Sissy Squat Alternative?

So my squats suck, my quads suck, and I tend to be a posterior chain dominant squatter.
I saw somewhere here, I think Thibs recommended, a standard deadlift concentric, RDL eccentric.
How do y’all feel about as an assistance exercise, on the hack squat machine, doing a controlled sissy squat eccentric, normal hack concentric? I just am looking for something to torture my quads.

I have to admit, i’m struggling to picture what this looks like in my head.
This:
Plus this:

?

Then at the bottom, sink the hips back to more of a standard hack squat.
This to allow more weight on the concentric

2 Likes

Shit, that looks like a good way to get folded in half the wrong way :sweat_smile:

I like a few things for quads, each with its’ own benefits… Quad Ext (this is a must for hypertrophy), Bulgarian Split Squat, hack squats with exaggerated negatives. I’m sure the exercise you are talking about is an excellent quad burner, but i’ll admit it isn’t high on my list of exercises I want to try.

I’ve done it, it works but will f*ck you up

EDIT: when I say f*ck you up I mean it will make you hella sore. My knees were fine.

1 Like

Agreed. I am walking like I was at the prison prom today. Did only 3 work sets of 3 with a 5 second eccentric

2 Likes

:joy:
I’m stealing this for future use

Look up John Meadows crazy drag sled superset. Basically you’re supersetting a sled drag, with a heavy resistance band attached around your hips, with a leg press.

Doing the sled exercise alone will set your quads on fire but supersetting them with the leg press will bury them.

Make sure to install a bathroom support rail in your house beforehand because you’re going to need it for the next few days after this workout.