T Nation

Skinny Fat Bulking

Relaxed

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj123/importrev/IMG_0111.jpg
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj123/importrev/IMG_0114.jpg
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj123/importrev/IMG_0108.jpg
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj123/importrev/IMG_0058.jpg

Ok…and exactly what sort of responses are you expecting to get?

What are your goals? Can I surmise from your screen-name that you are looking to put on size?

Can we get your age, diet, lifting regimen and years of training?

[quote]1morerep wrote:
ok…and exactly what sort of responses are you expecting to get?[/quote]

whatever critisim you can throw at me. im on AD and that was taken right after eating / carb up. im trying to bulk cuz even though my BF is kinda high, my arms suck.

I have been doing 5x5 for a good 3months or so.

Im starting a new routine focused on 8-12 reps with lighter weights but much better form especially in bench and curls. I either squat or DL every week.

Upper
Lower
Cardio
Upper
Lower

I figure this is the best way to increae T as im skinny fat.

My diet is something like this

5-6 eggs 3 tbsp heavy cream, bacon
6oz ground beef, veggie
peanuts
6oz ground beef, veggie
protein in heavy cream
peanuts

around 3000 cals

I started at 170lb pure fat, went down to 142lb skinny fat. Got to around 150 dirty bulking for 2 weeks. Still didnt know wtf i was doing for the next couple of years. Finally the past year i started eating / lifting somewhat properly. Its a learning process and i keep improving a tiny bit here and there

Trust me when I say you dont want to hear it.

[quote]Petermus wrote:
Trust me when I say you dont want to hear it.[/quote]

if you say in a way that is constructive so that i can benefit, feel free.

You’re not skinny fat.

Just untrained with no muscle.

There’s a difference.

Alright, well everyone starts somewhere right?

At the moment you don’t have much appreciable muscle mass on you, but it looks as though you’d be able to add a good amount, based on your frame.

I would probably ditch the 8-12 rep scheme and focus on the basics. Heavy squat, deadlift, bench, rows, etc. You’re currently at the stage where the addition of heavy compound movements would yield amazing results. Don’t bother with isolation exercises now because you 're going to be disappointed with the results.

Diet-wise, you are pretty endomorphic but you’re going to have to increase your kcal if you want to gain size. I would personally include some carbs peri-workout (ie: before and after you lift), or possibly some low-GI carbs in the morning (long-flake oatmeal).

Meat, nuts (walnuts and almonds), and low-carb vegetables are your friends. Eat them together, and often.

Well I actually came from 142lb to 163lb with heavy lifting. thast why i wanted to switch it up and focus a lil on hyperthropy. I’ve been lifting for almost 5 years, not really knew what i was doing or took it seriously until Jan 07 where i started to take it seriously.

Should I still focus on heavy???

I’m endomoprh? wow i was completely off then i always though i was ecto skinny fat.

Some sort of a linear progression program may be up your alley too.

5x5 is good, but someone who’s obviously a beginner, even if you have been lifting for 5 years, it may be a bit much.

In the beginning it’s about big weights and compound exercises. You can “sculpt” later.

Absolutely man…get your form in check before embarking on a heavy compound lifting program.

This can be hard for beginning lifters because it often involves a huge ego check.

However, the gains you’ll get will be worth it.

An embarassing example…when I was about 17 or 18 I used to “squat” 315 pounds. That number isn’t coincidental. I liked having those three clanging plates on my back because it made me look bad-ass. Nevermind that my range of motion was, like, 8 inches.

Finally I started realizing that I wasn’t improving at all. I stripped the weight down to 135 pounds and focused on going through the entire range of motion. When you’re a tall guy like me (6’4"), going below parallel on squats is not always an easy feat. From that point, I would progressively add weight, maintaining my perfect form. The muscle packed itself on.

Sorry, a bit long-winded here. Get your form in check, first and foremost. Once you can perform an HONEST deadlift, squat, row and bench, you can start adding weight.

I gave you a 1…

if i saw you on the street i would not assume you lifted weights… even if you came up to me and told me you lifted weights i wouldnt believe you

Well I’ll be damned, another skinny-ass loser who doesn’t know the difference between facebook and T-Nation.

[quote]HotCarl28 wrote:
i gave you a 1…

if i saw you on the street i would not assume you lifted weights… even if you came up to me and told me you lifted weights i wouldnt believe you[/quote]

lol this is so true ! my friends always say this

[quote]Eddie_would_tow wrote:
Well I’ll be damned, another skinny-ass loser who doesn’t know the difference between facebook and T-Nation.

[/quote]

agreed…

you look pretty much like your 16, so you’ve been lifting since you were 11

amazing

/sarcasm off

Have you read ANY of the acticles on this site?

read…lift…repeat

Least looking at you makes me feel better about myself.

By lifting for 5 years do you mean a few weeks spread over a 5 year period?

[quote]GhorigTheBeefy wrote:
Least looking at you makes me feel better about myself.

By lifting for 5 years do you mean a few weeks spread over a 5 year period?[/quote]

i was had no idea what i was doing but i didnt care too much cuz i did it for anxiety relieve. i had no intensity and kept doing the same thing and the only research i did was on supplements.

[quote]Stiltz wrote:
Have you read ANY of the acticles on this site?

read…lift…repeat[/quote]

i’ve done Chad Waterbury’s TBT and Lee Hayward’s 12 week training (not on this site). I usually post on BB.com so no, I havent read that much on here.

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
Absolutely man…get your form in check before embarking on a heavy compound lifting program.

This can be hard for beginning lifters because it often involves a huge ego check.

However, the gains you’ll get will be worth it.

An embarassing example…when I was about 17 or 18 I used to “squat” 315 pounds. That number isn’t coincidental. I liked having those three clanging plates on my back because it made me look bad-ass. Nevermind that my range of motion was, like, 8 inches.

Finally I started realizing that I wasn’t improving at all. I stripped the weight down to 135 pounds and focused on going through the entire range of motion. When you’re a tall guy like me (6’4"), going below parallel on squats is not always an easy feat. From that point, I would progressively add weight, maintaining my perfect form. The muscle packed itself on.

Sorry, a bit long-winded here. Get your form in check, first and foremost. Once you can perform an HONEST deadlift, squat, row and bench, you can start adding weight.[/quote]

hey man thanks for all the help. ALthough I already done this mindset of heavy lifting and heavy eating, my problems were lack of intensity, frequency, and weekly weight progression.

As far as diet goes, I believe I eat way too many carbs and undertrain too much, hence fat gain. Yes i clean bulk even though I dont look like it. Is it a good idea to stay on the Anabolic Diet? I’m really liking it and actually saw more results/ energy in the past months than the high carb, high protein diet i’ve been on for over a year.

Whoever else that gave critism and/or advice, I seriously do apperciate it. I deal with OCD and use the gym as stress relieve and would do the same things over and over like a zombie lol. Not until i posted this and saw the results of others did i realize i needed to seriously step it up or just stop working out. I hope that in 6months I can post much better pics. Thanks again!