Skin Color Changing On Cycle?

End of second week on Test E only - first cycle, and i received two comments yesterday that it looks like i got some sun. Its winter here, and i definatly did not get any sun, but they are right, looks like my face is slightly tan…

Could Test E possibly change skin color or tone?

This is interesting because I know some people that have gone darker while cycling but then regained complexion once coming off. Interested to hear what might be the cause, elevated RBC’s?

my first thought that it has somehting to do with the oily skin…oil beign brought to the face carrying some type of color for some reason…

i have no idea what it is, but I definately look like i have a slight tan

same thing happens to me. i think it has to do with the elevated red blood cell count as well

RBC for sure. I get that too

Perhaps it is do to with red blood cells, I do not know. I would, however, like to propose a hormonal aetiology.

In order to get cortisol flowing through the body, the cascade is as follows:

Hypothalamus releases Corticotropin Releasing Hormone (CRH) → Adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) from the pituitary → Pro-opiomelanocortin (POMC) → Cortisol from the adrenals

POMC has another pathway that it can follow, which is through the melanocortin pathway. This eventually leads to stimulation of melanocytes (pigment cells in the skin responsible for tanning).

Perhaps raising testosterone has somehow, indirectly inhibited the conversion of POMC to cortisol? We are all aware that testosterone inhibits cortisol directly at the cortisol receptor, but perhaps it has other mechanisms.

Of course, it would be retarded to go around quoting this as the cause of tanning whilst on cycle, I am merely speculating on something which I imagine is more likely to be correct than simply RBC’s.

-Mezzo

Like they said elevated RBCs cause you too look more tan