Size Matters

Sounds like a lot of fun - Merry Xmas ouro!

[quote]bunny7568 wrote:
Meh… I knew she was bent all along :P…
And BB… he is certifiable :P…
But< I love 'em both… good people 'dem two…[/quote]

:wink:

Thanks for making me smile.

And Merry Christmas, though no broken glass in the potatoes for me.

O, I hope you are having a great Christmas!

Nice looking dips.

Here is one of the pictures from squatting December 24. We really did have a blast. Maybe BB will let me talk him into posting one of his.

btw, the gentleman behind me is 60 and set an unofficial WR that day. I thought that might be some good inspiration for the over 35 crowd.

The age span of the group training on the 24th was early 20s (and hungover) to 70.

Could be a new avi pic! Boy, your legs just go on for miles and miles!

Thats great squatting, it would really be nice to have people to train with every so often.

This is a super attractive picture of BB squatting. I guess we all pretty much have the same look on our faces in the hole :slight_smile:

Sunday December 26

Training lately has been really hit and miss. I wasn’t too happy with the way squatting went on Friday and not thrilled about deads today. It’s very frustrating when you know your strength is fine but your form as suddenly gone pear shaped.

135-5
225-2
275-1
305-1 straps up
335-1 " - This is my planned opener and it was slow off the floor

365-0,0 I’ve gotten this several times already but I just couldn’t get it off the floor. BB said my set up was off and I was using my back, not sitting back and my shoulders were way over the bar.

315-1,1 still not great

315-1,1 I switched from my pink custom to my old black centurian. This is a regular stance suit vs. the custom that’s wide stance and the legs are longer. Because the legs are a cut differently and go longer, I sit back into the suit more and push out with my feet.

335-1 came up a lot faster than the first time

365-1 (ish) came up fast but didn’t really lock it out. By this time I was bagged. Good enough. I’m wearing the old suit for the meet.

Snatch grip deads
155-10
185-10
205-10

CG off boards (3)
45-6
95-6
115-3
135-2,1
125-5,5

Weighted sit ups with 10lbs behind head
2x20

You’re still a month out aren’t you? Is this your last heavy pulling night prior?

Sadly, you’ve not had good luck with the pink suit. Isn’t it a squat suit? Do you squat and DL in the same gear? You did send it back for re-tailoring, correct?

My coach has been encouraging me to get a custom squat suit. I feel like I need to get lots better before I expend the money. Just not sure what to do.

BB looks great, as far as in-the-hole shots go. [Please, no nasty jokes here.] I know you clench when you squat. And I usually have my mouth wide open. Neither real attractive.

[quote]soldog wrote:
You’re still a month out aren’t you? Is this your last heavy pulling night prior?[/quote]

That’s right. From now on, I’ll be pulling under 300 and really focusing on form. I only have two deadlift days left. I generally don’t pull from 2 weeks out.

Last heavy squat is this Friday.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

[quote]soldog wrote:
You’re still a month out aren’t you? Is this your last heavy pulling night prior?[/quote]

That’s right. From now on, I’ll be pulling under 300 and really focusing on form. I only have two deadlift days left. I generally don’t pull from 2 weeks out.

Last heavy squat is this Friday.[/quote]

Interesting - Do you feel that keeping your last month under about 90% helps? I get psyched out by staying light too long, guess I don’t trust my body to hold the strength or even grow during that down time.

[quote]soldog wrote:

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

[quote]soldog wrote:

Last heavy squat is this Friday.[/quote]

Interesting - Do you feel that keeping your last month under about 90% helps? I get psyched out by staying light too long, guess I don’t trust my body to hold the strength or even grow during that down time.[/quote]

Four weeks out I’m not getting any stronger. The key is to maintain my strength now. This is the template I’ve followed for the last year and it’s worked pretty well. Everyone works on what works well for them. I used to kill myself before a meet and it didn’t work all that great for me.

That doesn’t mean I won’t train but the loads will be lighter in comparison and the volume will be less. Truthfully, it’s a bit boring at this point because I’m not pushing it hard in terms of intensity or going for any type of PR. I’m just following the plan and getting my head straight.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
Sadly, you’ve not had good luck with the pink suit. Isn’t it a squat suit? Do you squat and DL in the same gear? You did send it back for re-tailoring, correct?

My coach has been encouraging me to get a custom squat suit. I feel like I need to get lots better before I expend the money. Just not sure what to do.

BB looks great, as far as in-the-hole shots go. [Please, no nasty jokes here.] I know you clench when you squat. And I usually have my mouth wide open. Neither real attractive.[/quote]

I’ve been going through phases with the pink suit but haven’t competed in it yet. I’m not so sure that’s all that uncommon. BB has a metal vidking deadlifter that he’s still trying to break in.

I ordered a new size 32 regular stance super centurian. It’s the same as the one I already have that’s a couple of years old. So far that one’s worked the best for me.

I don’t know what I’m going to do with the pink one.

Thats some big ass squatting BB is doing.

I am finding your meet prep very interesting.

Nice…

I think with the amount of work you have been putting in… once you do your deload and get some food into you you are gonna blow the roof off of your pr’s…

And that pic of BB… with who I think is big Mat behind him… is arousing, yet disturbing at the same time… lol!

You are gonna do great kiddo… believe that :slight_smile:

[quote]bunny7568 wrote:
Nice…

I think with the amount of work you have been putting in… once you do your deload and get some food into you you are gonna blow the roof off of your pr’s…

And that pic of BB… with who I think is big Mat behind him… is arousing, yet disturbing at the same time… lol!

You are gonna do great kiddo… believe that :)[/quote]

Thanks. I think you’re right about the pre meet deload.

That’s actually Stevie behind him. He was hitting 5 plates plus bands and chains.

O_s - how do you eat with respect to your training? Do you up cals during the pre-meet weeks?

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
O_s - how do you eat with respect to your training? Do you up cals during the pre-meet weeks?[/quote]

In the past I’ve had to cut a couple of lbs to make weight so I didn’t change my calories but I did hyperhydrate. I’ve often ended up losing too much water.

For this meet, because the weight classes have changed, I won’t do anything. I’ll be sitting in the middle of the weight class but I don’t want to gain this close to a meet because my gear will be too tight and it will affect things like my depth on squat. I’m at a bit of a disadvantage.

Tuesday December 28

Bench
45-10
65-5
100-3x3
110-2x2
120-2
110-2x8 I changed my foot position to bring them in closer. It seems to help with leg drive. They all came up pretty quickly. I apologise for the camel toe. I put the camera where I thought I’d get a good view of how close my feet are. The groan at the end is my back in case anyone forgets how much back is used on bench.

Box squats - light
135-3
155-3
175-3
185-3
195-2

Good mornings
155-5x5

DB bench neutral grip
25-5x20