T Nation

Skinny Guy Supplements

I am 6’2" and weigh about 175lb. Yes I am pretty skinny. I have taken weight gainer but that doesn’t seem to really work for me. I was wondering if there is anything that would really help me gain muscle. It seems like I’ve been getting alot stronger but not bigger.

Also I’ve been hearing about testosterone boosters. I’m sure it works but does it have any side effects of making you angry

Beef works pretty damn good for me. If you aren’t gaining you aren’t eating enough. Forget the supplements for now and pick up a fork. No supplement will make you magically start making progress.

Post an average day’s worth of food that you eat, including the size of the portions. That way we can tell if you’re already eating the wrong things or not eating enough. After that’s figured out, then we can talk supplements.

how about a little reading and a lot of eating?

weight gainers are rubbish.

the only way to put on weight it to ingest more calories then you use.

Food be it real whole foods or supplements are going to be #1 you need calories.

The only other thing I can really think that may help supplement wise is many ppl have reported an increse in appetite from Carbolin 19 if not being hungry is a problem it may help. Also the anabolic environ it creates.

But still even with that it aint going to do a thing with out the total effort put into eating more total food.

Milk. A gallon of whole milk a day. Thats 2400 cals and 128g protein.

You might also want to get your thyroid checked. You might have hyperthyrodism…your thyroid is to fast.

I tried this sweet supplement for putting on mass. It’s called something like NY Strip EXXXTREME!!! MASS or somethingz lololol!!!1one

Seriously bro, take it. It works. Get the “rare” flavor, it tastes best.

I personally like Eggs about 6 a day, beef, peanut butter, milk, all good stuff…

Steak.
Milk.
Eggs.
Fish.

[quote]PRBogey wrote:
You might also want to get your thyroid checked. You might have hyperthyroidism…your thyroid is to fast. [/quote]

Wow diagnosing hyperthyroidism over the net without knowing anything about the guy. You’re smart.

I’m on board with all the food answers.
Beef
Eggs
Fish
Chicken
All kinds of cheese including Cottage cheese.

Great, heaping, copius quantities of manfood. You’ll know when you’re getting too much which sounds like, for you, will be pretty tough for a while.

Thanks for the info. I’ll make a scheduale of what I eat and reply back. I was really suprised by all the posts.

I was 6’ ~150# in college. I tried to gain weight forever. I thought I ate a lot of food just because I ate more than the average guy.

I finally truly bulked by force feeding myself and doing protein shakes. It is truly hard to get enough food in for some of us.

[quote]masucci wrote:
Also I’ve been hearing about testosterone boosters. I’m sure it works but does it have any side effects of making you angry[/quote]

No