Sites For Equipment?

What are some good sites for affordable equipment?

Are there any besides New York Barbells?

I want to buy a power rack for my basement. Any suggestions??

Go to Elite Fitness and order one of their power racks.

http://www.elitefts.com/

Yeah I know it may be a tad high, but do you really want a power rack “on the cheap”?? I would rather pay a little extra $$$ for a quality rack that will will stand up, especially if I have to drop a 500 lbs squat.

http://www.elitefts.com/

Elite Fitness. They have great stuff and great support. Dave Tate contributes here.
Check them out.

Take some advice I really appreciated getting.

Buy nice, not twice.

The guys at Elite will take good care of you.

[quote]Atreides wrote:
Take some advice I really appreciated getting.

Buy nice, not twice.

The guys at Elite will take good care of you. [/quote]

Great advice!

I have purchased a good amount of equipment from Dave Tate at Elite and I have never been disapointed!

Do NOT buy from NY Barbell. Buy from elite. I bought a bench from NY Barbell and regretted it. Ended up replacing it and selling it at garage sale. Elite may be more expensive, but quality will last.

Elite. Ironmind…some of their stuff is expensive, but I swear it’s bombproof. I got 90% of my stuff from those two companies. The other 10 came from a local warehouse.

brute strength

www.Craigslist.com depending on your city you can find some great deals.

I found a powerrack, olympic bench and two complete weight sets (2 bars and over 500lbs of weight) for $385.

Cheers.

Any of you guys ever purchase any equipment from “Atlantis?” They are a quality Canadian company. I bought a Glute Ham Machine from them and it’s solid as a rock!

Check out this site. If I lived in the USA I would buy the PowerRack.

The PowerTec rack has what appears to be 2" hole spacing.
Elite Fitness racks have 1" hole spacing in the bench range which allows better adjustments.
Elitefts rules!!!

www.newyorkbarbells.com/

Best equipment site you’ll find. I’m in the industry, so trust me heh heh. Seriousley browse to your liking they have pretty much everthing.

Elite is by far the best company that I have ever dealt with.

I have purchased a GHR, sled, and a ton of smaller items through them…great experience.

With that said, I have also recently purchased a Bodycraft Power Rack, but the jury is still out as I have only had it for a week or so.

My second choice (an Elite rack was number one) was the Powertec Power Rack previously mentioned, but the son of a bitch was backordered for…well I don’t know how long…I just know that I would still be waiting.

Tucker

Take a look at www.promaximafitness.com. The prices seem fairly reasonable and I have used the stuff in high school weight rooms. It seems to be fairly sturdy.

[quote]Gregus wrote:
www.newyorkbarbells.com/

Best equipment site you’ll find. I’m in the industry, so trust me heh heh. Seriousley browse to your liking they have pretty much everthing.[/quote]

Man, I wouldn’t take anything from New York even if they had a give away and paid the shipping.

Every single person who bought from NY that I have ever spoken to says one thing. New York equipment is second rate.

ironmind is a great place to get quality equipement!

I have a friend who got a few NYBarbell racks and benches for his high school’s weight room (he’s a coach). They broke two J-hooks within a couple of months. Just not worth it, IMO.

Try to find something sturdy and used or go the elitefts or Crepinsek route.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Any of you guys ever purchase any equipment from “Atlantis?” They are a quality Canadian company. I bought a Glute Ham Machine from them and it’s solid as a rock![/quote]

Atlantis make great machines and equipment in general. Charles Poliquin uses them exclusively. They even sell the “Poliquin power rack” which is a power rack built according to Coach P’s specs.

That having been said I buy most of my equipment from elitefts.com

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1115680624640.home_gyms-bkg-sl-2.jpg

I realize that this doesn’t actually say anything about the quality of their eqipment, but given the anti-frat curl tendencies on this site, I found this photo rather amusing (it’s the pic on the main page for PowerTec’s ‘Strength Line’ of equipment)