Singles Club Workout

Hi all.
I am currently doing Chad Waterbury’s Singles Club workout. I am curious to know if anyone else has done this protocol and what your results were. So far, after one week, I like this training program, as it is radically different from the way I’ve trained before…the change up being a good thing.
Thanks for the replies.
Much appreciated.

Sorry that I don’t have any feedback on the routine, but I am going to start doing the Singles Club within the next two weeks.

I will report my results after I finish.

I am starting it today!

I did something similar that Charles Staley Recommended (ie 1 rep of 3rm once a min for 15 mins), and my strength for that lift incresed by about 40% in a month. My endurance was way down like for sets of greater than 5 reps. But I was putting up weight I didnt think was possible.

Today was day 2 of my first week into this i.e. Endurance/Hypertrophy Strength (upper body) session.
I was wondering whether this session was supposed to be less intense as I felt I could probably do atleast a couple or more reps even for the last set( particularly for the bench press)? Probably I chose a weight that was a little too light.
Also, increasing the load by 2.5% is going to be difficult with the weights I have my gym so would this logic work?
week 1 20lbs183 = 1080
week 2 20lbs193 = 1140 and which would come to about 5% increase on load?
If its too stupid, which probably is the case let me know :slight_smile:

I completed singles club about 2 weeks ago. I’ve never weighed more in my life than in the middle of it (week 2).

I burned out though.

My squats started dropping, my deadlifts started to deteriorate. My upper body strength stopped improving. I overtrained, I saw it coming. It’s not because of Single’s Club (which actually was pretty friggin cool). It was because I am also playing in a softball league with weekly doubleheaders, I play a hockey game per week, and I am… IN A DODGEBALL league (kickass!). Add in the stress of school, staying up till wee hours of the night doing homework, getting up early, and you can see how everything could and should go to hell.

CW’s programs are awesome though, and I’ve made progress using all of them (QD, ABBH1, Single’s club) in the last few months. When I return from my trip next weekend, it’s time to start ABBH2. I’m pysched about it.

Oh yeah, eat like a horse, and ENJOY GROWING!

dpillai:

Thanks for adding to the post, can you explain what you meant by the following…

"Also, increasing the load by 2.5% is going to be difficult with the weights I have my gym so would this logic work?
week 1 20lbs183 = 1080
week 2 20lbs193 = 1140 and which would come to about 5% increase on load?

I’ll try and help out if I can. Thanks.

Lorne

Oh…I was just trying address this quote from the article
“Increase the load of Days 3 and 4 by 2.5% each week for all sets.”

could you post what the routine is? just curious

Just search for “Single’s Club”. You should find it in the 2004 archive.