T Nation

Sled Program for Real Power

just woundering if someone could recommend a sled program for real power. Because i have just been doing my own program but just dosent seem that good.

What’s your own program right now? You should outline it.
Whats your age, weight, height?
Also I’d like to state that a sled “power” program alone will not help you achieve all your results. It will help but it’s not a means to all ends n shit. You can’t solely rely on it man.

“Real” power… AS opposed to fake power?

[quote]Hanley wrote:
“Real” power… AS opposed to fake power?[/quote]

I was also curious of this…

check out defrancos ask joe section he outlines some sled programs

[quote]Hanley wrote:
“Real” power… AS opposed to fake power?[/quote]

I think its a martial arts thing…

[quote]KombatAthlete wrote:
Hanley wrote:

[/quote]

I think “Real” power comes from functional muscles. The Deltards have a great potential for it I heard.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
KombatAthlete wrote:
Hanley wrote:

I think “Real” power comes from functional muscles. The Deltards have a great potential for it I heard.[/quote]

Would Bruce Lee epitomize this real power?

not bruce lee… but ninjas

Sleds ar generally best for conditioning, not for building of REAL power but transfering power gained in the weightroom to the ground and aiding in recovery.

Sure you can gain a level of strength and power from them But I would not look for all your REAL power to come from a program based on the sled but use it as a tool in a complete training program

Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:
Sleds ar generally best for conditioning, not for building of REAL power but transfering power gained in the weightroom to the ground and aiding in recovery.
[/quote]

depends how heavy your sled is … if it weighs 2 tonnes then methinks some “real power” might be achieved

seriously though, there is a good write up in polloqins’ book on strongman training, some good sled stuff in there.

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=134&pid=1506

sleds are a great basic tool if you don’t have much else, but a sled and a space to drag it, very nice

I never measure in sled work…save for the reps. Even then, it is just vague. I carry things while I sled, then drop them and sprint away…I lift (snatch, squats, whatever) then sprint away with the sled.

Sled work seems to have a great carryover to sports and general conditioning. I wouldn’t worry so much about a “program,” though. Just do them…

[quote]Danny John wrote:
I never measure in sled work…save for the reps. Even then, it is just vague. I carry things while I sled, then drop them and sprint away…I lift (snatch, squats, whatever) then sprint away with the sled.

Sled work seems to have a great carryover to sports and general conditioning. I wouldn’t worry so much about a “program,” though. Just do them…[/quote]

Where does the puking fit into to the equation Dan LOL

Thanks for the input and well ill pimp it for you Dans Carried Away DVD available on his site is a Great one for training like he talks about.

Phill