SkyzykS's Keep Hitting It Until It Works Again Log

We do both PCR and lat flows ourselves. I’ve done many of both at home and at testing centres for myself and the kids (and boy, is that fun) and you always administer the tests yourself. Probably to stop people getting punched in the throat.

Oh, apologies for misunderstanding. I’m not sure I would want to swab myself, to be honest. But this is America, what do you expect? :rofl:

3 Likes

This is one of those “does my bum look big in this” trick questions isn’t it?

1 Like

The worst! Always expect the worst! :rofl:

4 Likes

Maybe… depends on your answer to mine lmao

2 Likes

I’m so sorry that you ended up with the dreaded disease, and I’m glad that it wasn’t quite able to finish you off, despite its best efforts to the contrary.

Take good care of yourself!

1 Like

Thanks!

I do feel ok now, and very fortunate.

I have adamantium reinforced stents!

And for the first time in toooo long, I can smell dinner cooking!

7 Likes

Oh I’m so sorry! I’m glad you’re feeling better and hope you won’t have lingering issues.

I had to have one last week, and it was the same as yours. No brain involvement and my nose survived, happily.

I have to go get fitted for an N95 today. It’s not required for me at work, but strongly suggested. If a patient can’t keep their mask on during therapy I’m supposed to wear one, then disinfect my office, then abandon it for two hours. My department head several times now when reviewing the protocol during the weekly meeting: “so I’m the only one who ever has that happen?” The rest of us: ~crickets~

At some point it feels like I’m admitting that I don’t follow the very important protocol by not getting one fitted, so off to Conference Room A I go from 12-4:30 to be fitted. It occurred to me that if things really go to hell I’ll be glad to have it, but then I think, do I really want to be the only one in my family to survive because I have a fitted N95? And I really don’t, lol.

2 Likes

Covid…

Yeah. Everybody in Western PA seems to have it. Jabbed or not. Both my 26yo employees who are 60# less than me got real bad symptoms and had to isolate. I tested positive and never had a single symptom. Might be dumb luck or the fact my wife has had us mainlining zinc/quercetin/C/D etc… since March 2020.

Glad you recovered again. Maybe the heart attacks that made you quit smoking saved you from death by Rona.

Hang in there.

1 Like

Big exciting day for me/us. Today is kiddos first day back to school since the lockdown began way back when.

Didn’t actually sleep last night. We’ll see how it goes!

7 Likes

Good luck for little man

1 Like

Thanks.

Re-launch went OK so far. The teaching staff at his school is very good, and he was pretty warmed up to it.

As 9 year olds go, he’s very bright and has some startlingly good insights, but when he gets rattled or frustrated, he’s still a 9 year old.

So, we’ll see. I’m going to be on pins & needles for a while.

5 Likes

Me too man, me too.

2 Likes

:rofl:

Yeah. Very relatable.

1 Like

Yeah. My 8yo and 6yo will go from stunningly adult-level insights to donkey Kong style assaults of each other in less than an hour.

1 Like

Sometimes even within moments!

2 Likes

Kiddo did good. Teacher is impressed, he had a great time and is looking forward to being back at it.

I’m overjoyed.

None of my own “what if” 's came true.

9 Likes

Good sign. When my son went into 7th grade they started tracking (Honors) in our district. He was put into mostly honors classes. The Science teacher had my daughter three years before and told my wife “For the first six weeks I wondered what he was doing in this class. Then we had our first test and thought to myself, 'Oh, that’s why he’s in here.”

He had her fooled.

1 Like

Lead with your hopes, not with your fear.

2 Likes

I throw out easily remembered one liners like it’s my job, lol.

2 Likes