Six New Records in Two Days

Update: Record Week is over! I broke some records on 2 or 3 consecutive sets, here’s how everything stood when the dust settled.

Here’s the final tally:
BB Flat Bench: 2851
BB Rows: 300
BB Standing Press: 1751
BB Squats: 345
BB Romanian DLs: 4351
Seated Calves: 225
1 (lol)
DB Incline Bench: 1102
Pullups: 90
DB Seated Press: 851
BB Deadlifts: 450
BB Front Squats: 275*1

original post
So my bulk is finishing up (peaked at about 207…213 with a full belly :slight_smile: ). As I begin my cut I decided this week to try and break as many records as possible. Seeing as I’ve been setting new records (for multiple reps) each week, I’m going to try and find as many 1 rep maxes as possible.

Today I was my bench/BB row/Standing Press day. I’ve been an awful bencher most of my life, so was my dad. We have the same insertion points, etc. We’re just not built for benching. SO I was uber-excited last week when I was doing 260 for 5 reps (my 1 rep record is 265). I kept my discipline and didn’t shoot for records at the expense of muscle building, knowing at the end I’d shoot for something. Today I went like this:

2452 2651 2751 2851 300*X BARELY missed 300. I was SO happy. I’m not going to continue the bulk, I’ll cut, try to retain as much strength as possible, and at the start of my next bulk I’ll be starting much stronger than I was this cycle.

BB Rows are an exercise that I’ve had coming on for the last few months. Took me nearly 5 years to get the hang of them, but I was finally repping around 260 on them.

Today I went: 2451 2651 (tied PR) 2851 (new pr) 3001 (New pr)

Finally I finished with BB standing presses. I never really did these before, usually i went with DBs in the past, so my record wasn’t that high here. I went:

1551 1751 (new PR).

And that’s 3 records in one day!

What are you going to do for your cut? I wouldn’t drop too many calories too fast. Maybe just clean up your diet a bit and limit carbs to breakfast and peri WO for a while and see what that does for you.

[quote]AccipiterQ wrote:

BB Rows are an exercise that I’ve had coming on for the last few months. Took me nearly 5 years to get the hang of them, but I was finally repping around 260 on them.

[quote]

good work, however 1 rep max on bb row? I’m hoping you didn’t hump the weight up…I couldn’t imagine my form if I went for my true 1 rep max…do you have any before/after pictures of your bulk that you’d care too share?

The day I hit a 300 lb bench was a very good day for me although I grew hungry for 305 hours after I hit it.

Congrats on the PR’s.

Congrats. But I think you should keep gaining weight and strength. Why try to lean up, summer’s almost over.

[quote]AccipiterQ wrote:
So my bulk is finishing up (peaked at about 207…213 with a full belly ). As I begin my cut I decided this week to try and break as many records as possible. Seeing as I’ve been setting new records (for multiple reps) each week, I’m going to try and find as many 1 rep maxes as possible.

Today I was my bench/BB row/Standing Press day. I’ve been an awful bencher most of my life, so was my dad. We have the same insertion points, etc. We’re just not built for benching. SO I was uber-excited last week when I was doing 260 for 5 reps (my 1 rep record is 265). I kept my discipline and didn’t shoot for records at the expense of muscle building, knowing at the end I’d shoot for something. Today I went like this:

2452 2651 2751 2851 300*X BARELY missed 300. I was SO happy. I’m not going to continue the bulk, I’ll cut, try to retain as much strength as possible, and at the start of my next bulk I’ll be starting much stronger than I was this cycle.

Finally I finished with BB standing presses. I never really did these before, usually i went with DBs in the past, so my record wasn’t that high here. I went:

1551 1751 (new PR).

[/quote/

What kind of routine were you doing?

Hi!

Thanks for the replies. As for ending the bulk, I’m not changing my diet up too much. Eliminating maybe 400 calories per day, almost entirely carbohydrates. I’m not sure if I’m actually going to even lose strength. I’ll try it for a few weeks, and if I start leaning out, and my strength holds then I’d be happy.

As for my form on the BB Rows; that’s my 1 rep max with good form. I could probably pull 320 but my form would be shit. I have a thread in rate my physique right now. Most of the weight I gained went to my legs (4" per upper leg, 5" on hips if I recall correctly).

[quote]Serd wrote:
AccipiterQ wrote:
So my bulk is finishing up (peaked at about 207…213 with a full belly ). As I begin my cut I decided this week to try and break as many records as possible. Seeing as I’ve been setting new records (for multiple reps) each week, I’m going to try and find as many 1 rep maxes as possible.

1551 1751 (new PR).

[/quote]

What kind of routine were you doing?[/quote]

upper/lower heavy/light

Sunday (heavy): Bench, Row, Press
Monday (Light): Squat, Romanians, Calves
Wednesday(light): Incline DB, Pullups, DB Seated Press
Friday(heavy): Deadlift, Front Squat, Calves.

UPDATE:

Today I broke my record for squatting (345) my record for Romanian Deadlifts (435) which is actually now my record for any form of deadlift. That should stand for about 4 days, I’m going to do standard deadlifting friday and will try for around 450, and I also broke my seated calf press record (lol) 225*1.

Why not keep bulking?

[quote]DOHCrazy wrote:
Why not keep bulking? [/quote]

Or just maintain your weight for a couple of months. Not go straight to losing weight.

[quote]willsee wrote:
DOHCrazy wrote:
Why not keep bulking?

Or just maintain your weight for a couple of months. Not go straight to losing weight.[/quote]

Well I really have been at 207 for about 3 weeks now. It’s stabilized. I barely fit in any of my pants, and I don’t want to buy new ones again. I’m broke, and I just bought some new clothes that fit during bulking, and I’m already outgrowing them. Plus I just don’t feel as good with this extra fat on me.

how long you were bulking? And are U really,really,really sure about cutting? Fuck clothes I think that you should stay were you are, or even go up with calories or just work more, with new records…

And do you think that -400 calories is a real cut? it’s just a cleaning, not cutting.

[quote]Simonidas wrote:
how long you were bulking? And are U really,really,really sure about cutting? Fuck clothes I think that you should stay were you are, or even go up with calories or just work more, with new records…

And do you think that -400 calories is a real cut? it’s just a cleaning, not cutting.

[/quote]

I agree, i checked out your 4 month bulk thread. Just keep going. Work with the heavier weights for 6 more months. From the looks of your bulk pics, even if you doubled the amount of fat gained so far you should be able to easily strip it off in 12 solid cutting weeks without losing strength. Suck it up and buy more clothes. Everyone needs 2 or 3 sets of bulking/cutting/cut clothes. Just make sure you buy the new pants a little big. :smiley:

[quote]beaul wrote:
Simonidas wrote:

I agree, i checked out your 4 month bulk thread. Just keep going. Work with the heavier weights for 6 more months. From the looks of your bulk pics, even if you doubled the amount of fat gained so far you should be able to easily strip it off in 12 solid cutting weeks without losing strength. Suck it up and buy more clothes. Everyone needs 2 or 3 sets of bulking/cutting/cut clothes. Just make sure you buy the new pants a little big. :smiley:

[/quote]
4 month? take clothes from your father and keep going!

Update: Record Week is over! I broke some records on 2 or 3 consecutive sets, here’s how everything stood when the dust settled.

Here’s the final tally:
BB Flat Bench: 2851
BB Rows: 300
BB Standing Press: 1751
BB Squats: 345
BB Romanian DLs: 4351
Seated Calves: 225
1 (lol)
DB Incline Bench: 1102
Pullups: 90
DB Seated Press: 851
BB Deadlifts: 450
BB Front Squats: 275*1

original post
So my bulk is finishing up (peaked at about 207…213 with a full belly :slight_smile: ). As I begin my cut I decided this week to try and break as many records as possible. Seeing as I’ve been setting new records (for multiple reps) each week, I’m going to try and find as many 1 rep maxes as possible.

1551 1751 (new PR).

[quote]Simonidas wrote:
beaul wrote:
Simonidas wrote:

[/quote]

Yeah, F it. Winter is coming anyway. Guess I’ll keep going

[quote]AccipiterQ wrote:
Simonidas wrote:
beaul wrote:
Simonidas wrote:

Yeah, F it. Winter is coming anyway. Guess I’ll keep going [/quote]

From the sound of it you’re doing damn good, if it isn’t broke don’t fix it! To actually sit down and say I’m going to cut, is a bit to much right now for you I think. How about like others said maintain for a bit, then when you feel a bit more comfortable with the body fat. Jump back on the bulk train:D…

[quote]Simonidas wrote:

[/quote]

quick question: What would you consider a real cut then? I’ve never really done one before. I figured cutting about 500 calories/day and adding a day or two per week of cardio was a decent cut…