Single Ply Lifting Programs

Hi all,
Does anyone have any single ply lifting programs I can run? any help would be great!

A lot of the stuff Dave Tate sets out would probably do. Or you could run Westside.

I mean, does it really matter? The above aren’t specifically for single ply litters I guess, but I doubt whether the principles of programming are going to be that different single vs multiply or even single ply vs raw. The dynamic of the lifts is different, sûre, but the basic principles of training tend to be pretty constant.

The Elite FTS site might be a good resource too.

Ryan Stinn competes both unequipped and single ply and has designed programs for both.

The current strongest SHW lifter in single ply doesn’t do anything different than a raw guy would do other than the difference in execution of the lifts.

He trains raw a lot but you gotta learn the gear as well.

He does not use boards, bands or chains. He trains moderate 5’s most of the time. Once in a while will throw in a max rep final set w/ a very heavy weight (last time I believe it was 765 for 7 off 4" blocks). He also does near max singles (last one was 1010 walk out squat) but NEVER maxes on weight for a single in the gym. He does NOT do any extensive assistance work. Very very little assistance work.

He was taught by old school. The mantra was “Until you are manhandling a weight, do not go up.” He has never suffered an injury to my knowledge that kept him from lifting.

His last meet he went 1003/755/744 for 2502 in March. He will probably smoke that if everything goes right this December.

All I can say is - not everyone in gear is doing Westside.

[quote]osu122975 wrote:
The current strongest SHW lifter in single ply doesn’t do anything different than a raw guy would do other than the difference in execution of the lifts.

He trains raw a lot but you gotta learn the gear as well.

He does not use boards, bands or chains. He trains moderate 5’s most of the time. Once in a while will throw in a max rep final set w/ a very heavy weight (last time I believe it was 765 for 7 off 4" blocks). He also does near max singles (last one was 1010 walk out squat) but NEVER maxes on weight for a single in the gym. He does NOT do any extensive assistance work. Very very little assistance work.

He was taught by old school. The mantra was “Until you are manhandling a weight, do not go up.” He has never suffered an injury to my knowledge that kept him from lifting.

His last meet he went 1003/755/744 for 2502 in March. He will probably smoke that if everything goes right this December.

All I can say is - not everyone in gear is doing Westside.

[/quote]
Who is that, Carl Yngvar Christensen?

Just about any program can be adapted for equipped lifting. Sheiko has guidelines on how to use the sample programs for equipped lifters, and otherwise you could just do some top end work (bands/chains, partial reps, knees wraps, slingshot, etc.) for your squat and bench using whatever program you want. It all depends on your weak points, which are more likely to be higher up in gear.

The RTS manual, outdated as it is, was written for equipped lifters and the standard RTS template can easily be set up for equipped lifting. You could also check out the Norwegian programs that you can find online, they have percentages for everything based on equipped maxes. Just keep in mind that they aren’t their current high frequency program, you can’t get those outside of Norway. And no, I don’t live in Norway.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
Ryan Stinn competes both unequipped and single ply and has designed programs for both. [/quote]
Where can we find these programs?

[quote]chris_ottawa wrote:

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
Ryan Stinn competes both unequipped and single ply and has designed programs for both. [/quote]
Where can we find these programs?[/quote]

Shoot. I guess they deleted the link I posted. Google his last name followed by training systems.

Tyler Butcher 1003lbs squat! - YouTube - This is Tyler

Rolling frying pans with Marty Ross - YouTube - This is his lifting coach Marty. Marty trained with Steve Wilson and Dave Waddington back in the old Sandusky YMCA. A lot of great lifters came out of that gym including my training partner.