SL 5x5 Then Big Beyond Belief?

i just finished 12 weeks of SL 5x5 and had such great results but now i am going to start big beyond belief tomorrow so does BBB realty work? im looking for hypertrophy and what other program do you guys recommend besides BBB? btw i only want to use barbell and dumbells i have a power rack, no machines. is visual impact any good?

I would suggest Layne Norton’s PHAT program, best out these in my opinion. Or Mike Ohearns powerbuilding program. Both of those offer variation since the beginner gains are done, but still keep it down to the big heavy movements

sooo BBB wont be that good? can you link m4e to those program you mentioned?

Assuming BBB = Big Beyond Belief and not Boring But Big:

I did BBB for a while, and it just wasn’t for me. Besides the insane volume, it was really difficult developing a consistent incremental progressive overload.

I’ve been doing Boring But Big with 5/3/1 for the past couple of months, as I was always too much of a pussy to do 5x10s in the past, but my gains have been great since I started. I’ve never felt stronger.

[quote]Obisidian wrote:

I did BBB for a while, and it just wasn’t for me. Besides the insane volume, it was really difficult developing a consistent incremental progressive overload.

I’ve been doing Boring But Big with 5/3/1 for the past couple of months, as I was always too much of a pussy to do 5x10s in the past, but my gains have been great since I started. I’ve never felt stronger.[/quote]

BBB isnt even that high volume except for 1 or 2 ramp up weeks.

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:

[quote]Obisidian wrote:

I’ve been doing Boring But Big with 5/3/1 for the past couple of months, as I was always too much of a pussy to do 5x10s in the past, but my gains have been great since I started. I’ve never felt stronger.[/quote]

BBB isnt even that high volume except for 1 or 2 ramp up weeks. [/quote]

I did the 6 days/week. Deadlifting and squatting twice a week just drained me completely, but I’m probably just a pussy.

Again, I’m not saying that BBB is a bad program or that there is too much volume, but just that I didn’t like it and the volume was too much for me.

[quote]Obisidian wrote:

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:

[quote]Obisidian wrote:

I did the 6 days/week. Deadlifting and squatting twice a week just drained me completely, but I’m probably just a pussy.

Again, I’m not saying that BBB is a bad program or that there is too much volume, but just that I didn’t like it and the volume was too much for me.[/quote]

thats fair enough than.

well im going to do BBB im pretty sure it will work for me but i didnt like PHAT because it invovled equipment i dont have so is there anything else like BBB? i only want to use free weight keep in mind or do i make my own plan up?

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:

[quote]Obisidian wrote:

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:

[quote]Obisidian wrote:

well im going to do BBB im pretty sure it will work for me but i didnt like PHAT because it invovled equipment i dont have so is there anything else like BBB? i only want to use free weight keep in mind or do i make my own plan up?

Again, I’m not saying that BBB is a bad program or that there is too much volume, but just that I didn’t like it and the volume was too much for me.[/quote]

thats fair enough than.[/quote]

[quote]sunsetreaper wrote:
well im going to do BBB im pretty sure it will work for me but i didnt like PHAT because it invovled equipment i dont have so is there anything else like BBB? i only want to use free weight keep in mind or do i make my own plan up?[/quote]

phat is a template not a set program you can sub exercises, but there is no reason BBB wont work either.

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:

well im going to do BBB im pretty sure it will work for me but i didnt like PHAT because it invovled equipment i dont have so is there anything else like BBB? i only want to use free weight keep in mind or do i make my own plan up?[/quote]

phat is a template not a set program you can sub exercises, but there is no reason BBB wont work either.[/quote]

ON BBB i can use any excercises i want right? im only going to use barbell mainly, pull up bar and some dumbells thats it

BBB isn’t high volume per se. It’s the frequency that can kill a body, especially if you really follow their exercise selection to a T. E.g., you’ll be pressing 6x/week, which can be hard on the shoulders and elbows.

Yeah, I loved BBB but unfortunately my joints and tendons didn’t like it quite so much.

I’m gonna hop on the 4x week template in January through the first training phase and see how that goes.

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:

phat is a template not a set program you can sub exercises, but there is no reason BBB wont work either.[/quote]

ON BBB i can use any excercises i want right? im only going to use barbell mainly, pull up bar and some dumbells thats it[/quote]

If your lifting by yourself, i suggest you opt for dumbells since the sets are suppose to be taken to ‘failure’. I saw really good progress using the 6-day template and using dumbells for everything but legs. I rotated leg press & seated leg curl, and hack squat & stiff leg DL for quads/hams. Great program, I would do it again if I had the time for 6x week.

BBB works great–at least it did for me–you hve to eat a lot and be willing to gain a decent amount of fat–if you want to see where the program took me in terms of physique progress you can check my contest thread–most of the gains i made were from BBB

[quote]aspengc8 wrote:

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:

ON BBB i can use any excercises i want right? im only going to use barbell mainly, pull up bar and some dumbells thats it[/quote]

If your lifting by yourself, i suggest you opt for dumbells since the sets are suppose to be taken to ‘failure’. I saw really good progress using the 6-day template and using dumbells for everything but legs. I rotated leg press & seated leg curl, and hack squat & stiff leg DL for quads/hams. Great program, I would do it again if I had the time for 6x week.[/quote]

i have a power rack i forgot to mention but besides big beyond belief i want to know a program where i can get ripped also i heard of visual impact but i dont know if its a scam or not?

i have a power rack i forgot to mention but besides big beyond belief i want to know a program where i can get ripped also i heard of visual impact but i dont know if its a scam or not?[/quote]

Judging from this post, you should not be doing BBB. Go to the beginner’s forum and start with a basic template. Check KingofBeef’s “Do This Routine Instead of that Dumb One” thread.

Don’t worry about the specific program: pick one that you personally find reasonable both timewise and volumewise, and then just stick with it for a while.

i forgot to mention the physique i want is a hugh jackman physqiue something like that wolverine

i forgot to mention the physique i want is a hugh jackman physqiue something like that wolverine[/quote]

just do push up everyday if its your goal… should get there in 3 month

[quote]GTFOmyPowerRack wrote:

i forgot to mention the physique i want is a hugh jackman physqiue something like that wolverine[/quote]

just do push up everyday if its your goal… should get there in 3 month
[/quote]

im looking for a serious answer