Sled + db: Stepups & Lunges

im injured, so instead of just posting the demonstration of the exercises, i went all nuts and tricked out the video…

(EDIT: watch in high quality for full effect):

apocolypse now theme:

anyway, i like these variations… im seeing good results with them… and people claim they feel much more glute/hamstring… adds a significant horizontal component to the exercise.

positive/negative comments welcome.

DATS HOW YOU DEMONSTRATES DEM EXERCISES ON YOUTUBES.

peace

Very Nice.

Be honest, were you stoned when you thought up the idea? It just seems very ‘outside the box’ :smiley:

[quote]SmittyTheOx wrote:
Very Nice.

Be honest, were you stoned when you thought up the idea? It just seems very ‘outside the box’ :D[/quote]

no, in fact ive never smoked weed or done drugs… funny that you say that…

i partially tore some hamstring tendon, so, my mind is kind of “pissed off”… that probably had something to do with it…

here’s an old one i did:

eventually i’ll make some of myself training/dunking etc, for fun, but, i need to put 5 more inches on my running vert before i do that… if i do something crazy with just getting 3" over the rim i’d look like a tard.

peace & thanks for the comment!

I liked the video. Most lifting videos just have music, but I liked the added stuff. Interesting ways to change up those exercises too.

[quote]Kulturkampf wrote:
I liked the video. Most lifting videos just have music, but I liked the added stuff. Interesting ways to change up those exercises too.[/quote]

thanks!

[quote]cheeta wrote:
I have to say Im impressed. Might have to try this[/quote]

your avitar is much more impressive.

if you try it, tell me how it goes… the bungee allows for more consistent tension than the sled, but i would only use that for the lunges… stepups you have to use the sled or a rope that doesn’t slingshot the person back when they are on the back.

i’ve been using this alot lately with the guys who come in for speed training… i’ve seen some weird (good) results after using the bungee + db lunges, their 10-20 yard dashes have just been decreasing very well.

(edit^^^: using that exercise in combination with of course speed work, pin squats, etc… so not just that alone)

peace

I liked the song choice (War Ensemble (Instrumental) by Jedi Mind Tricks), which kind of added to the “pump up” feel of the vid.

Gotta try some of these variations, thanks!

[quote]TheSolution wrote:
I liked the song choice (War Ensemble (Instrumental) by Jedi Mind Tricks), which kind of added to the “pump up” feel of the vid.

Gotta try some of these variations, thanks![/quote]

JMT has produced some of the sickest beats…

another one of my favorites from them is “sacrifice”…

rob the viking is sick… pokerface is another excellent instrumental.

peace!

[quote]adarqui wrote:
TheSolution wrote:

peace![/quote]

Nice, if you’re into the instrumental scene, Blue Sky Black Death and RJD2 are my favorites.

[quote]TheSolution wrote:
adarqui wrote:
TheSolution wrote:

peace!

Nice, if you’re into the instrumental scene, Blue Sky Black Death and RJD2 are my favorites.[/quote]

checked them out… very sick… thanks