Six Weeks Out

I just wanted to put down some thoughts about my training schedule and how I would change it if/when I try a 3x per week schedule again.

1. I found out that 4 weeks is the MOST I can continue a schedule like this at a time. I think two 3 week pushes with a 1 week back off in between would do me better next time.

2. I would lay off of the number of days I do ME work. I would rather go day 1 ME(lockout work), day 2 Speed work and day 3 repetition work.

Day 1 is obvious. I don’t think I would do a whole lot or supplemental exercises either. Maybe some pushdowns and plate raises or something similar.

Day2 would be speed bench. I think that bands would be a good thing here as I feel that they are needed to help stop me from “double pumping” in the future. again, few assitance exercises. Something like day one, but with different exercises.

Day 3 would be a repetition day for gaining mass and low end work. So DB presses, shoulder presses and high rep tricep work are all good choices. 2-3 exercises hit hard would work well. Make sure that I have AT LEAST 72 hours between day 3 and day one.

I was in good company at the meet and had a good time.