T Nation

Singlet Sources?

Hey all, I am planning on competing in my first power lifting meet in august and need a singlet. Where is a good/cheap place to get these at? Thanks.

Inzer
House of Pain

Even non lifting companies like Champion and Nike make singlets. And you shouldn’t be paying more then 30 to 40 bucks for a singlet btw…

[quote]smorr wrote:
Hey all, I am planning on competing in my first power lifting meet in august and need a singlet. Where is a good/cheap place to get these at? Thanks.[/quote]

HS wrestling is out of season right now so I would just google something like ‘wrestling single sale’ and see what you come up with. Typically you can find somebody with them on sale.

[quote]apwsearch wrote:
smorr wrote:
Hey all, I am planning on competing in my first power lifting meet in august and need a singlet. Where is a good/cheap place to get these at? Thanks.

HS wrestling is out of season right now so I would just google something like ‘wrestling single sale’ and see what you come up with. Typically you can find somebody with them on sale.[/quote]

A wrestling singlet works? I hadn’t thought of that. Thanks man.

Wrestling singlets work very well and they give you the added bonus of choosing different colors if you want something different from black or navy blue.

They do sometimes have longer legs, some PL organizations say the legs can’t be longer than 15cm but they usually don’t care for non-supportive gear. Also the low cut singlets that some wrestlers wear give basically no support so you might want to go with a high cut one, that is more personal preference.

I noticed you are in VA, so am I. What meet are you doing in August?

[quote]Tim Henriques wrote:
Wrestling singlets work very well and they give you the added bonus of choosing different colors if you want something different from black or navy blue.

They do sometimes have longer legs, some PL organizations say the legs can’t be longer than 15cm but they usually don’t care for non-supportive gear. Also the low cut singlets that some wrestlers wear give basically no support so you might want to go with a high cut one, that is more personal preference.

I noticed you are in VA, so am I. What meet are you doing in August?[/quote]

I am trying to get in the USAPL meet in North Carolina at Bunn Highschool. I was planning on waiting till the one in colpepper (sp?) this fall but my buddy just informed me that he was doing this one and I was going as well :slight_smile: I found a singlet from inzer for about 28 so I just went ahead and got that one. Thanks all.

wrestlingmart.com has a lot of singlets. It’s where most of my oly team got theirs. The customer support was good in my exp.
There’s also a surprising supply on Amazon.com