T Nation

Skin Itch,I Think Nutritionally Related

Long time reader of this great site but a perplexing issue related to a recent, occasional skin itch, mainly on upper body and head. It ‘comes and goes’, sometimes at 5AM for ex, sometimes mid-day. No rash or bumps. Only a few changes: recently, I bought cordyceps and rhodiola to increase endurance. And, I got 50 mgs. of DHEA to boost test. Last, I was given about 10 caps of a pro-hormone and I’ve taken just 1 of them OR 1 DHEA daily for the past couple weeks. I’m 60 y o; my testos result was “low normal”. Doc would not give exogenous test, so I’m trying to ‘self diagnose’. THX for any knowledge on this.

I think it was the pro hormone. Very light dose…but am off for 3 days and no more itching. When I get more dough, I’ll go to an ‘alternative’ Doc, in the meantime, I’ll up the tribulus and consider getting chrysin too.

Did you drink while on the pro-hormone? I hope you realize that “itchy skin” (more details would be nice) can be a sign of cholestasis.

Were you running any liver support? Have you had your liver enzymes checked? Why are you convinced you need exogenous test?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Excessive dairy consumption makes my skin itch.

BBB[/quote]

You’re derailing my efforts to get him off this ridiculous EOD “prohormone” dosing schedule.