Skinny Fat With Pics (Awful I Know)

Hi. I got a huge problem, had it since I was a kid…man boobs. I’m 19 about 130lbs, 6ft, you think i’m skinny but look at pics…disgusting, just need advice. Not sure of my body fat. I used to weight 180 but dropped drastically due to improper dieting, about 20lbs fast, then in a year slowly the rest of it. I did mostly alot of cardio for a year at my college, and recenlty started to serirosly lift, past month or 2, realizing my mistake.

Now I look really skinny with a shirt on and disgusting with it off. I have read tons of articles. Right now I am eating 2000 calories, almost clean diet. I usually eat clean, a few small meals a week are bad like today had 2 cups of ice cream (first time in months). I lift for about 45 mins a day 5 or 6 days a week. I stopped cardio, trying to start back up after lifting but cramp up fast. I eat about about 40/40/20.

Is this good or should I change it? I take fish oil and avocados for fats, get no more than 10g sat. fat a day. I supplement with whey protein, fish oil, and a mult. vit., do i need any thing else, might start creatine soon.

Stats: bench 130lb, incline is 100lb, barbell curl 60lb, dumbell military press 25s or w/ barbell about 75, deadlift 195lb, def. can’t squat have Chondromalatia Patellae. Each exercise is about 6-8 reps, and they are relative max’s. Usually do 4 or 5 sets w/ one warmup.
Lifting routine:
day 1: flat bench, incline, flys, skull crushers
Day 2: Deadlift, upright row, bet over row, one arm row
Day 3: military press, lateral rasies, biceps- ez bar curl.
Right now I’m home so lifting exercises is limited, at college i do leg extensions and lats pull down.

I’ve posted around but not any pics so I attached them,first time, EMBARRISING ,I know. From posts people told me to start eating tons of calories, but I’m afraid to, just want to lose the man boobs. Also, I have a good amount of loose skin and fat on my stomach, when I sit down it hangs over and looks horrible. I haven’t taken my shirt of in public since I was a little kid and just want to look at least normal.

Bascailly I just want to know what I need to do to lose the excess fat and gain some muscle, look decent, quickly if possible. I’m willing to do anything. My only problem is that I work at cvs 7 or 8 hr shifts 4 days a week, so eating evey 2-3 hrs is hard so it gets up to 5+ hrs. usually work from 3-10 or 9-5, getting one break. Any input would help, thanks alot?

Figured I would post my basic meals
M1: protein shake(22g), 1/2c oats, 1 cup 1% milk
M2: half of deli meat wrap ( low carb mission torrtilla 10 net carb 21giber 200cal+150-200 cal meat+2 fat free cheese slice 100cal+honeymustard 30cal+ veges) = about 525 cal
M3: other half
M4: power bar(reg.) 45 carbs, 10g pro., 240 cal
(M4 and M1 could alternate due to work schedule…need fast trans. food)
M5: skinless Chicken with carbs + fat free chedder cheese
M6: what ever is left over from M5 and fruit

I’m eating more caloires now about 2400 a day, 40/40/20 or 50p/30c/20f
I end up eating a yogurt or something small like it in b/t meals
Is the power bar fine?
I’ve been advised to bulk so am inc. cal. gradually 2000 to 2400, but alot of time ill heat a 400cal meal 30min. before bed due to tight schedule is that ok.
Thanks alot again

My advice would be to currently not worry about losing the flab around the gut and boobs. Rather get on a high quality nutritious eating plan high in protein, good carbs, and healthy fats. Combine this with a solid compound movement oriented lifting program.

Do this for two to three solid years without worrying about “cutting”. After three years of consistent work if done right you will have built a solid base of considerable muscle on your frame. Now is the time to strike with the knowledge you have continued to learn over these three years with a good dieting program.

This way with all that muscle you have earned your metabolism will be running hot and you will melt off that fat and have a bad ass physique lying underneath.

Another words don’t look for immediate gratification. You don’t currently have the body composition to bulk for one month and then cut. You have to look at this as a long term invest with big dividends if you want real results. Check out Vroom’s beginners thread.

It can be done!

D

Eat until you can’t fucking eat any more. Jesus Christ man you look like one of those starving kids on the commercials. That ice cream you ate, not a bad thing. Eat a few more cups of it and you might be good. Don’t worry about a clean bulk, just bulk in general. Eat fast food.

Also try lifting less than you are. Try maybe three or four times a week. Check out the site for different programs.

STOP THE MADDNESS!!! STOP… PLEASE MAKE IT GO AWAY…

Is the search tab not working???

You look malnourished. I can see you ribs. That is bad. EAT you look unhealthy.

I’d consider seeing a shrink and working on my head first. The rest will come when your psyche is healed.

Well, the fact that you have Chondromalacia Patellae is bothersome. I initially was going to tell you to perform the squats and milk program, but I can see that is a problem. Some individuals have had success with that program by replacing the squats with deadlifts.

For the Chondromalacia Patellae, check out:

http://www.orthoseek.com/articles/chondromp.html

Have you seen a physical therapist? Does your knee bother you when performing deadlifts?

If I were you, I would consider a bulk cycle. I started mine at 221 shooting for 250. You mentioned that you wanted to bulk, so why not give it a whirl? I can understand the need for results and getting them now. Unfortunately, that is not the way it works. So, I’ll beat a dead horse, eat, eat eat and when you are full eat some more.

Good luck. If you need any more advice, PM me. I may be able to help a little more.

BTW, when I started, I was 130ish now I am 230ish.

judging by the way you speak of yourself…I would also recommend a psychologist. I’m not trying to attack you nor am I trying to make a joke.

It just sounds like you might have developed a complex of some sort since your childhood.

I am in no place to offer advice; however, I am in a place to offer advice to those offering their advice.

The OP told you his situation and he told you what he wanted. To reiterate: he wants to lose the fat on his pectorals and gut as fast as possible then worry about building muscle.

Noone who replied - while very good advice to a generic beginner - has yet to offer a solution to his very specific query.

To initiate more accurate and precise responses for the OP I will ask T-Nation:

1. Can you spot reduce fat? Or as it pertains: will doing a routine heavy on the chest reduce the fat on one’s chest?
  2. Has anyone else with man boobs been able to get them to go away? How?

[quote]Contach wrote:
I am in no place to offer advice; however, I am in a place to offer advice to those offering their advice.

The OP told you his situation and he told you what he wanted. To reiterate: he wants to lose the fat on his pectorals and gut as fast as possible then worry about building muscle.

Noone who replied - while very good advice to a generic beginner - has yet to offer a solution to his very specific query.

1. Can you spot reduce fat? Or as it pertains: will doing a routine heavy on the chest reduce the fat on one’s chest?

[/quote]

My response is how, I believe one in his shape should do that. There isn’t a quick fix unless he opted for surgery.

D

man boobs go away if you eat right and gain some muscle. bro you got a bloat got like an ethopian or a “rex”. Got on a clean bulk but not that clean. eat some healthy stuff vegetables and fruits. you look seriously malnourished did you go “rex” for a while cause thats what you look like. i would slowly add veggies and proteins and good fats into your diet because your metabolism is probably in the garbage. dont do cardio that is not what you need

you work at cvs don’t they sell food there? why cant you eat. i work a desk job 8 hours a day and i jsut bring my food. you cant jsut get rid of loose skin on your stomach gain some mass you wont get fat i promise you jsut have nothing to supposrt your skin lift big eat big

Don’t be afraid to eat, if you’re willing to train that is. You’re skinny as fuck, and it’s straight up unhealthy.

Gaining muscle is the way to get rid of man tits, not becoming anorexic, and to gain muscle you have to be eating right (and enough). 2000 calories is like, maintenance eating for my healthy grandmother. Kick it up to at least 3K, and train. As long as you’re training smart you’re not going to undo all the hard work you’ve done in losing that fat.

You’re clearly a beginner when it comes to training, so I’d really love to recommend full body splits but I don’t know if that would be possible for someone lifting at home, so try something like this:

Day 1: Chest/ Tris
Incline Bench (barbell)
DIPS (you can find a place to do them and they’re one of the most important lifts you can do)
Flat Bench (dumbbell)
Skull-Crushers
Decline Bench (dumbbell)
Flyes

Day 2: off
Day 3: Back/ Bis
Bent-Over Rows (barbell and one-arm dumbbell)
Chin Ups
Deadlifts
you really won’t need any more biceps lifts

Day 4: off
Day 5: Shoulders and Legs
CLEANS
Squats if you have a way to do them
Military Press
Lateral Raises

cleans are a tough lift but I would really, really recommend them for your situation. The only reason I typed up this general workout plan is so I could include cleans actually.

dont they have like protein bars at CVS? and shouldnt you have a discount? If you really need food just buy/steal some of those from work and eat that. You just need to gain weight.

And i have man boobs which cant be spot reduced, but by gaining weight (fat and muscle) all around you will disperse the fat better and shrink the man boobs.

[quote]Contach wrote:

[/quote]
Great questions but they dont apply here for god sake look at the pics he cant lose more fat and live. The reason he has so called man boobs and belly fat its not fat its due to being 155lbs at 6’ in a sense he’s 10lbs of potatoes (organs and bones no muscle) stuffed into a 50lb bag (his skin). Hes not skinny fat he’s skinny, skin thats all there is in that pic.

He needs to get a grip on reality realize he’s sickly thin, I agree go seek mental help for his obvious prob, not to flame but it seems very very warranted. Leanr to adopt a healthy diet which MUST contain a LOT more intake. Hell just eating and daily movement will build more muscle then he has. Once you get the diet then worry about the lifting etc and those meatless man boobs will then disappear.

Best of luck,
Phill

Look,if you can afford,pay $100 for John Beradi’s Percision Nutrition.It will tell you exactly to speed up your metabolism,and your 2000 cals a day ain’t gonna do it.Follow the diet,find a good lifting iron program in here,do sprints 3 days a week,and you’ll see great results way less than in 3 years.I just got my Precision Nutrition in and not only is it top noch stuff for anybody,someone real skinny with flabby boobs will see a diet closer to 3500-4000 of great protein and vegetables/fruit and healthy fats will work wonders.

if you give me your email i can send you a bunch of workouts by Waterbury

I feel you man, I could understand how one being skinny and still have man boobs and a belly would be quite upsetting. Being skinny should at least have a six pack to show right? lol.

Anyway, it just seems like you would gain size in the wrong places if you start bulking. I think you’re in a pretty sticky situation. I’m not sure why you have man boobs - and since you were a kid at that, perhaps too much estrogen or maybe dense estrogn receptors in your boob area. Since you also have that belly, I would say it’s your hormones that’s working against you, but that’s just a guess of course.

I agree with one of the poster that a generic approach probably won’t work for you. Maybe you can try REZ-V to see if it helps your problem? You ever seen a doc about the man boobs? Whatever you do, good luck. If you look hard enough, I’m sure you’ll find a way to combat your situation, just don’t get discouraged. Look on the bright side, at least you’re not short :slight_smile:

You are not fat. Do not try to lose fat.

Gain muscle.

Any talk of losing fat is self defeating.

wow, so many posts didn’t get a chance to post side and back pics well here they are, and yea i’m bulking clean for a year or how ever long it takes. Up to 2300 cal today 500 just had milk and whey shakes, I’ve found that I should eat more earlier in the day.

My only question that remains is eating too many cals at night bad for me? Like today I only had 1800 till 7:30. Then got home at 10 and ate 600 (2 milk or servings, 2 whey, bowl of veges and cottage cheese.)

For the first few meals in the day can I just eat (2servings)oatmeal + (3)whey + (2)milk, in that ratio, its easy to carry around.