T Nation

Site Specific Growth?

Hey guys, something weird I just wanted to run by those with abit more experience than me in this regard.

I recently picked up a client, 23 year old male. We did the initial assessment, and it comes up that he did some GH therapy when he was about 11-13 to help him grow, as he was a bit undersized.

Anyway, today I saw him in shorts for the first time. The kid has some of the most insanely developed VMOs I have ever seen. Not only relative to his size in general, but specifically to his other quad muscles, or his other muscles in general. Its really insane.

Turns out his doctor used to inject in his VMO. So my question isn’t whether there is a connection; that there is seems clear.

I’m just curious how common something like this is. Is it just GH? Is it only if you inject during developmental years?

If site injections lead to site specific growth, why doesn’t every bodybuilder have one huge glute?

If it works even partially, are you all using this to your advantage?

Clearly I dont have any experience with this as a whole, but I thought maybe it would merit some discussion.

Anyway, thoughts?

Well I know AAS wont cause site specific growth. And even if they did bodybuilders wouldn’t have one oversized glute because of injection site rotation.

I don’t know enough about GH to comment on that, but I do know that AAS will not cause site growth, except for “growth” that may be confused with inflamation due to the injection.

It is probably key that the GH was administered during your client’s formative years. Much the same way as GH can increase growth only for those who haven’t finished growing. Interesting observation.

BBB might have more to add…

site specific injections of gear may cause some additional size in the muscle but it is because of stretching the facia not because the compounds get “first crack” and that muscle so to speak…Morepain wrote a pretty good post a while ago on using site injections in his arms (with tren I think as a subsitute for synthol use).

This would make no sense at all for hGH however because the injection volume is very small. Perhaps you would get more localized IGF activity but I am not sure about that…my knowledge of hGH and IGF is pretty limited.

I mostly agree with FG, fascia stretching can make a very big difference. In those trying to get from 19" to 20" arms for instance, the tightness of the fascia will be a fairly major limiting factor.

The reason this wouldn’t work to produce massive glutes is because the injection volume relative to the size of the muscle - this would be nowhere near enough to stretch the fascia.

The above is regarding AAS/oils - as for GH, the jury is still out on that one it seems. My guess is that it’d need to be IM vs SubQ, and there would be some local effect. Still, if you’ve seen it with your own eyes and are sure of the facts then… I guess that answers the question.

Personally I’d love to do a long GH cycle. If I were going to shoot IM I’d stick to a single muscle group and report back. However, IV seems preferable overall so I’d rather go with that when the time comes.

I’m with FG and Dave. I’ve noticed gains in areas like Bi’s and Delts after focusing injections to those sites.

As personal opinion I think it is the vegetable oil itself that has the effect. So to speak, as a natural, and natural-looking, Synthol.

On the insanely-developed VMO’s of one individual: There is no way to know that this is not genetics.

Certainly bodybuilders do not get insane results this way. The apparent effect is modest.

I also, in my personal case, found it slowly reversible.

Recently did some research on this for a presentation not to long ago (actually on a subject the correlated to this), and there was one study in particular on humans back in the early 90’s.

They used GH and insulin in extra hepatic tissue which promoted local secretion of IGF-1 & an increase in it’s receptors. And as a result it had a local amplification of hormone action through the IGF-1 in paracrin/autocrin mode.

Thank you guys for the information and insight. Obviously we can’t know for sure, but I definitely am interested in this. I am wondering if his VMO will respond better to the training effect in general.

On a completely different note, I just want to say that the knowledge base on the steroid board is staggering. I think I’ll spend some more time over here with you guys. thanks again.

[quote]retailboy wrote:
Recently did some research on this for a presentation not to long ago (actually on a subject the correlated to this), and there was one study in particular on humans back in the early 90’s.

They used GH and insulin in extra hepatic tissue which promoted local secretion of IGF-1 & an increase in it’s receptors. And as a result it had a local amplification of hormone action through the IGF-1 in paracrin/autocrin mode.[/quote]

This is true.

Anabolic steroid esters differ though in being in an inactive form (there is no activity while the ester is still attached) and generally are distributed throughout the body before being de-esterified and only then becoming active.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.