Skipping a Few Meals a Week

Skipping dinner a couple of times a week can be a good idea in order to loose a few pounds ?
Those dasys I don’t do sports of course.
I already know that eating clean is better but I always end up eating more or not so clean so I was thinking of skipping dinner maybe twice a week.

What do u think ?

never underestimate your set-point. you’ll just make up for it on your other not so clean meals.

Sounds like a decent way to possibly lose some muscle going extended periods of time without food.

Why not just reduce calories at other meals slightly?

Is that bad ?
I don’t mean to skip dinner everyday. maybe twice a week or 3 times a week when those days I don’t work out.

I don’t think it’s a big deal to skip meals, as long as you make up for them. However, dinner is one of the few meals I would not miss.

you won’t lose muscle if you randomly miss a few meals a week. It would be ridiculous to think that if your body doesn’t get food for merely a few hours then it will start eating itself. I’ve seen some of my best progress when cutting if i use some intermittent fasting. It can be a great way to bust a plateau.

Don’t worry about losing any muscle.

If you are interested here is a good article on the subject Is Intermittent Fasting Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple

not eating a meal in order to loose weight is ridiculous. yeah it will work. is it optimal? no.

listen to j-fit, he’s got the right mindset.

I think it will hurt you in the end. Even on my current low-intake diet days, I may be getting very low cals, and crazy low carbs, but I’m still eating something every couple of hours. That’s what will keep your metabolism speeding along.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
I think it will hurt you in the end. Even on my current low-intake diet days, I may be getting very low cals, and crazy low carbs, but I’m still eating something every couple of hours. That’s what will keep your metabolism speeding along.

S
[/quote]

x2 no matter what your doing always try to get in food about every two hours.

you could instead of dinner just drink a shake… that’s what I tend to do on non workout days.