Skinny Fat Bulking

“I either squat or DL every week.”

So you only do ONE of these lifts per week? That means you only squat twice a month? DL twice a month? That won’t help. I am about your size (see my pics) but with more appreciable muscle mass. I squat and DL twice a week, these are staples of any basic strength/size routine.

You then say you work lower twice a week. So you squat once on day 1. What do you do the rest of that day? And what on the second day? Just isolation? Scrap that for now, focus on heavy compound lifts to add mass. Considering we are about the same size, this worked well for me at least. Good luck.

[quote]njrusmc wrote:
“I either squat or DL every week.”

So you only do ONE of these lifts per week? That means you only squat twice a month? DL twice a month? That won’t help. I am about your size (see my pics) but with more appreciable muscle mass. I squat and DL twice a week, these are staples of any basic strength/size routine.

You then say you work lower twice a week. So you squat once on day 1. What do you do the rest of that day? And what on the second day? Just isolation? Scrap that for now, focus on heavy compound lifts to add mass. Considering we are about the same size, this worked well for me at least. Good luck.[/quote]

thanks man. I squat and DL every week but lately I’ve been DL every other week. A lil concern w/back pains so im trying to cut donw to see what happens. I usually squat and do lunges along with cavle rasies for my first lower day. ON my second lower dya, i squat and DL folloewd by rows and chin ups.

W/o DL i focus on BB row, chin ups, pull ups and T-Bar. Im going to seperate back and legs cuz back shoudl be back on upperday even though I DL.

so you squat twice and DL twice?
and im assuming you DL and squat on the same day im assuming?

Edit: Thanks for serving man. I plan plan on OCS or LEO. How much did OCS screw your BB goals?

[quote]GettingBigNow wrote:
thanks man. I squat and DL every week but lately I’ve been DL every other week. A lil concern w/back pains so im trying to cut donw to see what happens. I usually squat and do lunges along with cavle rasies for my first lower day. ON my second lower dya, i squat and DL folloewd by rows and chin ups.

W/o DL i focus on BB row, chin ups, pull ups and T-Bar. Im going to seperate back and legs cuz back shoudl be back on upperday even though I DL.

so you squat twice and DL twice?
and im assuming you DL and squat on the same day im assuming?
[/quote]

Back pains - do you wear a belt?

Do NOT do squats and DL’s on the same day. Those two lifts use too much energy and you’ll never be able to do both full-assed. If you’re going to train your lower body twice a week (you should), do squats one day and deadlifts the other day. Or do deadlifts on the same day you train your lower back/core/whatever.

Whatever you end up doing, you better be squatting and DLing AT LEAST once a week each.

To be honest you should find a routine in this site rather than try to make a perfect training program like you are doing now. I thought I was too good to do that for years but I’m making more progress now that I don’t have to overanalyze a program. I let the author do that for me and I focus on going heavier.

If you join the USMC you will lose virtually every ounce of explosive power you have during bootcamp or OCS. You will also lose about 15 lbs of muscle and 3-5 of fat, assuming you are a muscular fellow to begin with. You will come home and be shamed by your weakness. You will have to swallow your ego and reduce most of your lifts by 20% on average. All you do is run all day, consume a high-carb low-protein diet (if you are lucky to eat at all!), and get deprived of sleep and rest. Its not training to make you strong; it is training to make you tough.

And yes, I squat and deadlift, in that order, on Mondays and Thursdays. Those are by far my hardest days. I do upper body pushes on Tuesday and upper body pulls on Friday. I know the above poster said not to do these together, but the reason I do is because …

1. It works well for overloading my legs.
  2. Works well for overloading CNS.

I know my deadlifts are less than they could be at max, but when I change up my cycle in a few weeks I will most likely heed his advice. I believe Mark Rippetoes Starting Strength has a 5x5 squat followed by a 1x5 deadlift … so there are programs that follow this pattern.

The size will come. Stay with it!

Great work! You can really tell what gains you’ve made.

I usually post on BB.com so no, I havent read that much on here.[/quote]

Oh COME ON…how has no one caught that yet…

I think you have a good attitude. You just need the right program and the right diet. READ and READ articles, anything you can get you hands on. There are tons of them on this site. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. The rewards are worth it so stick with it. Good luck. Rob

THE SHORTS! THE SHORTS!

if you eat a lot good foods and eat often, and you lift heavy things a lot w/ intensity (e.g. you should leave the gym soaked in sweat especially on a leg day), if you rest enough and repeat this cycle then it is seemingly impossible to not get big; amend what you need to, and then continue on.

i’ve puked twice on leg days, and usually two days after I can’t walk well at all. Be intense.

Dude you post your pics once you have a good physique not when you haven’t even lifted weights yet. Your supp to make progress and people comment on it or tell you how to refine or improve. What do you want people to say when you weigh 100 pounds. Shit

Dammit, if I click on another one of these threads full of skinny half-naked children, the IT department at work are gonna start asking uncomfortable questions.

[quote]Stiltz wrote:
Have you read ANY of the acticles on this site?

read…lift…repeat[/quote]

replace read with eat and youre good

[quote]1morerep wrote:
Ok…and exactly what sort of responses are you expecting to get?[/quote]

ROFLCOPTER!! WITH PEANUTS AND LEMMINGS!!

You need to build everything. Thankfully you are aware you are skinny-fat. So there is hope!

I usually post on BB.com so no, I havent read that much on here.[/quote]

There’s your problem.

Threads like this should be deleted. Jokers like you ruin this forum. You look like your average fat kid thats all.

What’s with all the heavy cream? And the Bacon? I know you shouldn’t stray away from all fats, but sounds like your eating a tad much fat. Make it a little bit cleaner and you’ll have more lean mass gains.

i gave you a ten because everyone is always rude as fuck on these rmp threads and whats the point? arrogant close minded arseholes.

the info is here on this site and if you can be arsed reading it then it will benefit you, if you cant be arsed reading it then you’ll probably stay looking like you do now or get fatter as you get older and more lazy. your choice, no-one on this rmp thread is ever gona give you the info or inpiration you need to do it so you better find it inside your head. good luck laddo.

[quote]crod266 wrote:
Dude you post your pics once you have a good physique not when you haven’t even lifted weights yet. Your supp to make progress and people comment on it or tell you how to refine or improve. What do you want people to say when you weigh 100 pounds. Shit[/quote]

how are we to know how much progress he has made if we have no “day one” pictures to look at? (i.e the type of picture he has posted) these kind of pictures are vital if we are to see any progress at all. surely?