Six Month Progress From Scratch

I'm 17 and been working out for 6 month now, I'm 6ft 2" and weigh 11-11.4stone, I haven't made much progress... but for 2hours monday-thursday in 6month I think i've done pretty well, iv'e only just started on my legs about 2 week ago, also i dont go to the gym, all done in my bedroom, i'm really conscious of my skinny body so thats why i don't go to the gym :(.

some pics of me

Why won’t you go to the gym? The big guys won’t laugh at you. They started the same spot you started in. My experience (and I am still a newbie) is that most of the guys is rather nice, and may give some tips or tricks when deadlifting and squatting.

The big guys mission is to get bigger, and if you have that mission to (and not just getting a sixpack for summer) they will probably be really nice to help you out, if you ask. I have even made some buddies in the gym. No reason to be ashamed. :slight_smile:

I’m new to all this bodybuilding stuff, i own a york 1001 Home Gym, and a 50kg York Chrome Barbell and Dumbbell Set, and a pull up bar :), i work out every mon,tue,wed and thurs for 2 hours for the past 5-6 month, i will be honest…

i don’t know my stuff, the only suppliments I am taking is BSN Nitrix and that has been for the past 7 week, and MMUSA Xtra Advantage Creatine Serum for 1 week, when I am earning enough money, i am going to start taking maximuscle promax extreme.

any comments or advice on anything?

[quote]Misterhamper wrote:
Why won’t you go to the gym? The big guys won’t laugh at you. They started the same spot you started in. My experience (and I am still a newbie) is that most of the guys is rather nice, and may give some tips or tricks when deadlifting and squatting.

The big guys mission is to get bigger, and if you have that mission to (and not just getting a sixpack for summer) they will probably be really nice to help you out, if you ask. I have even made some buddies in the gym. No reason to be ashamed. :)[/quote]

thanks for the advice mate, now you have said that… i think it’s give me that extra bit of confidence about going to the gym, i was bothered about being small compared to everyone else, but you made me realise that they were small once, are you taking any suppliments, if so… what are you taking?

Then I think the first step for you is to order some more iron. You should (if not already, then pretty darn soon) be able to squat and deadlift and row and bench way over 50 kg. If you order another 100 kg, then you are ready to go for another six-twelve months.

Next step is to head over to the Articles and Beginners-forum and read alot, so you get some basic stuff on how to do the things.
Third step is good luck. :slight_smile:

a few pics of me

You’re too self conscious to go to the gym . . . but putting shirtless pics all over the internet seems to be no problem.

Just want to add, that you should be eating all the time. At 17, 2 hours a day with 4 days a week, means you should be growing like a weed, provided you’re lifting heavy enough.

Get into that kitchen and start eating more - you have no idea how much muscle you can add at this age.

So where are the after pictures?

[quote]Brant_Drake wrote:
You’re too self conscious to go to the gym . . . but putting shirtless pics all over the internet seems to be no problem.[/quote]

You lot in here wont actually be seing me im person so i dont mind but… if you didn’t read anything then… someone has already said to me "The big guys won’t laugh at you.

They started the same spot you started in." made me realise that i should go, and i said i’m goin to, and i wouldn’t say there “allover the net” i’d say just on here, and thats why i sighned up, for advice and comments and progress in future.

[quote]rsg wrote:
Just want to add, that you should be eating all the time. At 17, 2 hours a day with 4 days a week, means you should be growing like a weed, provided you’re lifting heavy enough.

Get into that kitchen and start eating more - you have no idea how much muscle you can add at this age.[/quote]

thankyou for advice, but honest… all of my life consists of is eating (over exaggerating) but… I am always eating, my parents are amazed at how skinny I am but I think I’m a case of bad genetics, all my family is really slim, especially my mum and dad.

Should i get off the BSN Nitrix and MMUSA Xtra Advantage Creatine Serum and get on some maximuscle promax?

[quote]John S. wrote:
So where are the after pictures?[/quote]

Haha, I have no muscle do I? they’re not the before, they’re the afters, I didn’t get round to putting the befores on.

:frowning:

[quote]the_DTP wrote:
rsg wrote:

Get into that kitchen and start eating more - you have no idea how much muscle you can add at this age.

thankyou for advice, but honest… all of my life consists of is eating (over exaggerating) but… I am always eating, my parents are amazed at how skinny I am but I think I’m a case of bad genetics, all my family is really slim, especially my mum and dad.

Should i get off the BSN Nitrix and MMUSA Xtra Advantage Creatine Serum and get on some maximuscle promax?

[/quote]

Forget supplements they WILL NOT do shit for you if you are not adding muscle naturally.

Post your diet, I’ll bet you everything I have you are not eating enough.

[quote]rsg wrote:
the_DTP wrote:
rsg wrote:

Forget supplements they WILL NOT do shit for you if you are not adding muscle naturally.

Post your diet, I’ll bet you everything I have you are not eating enough.[/quote]

i dont really have a diet, but i just eat loads, e.g when we have tea, i have 2 lots, i have at least 2 chicken breasts 3 times a week, bologneise alot, pasta alot, pies HAHA, but you know what, now you actually made me think about it im shocked…

I dont eat alot, i hate fish but i know i need protein, i’ll just get it it other foods, honestly… i dont know my stuff on bodybuilding, that is the main reason i signed up on T-Nation

i am going to post all my measurements on here soon and i’m also going to look for a 6 month old pic of me before i started.
i’ll be back tomorrow.

are those boxing gloves he’s wearing ?

the only thing I can recommend is this

SQUATS AND MILK!!!