SkyzykS's Keep Hitting It Until It Works Again Log

:man_shrugging: Maybe? It certainly is something I’ve done. A lot.

I’ve actually switched things up a little lately (past 2 weeks) back to my oooooold strategy of having a med. to large salad before every meal.

And I’m pretty happy with the whole riced cauliflower and combinations thereof thing. I just have to get bags that are unflavored or seasoned. The seasoned ones are just crap, but the plain is really good with just like, a squirt of lemon.

Thanks. :heart: :+1:. I will.

How have you been?

I see the trip over/can not avoid strategy is working. And the exercise snacks is really pretty interesting.

Also, kinda jealous of the rower. The people at cardiac rehab thought I was a special kind of special when I said that the rower was my happy place. :joy:

1 Like

Likely this:

But it did have red skinned potatoes. And blueberries!

1 Like

Also, doesn’t the riced cauliflower and broccoli count?

I’m sure it does.

I take that as a kind, friendly encouragement. Probably would have come with a nice slap on the arm or shoulder in person. :grin:

1 Like

You KNOW those are not a real vegetable!

Funny, when I read your post I was eating a giant salad for my afternoon snack. Like, a big Thanksgiving family gathering sized serving bowl of salad. Salad before meals is a good idea.

Agree. Actually, as I’ve tried to get myself straight in the kitchen to drop some weight, I’ve returned to frozen riced cauliflower, and found it…packaged tasting, I guess. I liked it okay at one time, but I generally mixed it with steamed rice then, and together it sort of blends. But I’m off rice for the moment, because it’s (weirdly enough) my biggest weakness.

I don’t love it like I love the treadmill, but it’s an enjoyable machine and such a good cross-trainer for me. And yes, having it out in the open definitely helps. As a matter of fact, I bought it things today. A seat cushion and a phone holder. I hope it likes them!

I’ve known a handful of people who got all excited about getting to use the stuff at various rehabs, lol. I’m sure I’d be one of them. (“Hello, hospital? I’d like to order a stress test for fun, please.”)

It does count, haha.

2 Likes

Funny you should mention that. My next one is Wednesday. I think it’s going to be the good ole fashioned kind with the treadmill and the awkward closeness, spooning and related accoutrements.

The one last month was chemically induced, and also pretty weird. Like a BIG hit of nitrous, and then they gave me Pepsi and cookies.

I think I like the treadmill better.

Well, it’s not its own sound system (like the treadmill) but it certainly is a big move. :grin:

6 mile ride. Didn’t time it, just kept the pace at right around 50 rpm (4 min/mile) listened to some tunes and relaxed.

I did get hungry though.

So broiled up a London broil, and now it’s steak salad night.

5 Likes

Thank you for posting the veggies, lol.

2 Likes

Any time. :+1:

One thing I really need now (aside from an industrial rotisserie to make gyros and chicken) is those nice little dressing bottles with the nozzle top.

I got one a while back from Walmart but it wasn’t actual glass, and after putting vinegar in it, it showed signs of etching/leaching. I didn’t like that. My next area to become better at is going to be different types of salad dressings.

And I didn’t eat the whole plate (of meat) either. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Dressings really make all the difference when eating salads daily. I am lucky that I have found a low-fat dressing that I really like.

1 Like

They do. I mix a balsamic with some spices myself, but a lot of the store bought ones are just loaded with stuff I don’t want.

There’s a really good yogurt based one that @EmilyQ suggested which I really like, but I need to keep my sodium intake at less than 2k mg. per day. Even at 160 mg. per serving (2 tbsp) It adds up pretty quickly.

It always comes back to portion control with me. When I like something, I really like it. Lots of it!

1 Like

Yeah, I know the feeling. I also homemades from time to time - mostly some kind of white balsamico/olive oil/honey base with some random spices added.

Wee!

They’re like sweet potatoes with all of the happiness sucked out of them!

Odd thing my wife grabbed for me. Sweet potato chips. They’re actually pretty good. I hit them with some chili powder and they’re like BBQ chips with the natural sweetness.

Chili powder rights a lot of wrongs.

1 Like

Ummm.

Put em together, and dinner will be ready in a few hrs.

Edit:

Hours later

The roasted flavor came through like nothing I’ve ever tasted.

It ain’t too pretty but it sure is good.

Special mention to my shnookums for the whipped red potatoes. :relaxed:

4 Likes

Got in a 20 min, 5 mile ride.

It’s one of those place keepers to remain in a mode of doing instead of used to.

Stress test tomorrow. I have mixed feelings about it. We’ll also be looking at my bloods to see what’s happening with cholesterol levels.

So it should be an interesting day.

3 Likes

Nicely put. That food…lol! I’m sure it was tasty, but at first I was like, meatballs and chicken?? Why?! I see now that the ball things are mushrooms, though.

2 Likes

you really need to stop making people jealous with your mushrooms… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Those are just the portabellas from the grocery store.

These are the real prize!

Too bad this year was a complete bust. Way too dry all summer and fall.

2 Likes

I just saw some ground chicken at the grocery store that was 99% lean. I could tatally make meatballs with that, or patties & gravy.

The stress test went ok today. Or at least it was completed. Waiting on the results from the analysis of the data collected. No cookies. No pop. And the spooning wasn’t nearly as weird as last time. I am disappointed.

Tonight I intended to just warm up but after a couple of seconds changed it to see if I could get 3 miles in 10 minutes. Got 'em in 10:25. Maybe next time, but I was pretty happy with this time too.

3 Likes