Skinfold Test Sites?

I just bought an Accumeasure 3000 fat caliper. The instructions say to simply measure the skinfold by the ab region and check the measurement in a chart.

Isn’t it more accurate to measure more sites? (like Triceps, Biceps, Thigh, etc…)

Also, does anyone have a link to equations that are used to calculate BF% once I have all the measurements?

I don’t know if multiple site models are more accurate, but it seems like they should be.

In any case, I pinch of variety of sites of interest and monitor them even when they are not part of the model used to calculate BF%. For example, near the navel.

[quote]Tonino wrote:
I just bought an Accumeasure 3000 fat caliper. The instructions say to simply measure the skinfold by the ab region and check the measurement in a chart.

Isn’t it more accurate to measure more sites? (like Triceps, Biceps, Thigh, etc…)

Also, does anyone have a link to equations that are used to calculate BF% once I have all the measurements?[/quote]

Sure multiple points of measurement are more accurate. I found that with a pair of traditional calipers the difference between a 3-point and a 7-point measurement was about 1-1.2% bf. The 3-point gave me a higher measurement. That’s mostly because I tend to pack on the blummer around the abdomen. 3-point measurements take from peck, abdomen and thigh.

Take a vertical measure from the abdomen next to the belly button. Take a vertical measure halfway up your thigh but make sure you don’t put any weight on your thigh. Take a diagonal fold on your chest between your shoulder and nipple. Basically you take the fold for which ever way the muscle goes. Oh yeah and do it all on the same side of your body.