T Nation

Skateboarding for Conditioning

If you’re any good at it, it’s prob phenomenal conditioning-wise. (ie. no coincidence that every pro skater you’ve ever seen on TV is skinny/lean)

I bet everyone dismissing the OP’s question also thinks snowboarding is just a superchill, relaxing way to spend a day as well…

[quote]chillain wrote:
If you’re any good at it, it’s prob phenomenal conditioning-wise. (ie. no coincidence that every pro skater you’ve ever seen on TV is skinny/lean)

I bet everyone dismissing the OP’s question also thinks snowboarding is just a superchill, relaxing way to spend a day as well…

[/quote]

I would think skating is a decent cardio workout with fun added in. If you’re booking it on a skateboard, you’re gonna be breathing pretty heavily.

I would say the same with snowboarding as well. I’m an avid snowboarder and I’ll be damned if someone tells me it isn’t good for cardiovascular and strength conditioning.

I pushed on a longboard this weekend and the burn on one side of my body was fairly intense from all the pushing. I’m guessing this would be great conditioning once you dont go downhill and use gravity to do the work and once you switch from goofy to regular so that both sides of your body get worked evenly

Its not the pushing thats the main workout with skating. It’s the ollies. constantly jumping around at almost full force/capability for an hour is fuckin tiring.

if his resting heart rate is say 70, i bet what he just did, it got up to 80… maybe 90. the extra 10 beats is cause he’s worring about not falling and busting his head open… wheres you helmet dude!!

skateboarding for cardio… lol!!!