Single Digit Body Fat

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Thanks. Now, I have been lifting all of 3 and a half weeks…is it too late to get into contest condition for a show two months from now?

I weigh 145lbs at 6 feet tall and think bulking is stupid.[/quote]

Not if you click over the the store, buy one of everything, and then follow all the of the advice you read here without exception.

oogie…oogie…oogie

Let’s not read more into this than we need too.

The guy misread and thought the prof was 6’ a buck and a half dishing out 13,000 posts of wisdom.

Give him a pass here.

[quote]Big Daddy D wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Big Daddy D wrote:
Professor X wrote:
sasquatch wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Also, would anyone know how to get really built, like a super heavy weight at an NPC contest…like what exercises you need to do and what tests? Any info would be greatly even more appreciated.

Comound lifts are best, but stay heavy. For the biggest arms possible, avoid all direct arm work. Eat as clean and sensible as you can while timing nutrient intake to optimize those times when the body is growing. These are exactly 20 minutes after lifting and then again 6.2 hours later. Good luck on your show

Thanks. Now, I have been lifting all of 3 and a half weeks…is it too late to get into contest condition for a show two months from now?

I weigh 145lbs at 6 feet tall and think bulking is stupid.

Pro X quick question .Who are you? im new here first time posting.I notice you have over 13,000 postings .Did i miss read that your 145 at 6 feet.or am i missing some thing.

You are missing a lot of things.

The only thing im asking is your back ground.What qualifies you to give out information.No offince to you .Do you have a degree in any form of physical education?Do you have a back ground of training other people with go results. Do you compete at a high level in Bodybuilding? Your Bio claims you have been training for over 10 years.So if you have competed in what?Powerlifting Bodybuilding or some other Sport?

With all do respect to you sir I was just wondering.Im always ready to get good advice from a more advanced lifter such as your self.[/quote]

I’m not as advanced as Prof X, I have no “qualifications” in fitness or anything else that says I’m qualified to give advice; neither did Vince Gironda by the way… noted as the best trainer that ever lived. Maybe you’ve heard of him. Maybe not.

I have degrees, but the word “exercise” isn’t attached to them. I do have experience though. Does that count for anything, or would you rather I show you I passesd the science of nutrion course; which I did by the way?

What the hell did you want to know? I’ll give you some tips and advice. If I am wrong… any “qualified trainer” can feel free to chime in correct me and prove me wrong?

[quote]popasquat wrote:

Because you’re black… ;-)[/quote]

You mean Proffesor X is black???

Good God!!!

Big Daddy D wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Big Daddy D wrote:
Professor X wrote:
sasquatch wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Also, would anyone know how to get really built, like a super heavy weight at an NPC contest…like what exercises you need to do and what tests? Any info would be greatly even more appreciated.

Comound lifts are best, but stay heavy. For the biggest arms possible, avoid all direct arm work. Eat as clean and sensible as you can while timing nutrient intake to optimize those times when the body is growing. These are exactly 20 minutes after lifting and then again 6.2 hours later. Good luck on your show

Pro X quick question .Who are you? im new here first time posting.I notice you have over 13,000 postings .Did i miss read that your 145 at 6 feet.or am i missing some thing.

The only thing im asking is your back ground.What qualifies you to give out information.No offince to you .Do you have a degree in any form of physical education?Do you have a back ground of training other people with go results. Do you compete at a high level in Bodybuilding? Your Bio claims you have been training for over 10 years.So if you have competed in what?Powerlifting Bodybuilding or some other Sport?

With all do respect to you sir I was just wondering.Im always ready to get good advice from a more advanced lifter such as your self.

Why would someone who just got to this forum focus in on my posts alone? It isn’t simply that you are asking…it is that you are so new that you don’t know even though this very topic has come up several times in the last few weeks…yet you felt the need to NOT spend some quality time reading this forum before responding…yet felt the need to only question me as to my background.

I find that strange. Why me and no one else?[/quote]

Simple . I have been reading this forum and I have yet seen you write post anything productive about training.I have you seen you give smart ass remarks .Fight with others ect.Every where I have gone you have posted as if this is your own personal web site.Then you want to wounder why people want to know your back ground.

Are you on the level or what.I have seen to many blogs where some “want to be” has made up some B.S. I.D. So are you real or some Cyber geek.If your on the level cool.If not then quit blowing up your ego. I not asking for your real name.Im just asking why your opinion should count more then anyone elses.P.S. buy the way I aint no fucking Newbie.Maybe to this site. But not lifting.

Professor X wrote:
Big Daddy D wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Big Daddy D wrote:
Professor X wrote:
sasquatch wrote:
Professor X wrote:

With all do respect to you sir I was just wondering.Im always ready to get good advice from a more advanced lifter such as your self.

Why would someone who just got to this forum focus in on my posts alone? It isn’t simply that you are asking…it is that you are so new that you don’t know even though this very topic has come up several times in the last few weeks…yet you felt the need to NOT spend some quality time reading this forum before responding…yet felt the need to only question me as to my background.

I find that strange. Why me and no one else?

Simple . I have been reading this forum and I have yet seen you write post anything productive about training.I have you seen you give smart ass remarks .Fight with others ect.Every where I have gone you have posted as if this is your own personal web site.Then you want to wounder why people want to know your back ground.

Are you on the level or what.I have seen to many blogs where some “want to be” has made up some B.S. I.D. So are you real or some Cyber geek.If your on the level cool.If not then quit blowing up your ego. I not asking for your real name.Im just asking why your opinion should count more then anyone elses.P.S. buy the way I aint no fucking Newbie.Maybe to this site. But not lifting.
[/quote]

OK non-newbie. Can you give us your expertise on non-linear muscle growth, periodization techniques for hypertrophy gains, and a coorelation between the nervous system and muscular recruitment?

Damn
Prof x diet

I think I can see the 6 pak in that big head of his

Eat McDonalds 5 times a day for the next month and make sure you super size it.
Oh… and ake sure you do heaps of curls in the squat rack for maximum growth.[/quote]

That what he does. He just likes to flame anyone who doesnt think like him. See Professor Smart Ass thinks you should get as big as physically possible regardless if its not healthy and even if it looks freaky and grotesque.

He doesnt care if he drops dead at 50 or that and if his traps get so back his shoulders droop to the ground. No just squat and eat and if your ass looks like the side of a semi-truck than you are a man. Dead lift good, 6 pak bad!

[/quote]

I’m the one who posted the original question and would like to thank all those who responded with some serious ideas and suggestions. Thanks again.

Pretty funny.

Big Daddy D wrote:
Professor X wrote:
sasquatch wrote:
Professor X wrote:

You are missing a lot of things.[/quote]

[/quote]

That’s right. You are a newbie to this site yet are acting as if everyone else is. Why don’t you tell us who YOU are? What is YOUR education? What do YOU look like? My background isn’t a mystery to regulars on this forum. However, you are.

What is up with these prof haters?

[quote]kheaslim wrote:
What is up with these prof haters? [/quote]

I love the Professor…I think he is great!!!

[quote]Go heavy fool wrote:
Big Daddy D wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Big Daddy D wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Big Daddy D wrote:
Professor X wrote:
sasquatch wrote:
Professor X wrote:

OK non-newbie. Can you give us your expertise on non-linear muscle growth, periodization techniques for hypertrophy gains, and a coorelation between the nervous system and muscular recruitment. [/quote]

duuuaaaa non -linear muscle growth .of course muscle growth is non-linear what the hell .Are you asking at what point a lifters muscle gains fall to nothing.You mean the point where someones body adapts to there current routine. Periodization technigues for hypertrophy gains .

Whats hypertrophy. Oh yeah I know it when the muscle fibers increase in size to deal with stress placed apoun them.The who freaking reason people lift to overload fibers to cause the body to protect itself.Much like the whole sunburn thing Mike Mentzer(R.I.P) use to blab about.Not that I agreed with everything he said .

would you like me to mention the fiber types slow and fast or now there saying it not that simple. That Fast twitch is what are considered anerobic .Which also have the most growth protential.Slow twitch is aerobic .

What you like me to talk about the Kreb cycle.Or how about VO2max.Nervous system and muscular recruitment.HHMMMM lets see .All I can realy can tell you about that is the beter ones musucular recruitment is normaly the stronger a person is.That why you can see a 5’6 148 lbs powerlifter out bench a 250 bb .

Maybe thats why the boys at Westside do speed days. DDDDHHH so that they can improve the nerve muscle conection.By the way most Newbies and hardgainers ability to recruit muscle fibers are crap.Of course alot of guys are suggesting volume training to improve this.

Which I agree to a degree as long as it doesnt lead to over trainnig. One question for you True or False .YOu can shape a muscle .or is it a Big myth .Since shape is dependent on different genetic fators such as tendon placement .

Can you give the best routine for a football player to help him improve his speed on the line? I like cleans myself of course squats are a must… Hey who won the first Arnold Classic ?

Oh yeah Richie Gasparie.Who broke the 700lbs level in the bench. Ted Arcidi> Before that THe Kaz held the record att 661.Then Lain broke Arcidi’s record.Hey want to talk about the old 5x5 system. By chance you know any good weight cycling I can use to peak for a meet.

Why is the preacher curl some times known as a scott curl? Who was Paul Anderson.What twin brothers made a name for them selves for reverse grip benching 500lbs.What are the benefits of doing box squats.True or False super low fat diets will kill a person Test production.

So did I pass?I mean you want to see if im a Newbie.

Big Daddy D wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Big Daddy D wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Big Daddy D wrote:
Professor X wrote:
sasquatch wrote:
Professor X wrote:

OK non-newbie. Can you give us your expertise on non-linear muscle growth, periodization techniques for hypertrophy gains, and a coorelation between the nervous system and muscular recruitment?
[/quote]

When did you begin answering for other people. Nice how you fit your degrees in there though. Who are you that anyone has to prove anything to you? Tell me again how so few can do your workout because so few have your tolerance for pain.

Go heavy fool wrote:
Big Daddy D wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Big Daddy D wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Big Daddy D wrote:
Professor X wrote:
sasquatch wrote:
Professor X wrote:

OK non-newbie. Can you give us your expertise on non-linear muscle growth, periodization techniques for hypertrophy gains, and a coorelation between the nervous system and muscular recruitment.

duuuaaaa non -linear muscle growth .of course muscle growth is non-linear what the hell .Are you asking at what point a lifters muscle gains fall to nothing.You mean the point where someones body adapts to there current routine. Periodization technigues for hypertrophy gains .

Whats hypertrophy. Oh yeah I know it when the muscle fibers increase in size to deal with stress placed apoun them.The who freaking reason people lift to overload fibers to cause the body to protect itself.Much like the whole sunburn thing Mike Mentzer(R.I.P) use to blab about.Not that I agreed with everything he said .

would you like me to mention the fiber types slow and fast or now there saying it not that simple. That Fast twitch is what are considered anerobic .Which also have the most growth protential.Slow twitch is aerobic .

What you like me to talk about the Kreb cycle.Or how about VO2max.Nervous system and muscular recruitment.HHMMMM lets see .All I can realy can tell you about that is the beter ones musucular recruitment is normaly the stronger a person is.That why you can see a 5’6 148 lbs powerlifter out bench a 250 bb .

Maybe thats why the boys at Westside do speed days. DDDDHHH so that they can improve the nerve muscle conection.By the way most Newbies and hardgainers ability to recruit muscle fibers are crap.Of course alot of guys are suggesting volume training to improve this.

Which I agree to a degree as long as it doesnt lead to over trainnig. One question for you True or False .YOu can shape a muscle .or is it a Big myth .Since shape is dependent on different genetic fators such as tendon placement .

Can you give the best routine for a football player to help him improve his speed on the line? I like cleans myself of course squats are a must… Hey who won the first Arnold Classic ?

Oh yeah Richie Gasparie.Who broke the 700lbs level in the bench. Ted Arcidi> Before that THe Kaz held the record att 661.Then Lain broke Arcidi’s record.Hey want to talk about the old 5x5 system. By chance you know any good weight cycling I can use to peak for a meet.

Why is the preacher curl some times known as a scott curl? Who was Paul Anderson.What twin brothers made a name for them selves for reverse grip benching 500lbs.What are the benefits of doing box squats.True or False super low fat diets will kill a person Test production.

So did I pass?I mean you want to see if im a Newbie.[/quote]

I’d say you pass as a non-newbie, but who gives a crap about anything you wrote.

What do you bench?
What do you squat?

ps–I don’t really care, I’m just shittin on you. But I would say it’s best to enter a new group by assimilating not attacking. As far as I’m concerned, water under the bridge. But I’m just one of those get-along guys. I like to blend in–ya know what I mean.

I’m impressed. These threads usually take 4 or 5 pages to turn into a Prof X vs the Abercrombie Justice League.flame war This one got there RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
Go heavy fool wrote:
Big Daddy D wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Big Daddy D wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Big Daddy D wrote:
Professor X wrote:
sasquatch wrote:
Professor X wrote:

When did you begin answering for other people. Nice how you fit your degrees in there though. Who are you that anyone has to prove anything to you? Tell me again how so few can do your workout because so few have your tolerance for pain.[/quote]

Well Big foot, too bad you’re in the woods in Wisconsin… otherwise you could come see for yourself. I lift in Gold’s Gym in Tallahasse Florida off of Apalache Parkway.

I eat guys like you up in my gym all the time. There’s a 325lb guy in my gym that deadlifts 800 lbs and he couldn’t make it through one set of my deadlifting routine using the same weights. My weights are a lot lighter than what he trains with.

His intensity was for shit. He’s only good for 1 rep. He almost had a heart-attack tring to match my intensity level. He quit after the 5th rest-pause, that was a quarter way through the set. If you feel up to snuff, come test your intensity level up against the best. I’ll make you look like a little girl real fast. Better bring an extra set of lungs with you too.

By the way… I’ll answer for whoever, however, and whenever I damn well please. You’re stepping on glass, but I got nails waiting for you. Keep it coming.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
What do you bench?
What do you squat?

[/quote]

Who gives a shit about that unless you’re a competitive powerlifter.

There’s a fuckin newbie question if I ever heard one.

I got a question for you. How long can you squat your 5 RM weight with only taking a 10-second rest-pause between re-racks? Get past 10 re-racks, then you can come back and talk to me about intensity.

sasquatch wrote:
What do you bench?
What do you squat?

Who gives a shit about that unless you’re a competitive powerlifter.

There’s a fuckin newbie question if I ever heard one.

I got a question for you. How long can you squat your 5 RM weight with only taking a 10-second rest-pause between re-racks? Get past 10 re-racks, then you can come back and talk to me about intensity.[/quote]

You are one tough dude. Too bad your comprehension isn’t up there with your pain threshold. I even told the guy I was shittin’ him. I was mocking you and you didn’t even connect. Or do you really need to heat me discuss neuro pathways.

Your workout or threats mean little to me.