T Nation

Slap In the Face: It Hurts!

I’m bummed out…was hoping, just the tiniest glimps of hope that I would somehow be recommended or looked at for the national team in my sport (dragon boat) the worlds are this year in Australia.

Found out that no, not looked at this year…it just kinda made me feel a little bit down to find out.

Being on the national team is one of my objectives and that’s what I am working for so this is like a slap in the face, temporary pain but it still stings right now!

So, looks like I won’t be visiting Australia this year but…I’m confident that I will make it in two years…that’s my goal!

hang in there. you’ll come back stronger next year

Definitely a bummer… but sounds like you have a real positive outlook. Good luck & keep up the hard work!

[quote]annemarieb wrote:
Definitely a bummer… but sounds like you have a real positive outlook. Good luck & keep up the hard work![/quote]

Ditto.

Were you able to get any feedback as to why you weren’t considered? It’s likely not something you want to hear right now, but if they can tell you what they see as your shortcomings it may help your progress.

Good luck and train hard.

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:

Were you able to get any feedback as to why you weren’t considered? It’s likely not something you want to hear right now, but if they can tell you what they see as your shortcomings it may help your progress.

Good luck and train hard.[/quote]

Knowledge is power. Use it to your advantage.

I see you are from Quebec. Are you on the Cascades Women’s team?

Train hard and make it next year or the year after :D.

Let it motivate you to be BETTER!

Koing

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
Ruggerlife wrote:

[/quote]

No, better, montreal elite womens,best in canada:)

[quote]barbiegirl wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:

No, better, montreal elite womens,best in canada:)[/quote]

Congratulations. You can’t get better than best!

[quote]barbiegirl wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:
Ruggerlife wrote:

No, better, montreal elite womens,best in canada:)[/quote]

Not to mention how great you look in your avatar picture. Wow.

[quote]barbiegirl wrote:
I’m bummed out…was hoping, just the tiniest glimps of hope that I would somehow be recommended or looked at for the national team in my sport (dragon boat) the worlds are this year in Australia.

Found out that no, not looked at this year…it just kinda made me feel a little bit down to find out.

Being on the national team is one of my objectives and that’s what I am working for so this is like a slap in the face, temporary pain but it still stings right now!

So, looks like I won’t be visiting Australia this year but…I’m confident that I will make it in two years…that’s my goal![/quote]

Get pissed from that “slap”, and train your ass off. Then give 'em hell.

[quote]pookie wrote:
barbiegirl wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:
Ruggerlife wrote:

No, better, montreal elite womens,best in canada:)

Not to mention how great you look in your avatar picture. Wow.
[/quote]

Aren’t I hot!!!

Have they given you anything as far as training that you need to do to improve? If so you need to set the bar higher for yourself, if not ASK them so you’re not wasting your time. You have 2 years and at this level it is not a long time. Get your butt in gear! :slight_smile:

It’s all good BG, just keep training hard and you’ll make it. All of us here support you and wish you the best!!!

[quote]The Savage wrote:
Have they given you anything as far as training that you need to do to improve? If so you need to set the bar higher for yourself, if not ASK them so you’re not wasting your time. You have 2 years and at this level it is not a long time. Get your butt in gear! :)[/quote]

Oh I’ll make it…I work friggen hard so I’ll make it…in two years. I was probably 5 or 6th maybe less out of the choices so I know I’m not wasting my time besides it feeds the desire to work hard.

I’m okay now, it no longer stings, it does bruise the ego for about 24-48 hrs then you get back into, you stop questionning yourself and you continue to kick ass!

Thanks for the support everyone!