Skinny Guys Needed

Ok Guys - One last time…

Over in the Think Tank the experts are going to design a slow-twitch type training program for the first punk that steps up to the plate that meets a few criterion.

1. Has to have a classic slow twitch phenotyle (tall, thin, small wrists/joints - tends to be better at endurance stuff yet loves to weight train).

2. Can post the results of the following:

Bench Press
Overhead Press
Squat
Deadlift
Pull-Up

Vert Jump

1. The results have to be reported as 1RM - 85% 1RM - Number of Reps at 85%1RM (for the lifts, duh, we only need height for vert).

Now I know not all of you have those data readily accessible. But if you want in, reply to this thread and let us know you’ll be collecting it this week.

The first person who meets the above criterion will get a program designed by - not 1, but several - of the think tank.

Cool?

While you’re at it, snap some before pictures to which we can compare the results.

JB, this is such a great oppotunity! I’ve already harrased TC with a couple of PM’s with the required data, minus pullup weight (I never use weight on this lift). However, I will go to the gym today, even though its an off day, and strap on some weight and start pullin’. That way ALL of the required data will be done. So, do I need to post all of it here in this thread or on TC’s thread? I don’t know if he ever got the PM’s and he’s been kinda ornery lately so I don’t wanna bother him again.:slight_smile:

I posted my stats over in TC’s topic but if you want a tall skinny guy then I guess I am not the “type”.

I am a short stocky guy…

-Dave

[quote]iluminatae wrote:
I posted my stats over in TC’s topic but if you want a tall skinny guy then I guess am not the “type”.

I am a short stalky guy…

-Dave[/quote]

Dave,

They seem to be hurtin’ for tall, skinny guys. If we wait long enough, they’ll be forced to help us short, stocky guys who want to lose fat. :slight_smile:

Just kidding Think Tank Crew. I hope you find an appropriate subject as I would also like to see the results of the experiment.

Hey Mike,

I think they are discriminating against us little short guys…

taps toes

[quote]MikeTheBear wrote:
Dave,

They seem to be hurtin’ for tall, skinny guys. If we wait long enough, they’ll be forced to help us short, stocky guys who want to lose fat. :slight_smile:

Just kidding Think Tank Crew. I hope you find an appropriate subject as I would also like to see the results of the experiment.[/quote]

1. I’m 6’1" tall, weight 141 pounds, my wrists are less than 6 in.

Bench Press 4RM - 85%
Overhead Press 5RM - 85%
Squat 4RM - 85%
Deadlift 4RM - 85%
Pull-Up 3RM - 85%

Vert Jump 37", and 8" with straight legs

i have like 5 to 7% of total body fat.
and there’s my pic.

i cannot place my pic, but as soon as u tell me that i was the one u need i’ll send u my pic via mail.

Mr. Berardi, do you want to know what I spent last night (Friday night) doing? I spent it alone, reading ?What I Wish I Knew Then - Confessions of a Former Skinny Guy Part I & II? on your site and getting pumped up!!! I went out today and bought a huge box of frozen chicken breasts.

Before we continue, I am about 6ft tall, 144lbs, 9.8% BF (measured this morning) at 27 years of age. If you want some perspective on those stats, I have been working out for about the last nine years.

If I were a super hero my name would be CAPTAIN SLOW TWITCH.

You will not find a more dedicated (and at the same time perhaps misguided) candidate. You do not have to worry for a second that you will spend all this time making up this program and I won?t follow it. I will follow it. TAKE ME THROUGH HELL AND BACK DEAR THINK TANK GENIUSES.

Just four weeks ago I got a job, and you want to know what the ONLY thing is that I spend money on? Chicken breasts, cottage cheese, protein powder, you get the idea. I spend and hour and a half every night making my food for the next day to take to work (I just read your latest article and will now prepare my food on Sundays). I eat every 2-3 hours. I eat 7 meals everyday, religiously. I carry a bottle of fish oil capsules with me to work. I bought a tub of dextrose and mix that with my pwo shake. I don?t ever mix fat and carbs in my meals as per your suggestions (but I will do whatever you want now… you want me to mix carbs, fats and cat food? DONE.)

I keep a detailed food log. The last couple weeks I have been taking in 2,709 calories and 164g of complete protein a day. I have not missed a single meal or workout. You want to know what my last four weeks of determination got me? I lost one pound. It was fat though, so at least that?s good, I guess, ahh who am I kidding! I wanted to gain darn it!!

Do you think that discourages me? HELL NO!! I am upping my calories for next week, I am going to calculate it all out and plan my meals accordingly.

I would post a pic of myself but I dare not horrify my fellow t-mag readers. I will gladly forward it to the Think Tank Experts if you supply me with an email address.

I have covered my windows with cardboard and duct tape to block out all light so I can get a good nights sleep for recovery. I even went out today and bought tin foil to reinforce this so that not a single photon of light will fall upon my slumbering flesh.

I have been listening to stress reduction tapes in my car on the way to work so I can lower cortisol simply for the purpose of gaining muscle and losing fat.

I have never met a girl with thinner wrists than myself and yet I am about 6 ft tall. You want narrow shoulders? I am about as wide facing forward as I am facing sideways.

I can gain rapid progress in anything endurance related but strength and size? Forget about it!!

I have spent the last four weeks doing the Neanderthal Series workouts by Eric Cressey and Mike Robertson to fix my posture so I can move on to some crazy workouts? guess what, I finished the last workout TODAY and I AM READY FOR A NEW PROGRAM TO MAKE ME DISTURBINGLY HUGE. Or just less pathetic looking. Whichever comes first.

Just last night after reading the Confessions of a Former Skinny Guy series, I was back on T-Nation trying to find a program, I was looking at ABBH, and thinking of going that route perhaps.

Listen gentleman, let?s be serious here. How amazing would be this undertaking of yours if you had insane before and after pictures of the guinea pig? Well I guarantee you will not find a better before pic than mine. No better starting point for one of those shocking transformations that will cause everyone to yell ?Photoshop!?

I am well known far and wide for my pain threshold. .

I am well known far and wide for my insane will power and dedication.

I am well known far and wide for my lack of results.

You want someone who is hungry for this??? As SOON as I read your post Mr. Berardi, I ran to my weights and did the lifts you mentioned so I could get you my stats. In fact, I am writing this in between rest periods.

You want to know what has been pretty much the only thing on my mind the last few weeks? GETTING BIG. I just think about my next meal, or next workout, or about how crazy jacked I want to look!!!

Ok, I just got in from the backyard doing my vertical jump test. The stats are ready now:

Bench Press 7 reps at my 85%RM

Overhead Press 12 reps at my 85%RM

Squat 14 reps at my 85%RM

Deadlift 8 reps at my 85%RM

Pull Up 4 reps with bodyweight (don’t know how to measure this w/ 85%RM)

Vertical Jump 18.5? (wow, that?s depressing)

I hope that’s how you wanted those stats measured. The way I understood it was that you wanted to know the number of reps I could do at my 85%RM. If I misunderstood please don?t disqualify me! Let me know I will do it again however way you want!!

I am so pumped about this whole idea!!!

LET?S DO THIS!!!

I GUARANTEE this is going to turn out better than you even imagined when you thought this up.

I am your soldier. Send me to battle, gentlemen.

I’m in definitely… I’ll post my picture and all of that in the next few moments.

height: 6’2"
weight: 200 pounds

Goal : Stronger, Faster(linear), Quicker(horizontal), Bigger.

of reps for 85% of 1RM:

Bench press: 6 reps
Squat : 3 reps
Deadlift : 4 reps
Pullup w/we: 10 reps
Overhead P : 7

Vertical J : 38"
Speed 40 : 4.4

I posted in the first thread with a picture. I am the classic skinny guy your looking for. ( My wrist/arms are tiny, I can wrap my pinky and thumb around my wrist. Again, I would love this opportunity.

In addition, I have stuck to the nutrition plan(to the T-) presented in Jb’s DVD “one size fits all portion,” and have been extremely disciplined for 5 months without many adjustments to the plan. My supplements are strictly T-nation and *you can check my track record on purchases every month. I am waiting to purchase the supplements that are out of stock at this moment for this coming month (Surge,LCGrow!).

-Get Lifted

P.S here is a new picture to demonstrate how skinny my wrists/arms are(I am the tackler). It would be my honor for T-nation to transform my athleticism into something magical.

“Take me… and morph me into a better athlete than I already am.”

I would like to be considered a candidate for the program. I am 6’3" and 225 pounds. While I am not skinny right now, I do have an ectomorphic leaning body frame, (long limbs, small wrist, elbow, knee joints) I have done better in the past at endurance events-- 5 and 10k runs and cycling, but stopped doing those because I love to weight train and would like to work up to respectable powerlifting numbers. I am carrying extra abdominal fat secondary to poor diet and absent any cardio. But I am told frequently that I look like I do not weigh nearly as much as I do. I will post numbers within the next day or two.
Thanks

Im defenitely in. I fit all the things you need.

Height: 6’7"
Weight:220lbs

I can warip my hands around my wrist real easy, with a lil space left over.

Bench Press:1rm 210 lbs Reps @85% 4 reps

Deadlift: 1rm 225lbs Reps@85% 4 reps

Squat: 1rm 210lbs Reps @85%

Overhead Press: 1rm 115lbs @85% 5 reps

Pull-Up: 3 reps @bodyweight

Vertical leap: 23 inches

My goals are to get stronger, more muscular, quicker, faster, and possible add some height to my jump.

Thanks

Im in if my stats qualify

5’11" 170lbs

Bench: 10 reps @85rm
Overhead Press: 8 reps@85rm
Squat:13 reps @85rm
Pull up: 10 reps @85rm
Vert Jump:23in

Do what you will

I am 6’6" and pretty skinny as far as muscularity goes @ 245 lbs. I do have the pooch belly. I would love to try a program designed by you guys and will collect data for you this week.

Qualifications:

Im 6’4 and 165lbs at 21 yrs of age!
Looking to gain size and the weight to go with it! Just starting out so my gains may be bigger than normal.

Keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

JP

6’6…205…I was 190 about 3 weeks ago…but thanks to MAG-10 and 6000 cals I put on 15 pounds. I’m still called skinny almost everyday…and I hate it!

I think I fit the bill for this. My stats: 6ft6, 220lbs with thin wrists(8.5"). Lift 1 rep maxs: BP 14" grip - 225lbs, OHP - 90 kilos, BS - 140 kilos DL - 150 kilos, Pull-Ups - 8-10 reps. I’d really appreciate your expertise and guidance.
rackrecker

[quote]John M Berardi wrote:
Ok Guys - One last time…

Over in the Think Tank the experts are going to design a slow-twitch type training program for the first punk that steps up to the plate that meets a few criterion.

1. Has to have a classic slow twitch phenotyle (tall, thin, small wrists/joints - tends to be better at endurance stuff yet loves to weight train).

Bench Press
Overhead Press
Squat
Deadlift
Pull-Up

Vert Jump

1. The results have to be reported as 1RM - 85% 1RM - Number of Reps at 85%1RM (for the lifts, duh, we only need height for vert).

Now I know not all of you have those data readily accessible. But if you want in, reply to this thread and let us know you’ll be collecting it this week.

The first person who meets the above criterion will get a program designed by - not 1, but several - of the think tank.

Cool?[/quote]

Oh yeah, my vert is 28" - rackrecker n M Berardi wrote:
Ok Guys - One last time…

Bench Press
Overhead Press
Squat
Deadlift
Pull-Up

Vert Jump

Cool?[/quote]

1.) I weigh 159 lbs and i’m 6’1. I have a little bit of lower abdomen fat and stick legs and arms that are long and gangly. I can easily get my hand around my wrists. I want to focus on putting on as much weight as possible going into the christmas vacation. The only obstacles i have are school but as the midterms die down they are less and less.
2.) 1RM - 85% bench press 115 lbs 10 reps
1RM - 85% overhead press 55 lbs 5 reps
1RM - 85% squat 115 lbs 6 reps
1RM - 85% deadlift 115 10 reps
1RM - for pullups is 7 reps till failure so i guess 6.
Vertical jump 24 inches

Thanks for the oppurtunity, if i’m selected i can have detailed pictures up in 24 hours.

I’m 5’9" and 121 lbs. I first started working out seriously in the spring while living in Phoenix. In July, I moved to Thailand lost about 10 lbs. (Mostly due to adjusting to new food. The body tends to throw the baby out with the bathwater so to speak when its unsure of what you’ve just eaten.) Regardless, I just found a good gym here 6 weeks ago and beginning to improve again. I’m sure the extra legwork in developing a good diet in the third-world disqualifies me for this, but I’ll do the tests and post later for the heck of it.