Skinny Friend Only Works Chest, Biceps

Any advice on how to convince him otherwise? I don’t really care what he looks like but he it’s kinda ridiculous how stupid he is…

[quote]Fabregas wrote:
Any advice on how to convince him otherwise? I don’t really care what he looks like but he it’s kinda ridiculous how stupid he is…[/quote]

I’d say let him keep doing it. He might change his habits sooner or later.

Just lead by example and maybe he’ll notice how much progress you make, so that’ll get him on the right track.

In all honesty he is my training partner and I always have to tell him what to do. Sometimes im just tired and unmotivated and want somebody to push me.
I’ve been with him for about 6months and it seems nothing i say sticks with him.
I guess its time to drop him…

If your problem is with his stupidity, like you said, there isn’t much you can do about that.

Has he ever seen you deadlift? If you show him what it looks like to lift 400+ pounds off the floor, he might become interested in doing that instead.

[quote]imhungry wrote:
Fabregas wrote:
Any advice on how to convince him otherwise? I don’t really care what he looks like but he it’s kinda ridiculous how stupid he is…

I’d say let him keep doing it. He might change his habits sooner or later.

Just lead by example and maybe he’ll notice how much progress you make, so that’ll get him on the right track.[/quote]

x2

That’s why he’s your skinny friend.

Just treat it as an experiment to see how long it takes for his shoulders to hunch forward.

In all seriousness I would just drop him. Start lifting on you own. You will be better off. He’s probably just distracting you anyway.

Have you told him the benefits of doing more than what he currently is, and are his weightlifting habits enough make you want to ditch him? If they are, ditch him, he’s better off without you lol

I agree to let it be. You can only control yourself so focus on that.

This reminds me of a friend of mine. He came to me for advice on “working out” years ago each year around the same time he does this. “I’m going to get serious this time,” if I had a nickle for everytime I have heard him say that and quit a week or two later.

He wants to “get ready for summer” every year and I gave him great advice at first now I could give a shit. I am only going to offer genuine advice the first 5 times after that your on your own. I would def. drop him, I told my friend that I would NEVER workout with him and he was fine with that.

If he thinks he’s a tough guy because he has big biceps and pecs just let him be. People like that are ignorant to what we do.
Just focus on your training, it’s unwise to go out of your way to help out someone who doesn’t want your help.