Size on legs

I’ve always been able to put up decent weight on squat and deadlift. However my lower body doesn’t gain size like my upper body. Any suggestions on lifts or reps or degrees ?

How do you train now? Are you doing high volume sets of squats and leg presses?

Just do this. It was that simple for me. Just do everything it says. John is smarter than we are at this stuff.

[quote]sirliftalotz wrote:
I’ve always been able to put up decent weight on squat and deadlift.[/quote]
What does this mean exactly? Your profile says you’re 5’11" and 225, just checking what decent weight is considered.

[quote]drewc64 wrote:
How do you train now?[/quote]
x2. What does your current week look like? Days, exercises, sets, and reps.

Kinda hard to suggest changes without knowing what’s “not” working right now.

This was a recent thread with a bunch of us discussing leg training. You might be able to pull out some useful info:

[quote]mutantcolors wrote:
Just do this. It was that simple for me. Just do everything it says. John is smarter than we are at this stuff.

http://www.T-Nation.com/training/4-simple-leg-workouts-for-growth[/quote]

A quote from your link: …There’s also a larger benefit, one not found in any Pub Med search: doing leg curls first will make your squats “feel” better. With pumped up hams, you’ll feel “sturdier” in the bottom position of the squat, and your hips will seem “greased” during each squat repetition.

Furthermore, as strange as it sounds, you’ll find that your knees need less warming up after starting with leg curls. Again no peer-reviewed data to back this up, just decades of experience and hundreds of client testimonials…

All I can say is this is absolutely great advice. I tried warming up with leg curls yesterday before my squats and, sure enough, I felt much more comfortable and managed to do more reps with more weight than ever. This Meadows fella knows his shit indeed.