Single Digit Body Fat

Does anybody have any ideas on how to achieve body fat in the single digits? What kind of test is the best? How often should one get the test? What kind of cardio? What kind of supplements? What kind of diet? Etc. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Also, would anyone know how to get really built, like a super heavy weight at an NPC contest…like what exercises you need to do and what tests? Any info would be greatly even more appreciated.

[quote]jackson44 wrote:
Does anybody have any ideas on how to achieve body fat in the single digits? What kind of test is the best? How often should one get the test? What kind of cardio? What kind of supplements? What kind of diet? Etc. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated! Thanks! [/quote]

Well, sure but you’d be better served by reading the nutrition articles and checking the following training articles:

Bowl full of Jelly
Meltdown Traing I,II,and III
Advanced German Body Comp
10 Tips for fat loss by CT
Cheat to Win

It sounds like you don’t have a base of knowledge yet. I would start with reading the articles, coming up with you own ideas and then posting a plan on here for critique. There are pleny of people, myself included, who would be happy to help you out.

Single digit bodyfat is pretty tough to get too. I would suggest getting a VERY strong handle on your nutrition. When you actually get past 10% bf, the cardio becomes negigible. For the most part you will need high intensity and low volume when you get down in BF.

Best articles to handle this are from Lonnie Lowery and John Berardi.

Get a STRONG hold on nutrition or forget it.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Also, would anyone know how to get really built, like a super heavy weight at an NPC contest…like what exercises you need to do and what tests? Any info would be greatly even more appreciated.[/quote]

Comound lifts are best, but stay heavy. For the biggest arms possible, avoid all direct arm work. Eat as clean and sensible as you can while timing nutrient intake to optimize those times when the body is growing. These are exactly 20 minutes after lifting and then again 6.2 hours later. Good luck on your show

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Also, would anyone know how to get really built, like a super heavy weight at an NPC contest…like what exercises you need to do and what tests? Any info would be greatly even more appreciated.

Comound lifts are best, but stay heavy. For the biggest arms possible, avoid all direct arm work. Eat as clean and sensible as you can while timing nutrient intake to optimize those times when the body is growing. These are exactly 20 minutes after lifting and then again 6.2 hours later. Good luck on your show[/quote]

Thanks. Now, I have been lifting all of 3 and a half weeks…is it too late to get into contest condition for a show two months from now?

I weigh 145lbs at 6 feet tall and think bulking is stupid.

sasquatch wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Comound lifts are best, but stay heavy. For the biggest arms possible, avoid all direct arm work. Eat as clean and sensible as you can while timing nutrient intake to optimize those times when the body is growing. These are exactly 20 minutes after lifting and then again 6.2 hours later. Good luck on your show

Thanks. Now, I have been lifting all of 3 and a half weeks…is it too late to get into contest condition for a show two months from now?

I weigh 145lbs at 6 feet tall and think bulking is stupid.[/quote]

Not at all. Don’t let the nay-sayers on this board keep you from your dream. Lift hard. Eat big. And don’t forget to take your thermogenic of choice. It’s all about CLEAN weight and visible abs. Just think how big your shoulders look with your waist slimmer than your rib cage.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
Professor X wrote:
sasquatch wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Not at all. Don’t let the nay-sayers on this board keep you from your dream. Lift hard. Eat big. And don’t forget to take your thermogenic of choice. It’s all about CLEAN weight and visible abs. Just think how big your shoulders look with your waist slimmer than your rib cage.[/quote]

WARNING!!! Follow this advice and you will be doomed to a life of damnation! Let me explain . . . . 145 at 6 ft IS NOT BIG enough for a contest. A better idea is to keep cutting calories until you somehow gain weight, in which case you should stop at 155. Then, diet down to a contest weight of about 153.5. Any less than that and you will lose the risk of losing all the gains you have made in the past . . . weeks.

It’s okay your weight is not up to par for a contest because, of course, the first time at a show should be done for experience. Then, after about 30 shows, you will understand how they work and you can start thinking about placing. Please PM me if you need any help with a training routine which should mainly consist of bosu ball balancing and possibly some vertical bench press machine work to really SQUUEEEZZEEEE and ISOLATE those bad boys.

Good luck and keep using the SEARCH function unlike most of these idiots comin’ to invade OUR site!

Your a funny man prof!!

Eat McDonalds 5 times a day for the next month and make sure you super size it.
Oh… and ake sure you do heaps of curls in the squat rack for maximum growth.

Also, would anyone know how to get really built, like a super heavy weight at an NPC contest…like what exercises you need to do and what tests? Any info would be greatly even more appreciated.[/quote]

This is not a relevant question for “Bodyslimming’s think tank”

145 and 6’… man i was blasted saying i was that weight but at 5’10".

from what i learned from the dicks and non-dicks alike… eat and train or train and eat

sasquatch wrote:
Professor X wrote:

I weigh 145lbs at 6 feet tall and think bulking is stupid.[/quote]

Pro X quick question .Who are you? im new here first time posting.I notice you have over 13,000 postings .Did i miss read that your 145 at 6 feet.or am i missing some thing.

[quote]Big Daddy D wrote:
Professor X wrote:
sasquatch wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Pro X quick question .Who are you? im new here first time posting.I notice you have over 13,000 postings .Did i miss read that your 145 at 6 feet.or am i missing some thing.[/quote]

You are missing a lot of things.

Pro X quick question .Who are you? im new here first time posting.I notice you have over 13,000 postings .Did i miss read that your 145 at 6 feet.or am i missing some thing.[/quote]

hahahahahahahahahahah

[quote]jackson44 wrote:
Does anybody have any ideas on how to achieve body fat in the single digits? What kind of test is the best? How often should one get the test? What kind of cardio? What kind of supplements? What kind of diet? Etc. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated! Thanks! [/quote]

Hit the beginners threads and articles prior to posting things like this. Otherwise you will get nothing more that ridicule from the forum bullies. There is a ton of information here.

[quote]IronDude17 wrote:
WARNING!!! Follow this advice and you will be doomed to a life of damnation! Let me explain . . . . 145 at 6 ft IS NOT BIG enough for a contest. A better idea is to keep cutting calories until you somehow gain weight, in which case you should stop at 155. Then, diet down to a contest weight of about 153.5. Any less than that and you will lose the risk of losing all the gains you have made in the past . . . weeks.

It’s okay your weight is not up to par for a contest because, of course, the first time at a show should be done for experience. Then, after about 30 shows, you will understand how they work and you can start thinking about placing. Please PM me if you need any help with a training routine which should mainly consist of bosu ball balancing and possibly some vertical bench press machine work to really SQUUEEEZZEEEE and ISOLATE those bad boys.

Good luck and keep using the SEARCH function unlike most of these idiots comin’ to invade OUR site![/quote]

I like this one. LOL

“…possibly some vertical bench press machine work to really SQUUEEEZZEEEE and ISOLATE those bad boys.”

I have had some good results with Joel Marion’s “Cheater’s Diet”.

But to get into the single digits I am trying carb cyclcing which is working well.

Big Daddy D wrote:
Professor X wrote:
sasquatch wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Pro X quick question .Who are you? im new here first time posting.I notice you have over 13,000 postings .Did i miss read that your 145 at 6 feet.or am i missing some thing.

You are missing a lot of things.[/quote]

The only thing im asking is your back ground.What qualifies you to give out information.No offince to you .Do you have a degree in any form of physical education?Do you have a back ground of training other people with go results. Do you compete at a high level in Bodybuilding? Your Bio claims you have been training for over 10 years.So if you have competed in what?Powerlifting Bodybuilding or some other Sport?

With all do respect to you sir I was just wondering.Im always ready to get good advice from a more advanced lifter such as your self.

Professor X wrote:
Big Daddy D wrote:
Professor X wrote:
sasquatch wrote:
Professor X wrote:

The only thing im asking is your back ground.What qualifies you to give out information.No offince to you .Do you have a degree in any form of physical education?Do you have a back ground of training other people with go results. Do you compete at a high level in Bodybuilding? Your Bio claims you have been training for over 10 years.So if you have competed in what?Powerlifting Bodybuilding or some other Sport?

With all do respect to you sir I was just wondering.Im always ready to get good advice from a more advanced lifter such as your self.[/quote]

Why would someone who just got to this forum focus in on my posts alone? It isn’t simply that you are asking…it is that you are so new that you don’t know even though this very topic has come up several times in the last few weeks…yet you felt the need to NOT spend some quality time reading this forum before responding…yet felt the need to only question me as to my background.

I find that strange. Why me and no one else?

Big Daddy D wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Big Daddy D wrote:
Professor X wrote:
sasquatch wrote:
Professor X wrote:

With all do respect to you sir I was just wondering.Im always ready to get good advice from a more advanced lifter such as your self.

Why would someone who just got to this forum focus in on my posts alone? It isn’t simply that you are asking…it is that you are so new that you don’t know even though this very topic has come up several times in the last few weeks…yet you felt the need to NOT spend some quality time reading this forum before responding…yet felt the need to only question me as to my background.

I find that strange. Why me and no one else?[/quote]

Because you’re black… :wink: