T Nation

Skynet is Almost Here...

http://www.fishandchips.uwa.edu.au/project.html

MEART is assembled from:

‘Wetware’ ? neurons from embryonic rat cortex grown over a Multi Electrode Array.
‘Hardware’ ? the robotic drawing arm
‘Software’ ? that interfaces between the wetware and the hardware.
The Internet is used to mediate between its components and overcome its geographical detachment.
MEART is suggesting future scenarios where humans will create/grow/manufacture intuitive and creative ?thinking entities? that could be intelligent and unpredictable beings. They may be created by humans for anthropocentric use, but as they will be creative and unpredictable they might not necessarily stay the way they were originally intended.

I say we’re screwed.

Skynet is Almost Here…

…so is LiveSpill

He’s already here.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
He’s already here. [/quote]

/thread

Haha, well played sir.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

LMAO.

Thought this might be a thread with your progress pics or something.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
SkyNett wrote:
He’s already here.

LMAO.

Thought this might be a thread with your progress pics or something.[/quote]

Nope it was just me, doing my part to warn the world of the impending judgment day.

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
SkyNett wrote:
He’s already here.

LMAO.

Nope it was just me, doing my part to warn the world of the impending judgment day.[/quote]

It HAS to be this way. Our weapons are far too powerful and we are far too irrational to be trusted with such power.

One can only hope that our complete loss of freedom will be somewhat benevolent in nature, something like Huxley’s Brave New World — limitless sex, unrestricted recreational drugs, each person bioengineered to love whatever occupation they’re given.

One hundred years from now, probably less, no one on a board like this could understand a conversation such as we are writing now.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
chimera182 wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
SkyNett wrote:
He’s already here.

LMAO.

Nope it was just me, doing my part to warn the world of the impending judgment day.

It HAS to be this way. Our weapons are far too powerful and we are far too irrational to be trusted with such power.

One can only hope that our complete loss of freedom will be somewhat benevolent in nature, something like Huxley’s Brave New World — limitless sex, unrestricted recreational drugs, each person bioengineered to love whatever occupation they’re given.

One hundred years from now, probably less, no one on a board like this could understand a conversation such as we are writing now.

[/quote]

My main objection is that the arm will be able to learn from the internet. The last thing we want our overlords doing is getting ideas from people online. The robot masters are going to want to stick it in our poopers.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]relentless2120 wrote:
Skynet is Almost Here…

…so is LiveSpill[/quote]

guess im the only one who thought that was clever

Punch it in the face!

[quote]Rattler wrote:
Punch it in the face![/quote]

That’s why the arm is unbeatable, it doesn’t have a face!