Single Set Training

Hi Coach!

What would you say about workout composed of about 10 exercises (including big lifts), doing with high frequency, where after warm-up
there is one set of each exercise. How about reps range?

The reason I ask is I want to shorten the training and make it more universal because of lifestyle (skiping workouts sometimes, diet not always perfect, I don’t want to build some muscles bigger than the other).

[quote]tonaryzu wrote:
Hi Coach!

What would you say about workout composed of about 10 exercises (including big lifts), doing with high frequency, where after warm-up
there is one set of each exercise. How about reps range?

The reason I ask is I want to shorten the training and make it more universal because of lifestyle (skiping workouts sometimes, diet not always perfect, I don’t want to build some muscles bigger than the other). [/quote]

I’ll be honest, it is 180 degrees from what I believe in. I believe in doing VERY few exercises (1-3 per session) and lots of sets per exercise. Really, on big movements your best performance doesn’t happen before the 3rd or 4th set. And doing only 1 set doesn’t allow you to become very efficient in the lift and it is REALLY hard to focus on each movement. I really do not like that approach.