SL 5x5 Then Big Beyond Belief?

i forgot to mention the physique i want is a hugh jackman physqiue something like that wolverine

[quote]sunsetreaper wrote:
i forgot to mention the physique i want is a hugh jackman physqiue something like that wolverine[/quote]

just do push up everyday if its your goal… should get there in 3 month

[quote]GTFOmyPowerRack wrote:

i forgot to mention the physique i want is a hugh jackman physqiue something like that wolverine[/quote]

[/quote]

im looking for a serious answer

[/quote]

im looking for a serious answer[/quote]

No you’re not, because you’re not asking a serious question.

Judging from your earlier posts, you sound as if twelve weeks of 5x5 is the extent of your training life. This is stuff you do for years, not weeks. There isn’t one program that’s going to get you looking like Hugh Jackman or whatever: get your diet in check and just train with a program you believe in.

I really like BBB. It’s been great for me. I think you just need to be intelligent about exercise selection (Use High Bar Squats, CGBP, and Decline Pressing to prevent tearing my shoulders to shit). Also, I just repeat the First Ramp + SuperGrowth Phase. I’ve tried Ramp 2, and for me, Chest work 6x a week is too much for me.

I’ve tweaked things a bit more for my liking now that I’ve done the program fully (switched what day I did Triceps), but I’d run the first ramp + SG phase once as is, see if you like it. If you don’t you wasted 6 weeks, no biggie.

[quote]The3Commandments wrote:

[/quote]

im looking for a serious answer[/quote]

No you’re not, because you’re not asking a serious question.

Judging from your earlier posts, you sound as if twelve weeks of 5x5 is the extent of your training life. This is stuff you do for years, not weeks. There isn’t one program that’s going to get you looking like Hugh Jackman or whatever: get your diet in check and just train with a program you believe in. [/quote]

replies like these is what really makes me afraid to ask questions, i used to do one body part a day back then and it worked well for me but im trying new things and i just want different peoples opinions i didn’t ask for any sarcasm

Bro, You dont need advice from that type of body. Any type of bodybuilding split will do.

Bro, You dont need advice from that type of body. Any type of bodybuilding split will do.[/quote]

ok well im going to do BBB for a while then try one body part a day after i finish with 4 workouts per body part, 4 sets 6-12 reps i just am really confused because so many people tell me this and that and its hard to know whats good and what isnt then when i ask questions peole bash me and dont take me serious

Bro, You dont need advice from that type of body. Any type of bodybuilding split will do.[/quote]

ok well im going to do BBB for a while then try one body part a day after i finish with 4 workouts per body part, 4 sets 6-12 reps i just am really confused because so many people tell me this and that and its hard to know whats good and what isnt then when i ask questions peole bash me and dont take me serious[/quote]

Nobody can give you a straigth answer. Fuk Im still looking for what works for me. Try different type of program and find what works for you. Any kind of resistence training with weigth anyway isn’t time lost if you train hard.

ok well im going to do BBB for a while then try one body part a day after i finish with 4 workouts per body part, 4 sets 6-12 reps i just am really confused because so many people tell me this and that and its hard to know whats good and what isnt then when i ask questions peole bash me and dont take me serious[/quote]

Nobody can give you a straigth answer. Fuk Im still looking for what works for me. Try different type of program and find what works for you. Any kind of resistence training with weigth anyway isn’t time lost if you train hard.[/quote]

true…i guess ill try everything what have you tried BBB?

when doing 13-15 reps am i supposed to start heavier and do 13 reps then lighten it dow till i do 15 reps? or is it the other way around??

Do you lift lighter weight building up to a heavier weight or do you start at a heavy weight and go down to a lighter weight. I

I always think it’s a good idea to get your nutrition down and then try different programmes for 12 weeks, that way you know what works best for you.

Pretty much any programme will work if your diet is in order though,

Good luck

when doing 13-15 reps am i supposed to start heavier and do 13 reps then lighten it dow till i do 15 reps? or is it the other way around??[/quote]

Do some warm up sets, get blood flowing and all and getting your body use to heavier weight. Then for your first working set, you should fail between 13-15 reps. Depending on the rest periods that week, if you hit 15 reps, sometimes you can use that weight again and crank out 13. But most the time, you’ll have to make some drops in weight. So let’s say you’re on week 2 of a ramp, with 90 seconds rest, Squats would look like this

bar x some
95 x some
135 x 10
185 x 8
225 x 6
250 x 4
275 x 14 ← First working set, hit failure
250 x 13 ← Second working set
225 x 15 ← Third working set
205 x 15 ← Fourth working set

That’s just an example. It takes no time to do the 6 ‘warm-ups’ and does fatigue me at all, just get’s me loose and and ready for the heavier weight. Usually I have to drop the weight by 10% after the first and second set, but you’ll find what works for you. Some lifts you won’t have to go down as much, other lifts you may have to go down more. Just do all you can to stay in those rep ranges. And go to, or a rep shy of failure. If you hit all your sets with the same weight with 90 seconds, that probably means you weren’t giving it your all on the first few sets.

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

when doing 13-15 reps am i supposed to start heavier and do 13 reps then lighten it dow till i do 15 reps? or is it the other way around??[/quote]

Do some warm up sets, get blood flowing and all and getting your body use to heavier weight. Then for your first working set, you should fail between 13-15 reps. Depending on the rest periods that week, if you hit 15 reps, sometimes you can use that weight again and crank out 13. But most the time, you’ll have to make some drops in weight. So let’s say you’re on week 2 of a ramp, with 90 seconds rest, Squats would look like this

bar x some
95 x some
135 x 10
185 x 8
225 x 6
250 x 4
275 x 14 ← First working set, hit failure
250 x 13 ← Second working set
225 x 15 ← Third working set
205 x 15 ← Fourth working set

That’s just an example. It takes no time to do the 6 ‘warm-ups’ and does fatigue me at all, just get’s me loose and and ready for the heavier weight. Usually I have to drop the weight by 10% after the first and second set, but you’ll find what works for you. Some lifts you won’t have to go down as much, other lifts you may have to go down more. Just do all you can to stay in those rep ranges. And go to, or a rep shy of failure. If you hit all your sets with the same weight with 90 seconds, that probably means you weren’t giving it your all on the first few sets. [/quote]

awesome i understand now thanks for the tips

can i apply the same principle you said to one body part, 4 exercises a day schedule?

can i apply the same principle you said to one body part, 4 exercises a day schedule?[/quote]

The way you ramp up in weight, yes. But 4 exercises with 3+ sets to failure is 12 sets of failure to 1 body part. I don’t know how that’ll work out. If you use one of KingBeef’s routines, you ramp up, and only the LAST set of each exercise is taken to failure.

So for Legs, on BBB you’d just go to failure for 3 sets of Squats, while another routine you may go to failure on one set of Squats, then one set of Leg Press, then one set of Leg Curls. So it differs program to program.

Also while I warm-up with all those sets for Squats, if I was moving on to Leg Press or something different, I’d maybe do 1 or 2 warm-up sets, just because I’m already loose and ready to go from the Squats, if that makes sense.

The first page of this thread KB goes into detail on how to ‘ramp’.

Here’s another article by CT on ramping

http://www.T-Nation.com/testosterone-magazine-639

Just play around with it, and use your ‘warm-up’ sets as a tool to ‘prepare’ for your main sets. DO what works for you.

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

can i apply the same principle you said to one body part, 4 exercises a day schedule?[/quote]

The way you ramp up in weight, yes. But 4 exercises with 3+ sets to failure is 12 sets of failure to 1 body part. I don’t know how that’ll work out. If you use one of KingBeef’s routines, you ramp up, and only the LAST set of each exercise is taken to failure.

So for Legs, on BBB you’d just go to failure for 3 sets of Squats, while another routine you may go to failure on one set of Squats, then one set of Leg Press, then one set of Leg Curls. So it differs program to program.

Also while I warm-up with all those sets for Squats, if I was moving on to Leg Press or something different, I’d maybe do 1 or 2 warm-up sets, just because I’m already loose and ready to go from the Squats, if that makes sense.

Just play around with it, and use your ‘warm-up’ sets as a tool to ‘prepare’ for your main sets. DO what works for you. [/quote]

someone told me if i did one body part a day, 4 exercises, 4 sets 6-12 reps each, that i should do a weight where i can do up to 6 reps n stick with it till i go to 12 reps then increase the weight from there for every exercise, whats your opinion that?

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/do_this_routine_instead_of_that_dumb_one

Just play around with it, and use your ‘warm-up’ sets as a tool to ‘prepare’ for your main sets. DO what works for you. [/quote]

someone told me if i did one body part a day, 4 exercises, 4 sets 6-12 reps each, that i should do a weight where i can do up to 6 reps n stick with it till i go to 12 reps then increase the weight from there for every exercise, whats your opinion that?

[/quote]

As long as you’re progressing, it probably doesn’t matter that much bud.

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

[/quote]

As long as you’re progressing, it probably doesn’t matter that much bud. [/quote]

progressing in weight being lifted right with the reps