T Nation

Single Digit Body Fat Help

I am male, 25, roughly 5 ft 11 in. 156 lb. I am at the moment 12% body fat. I will be frank, Im thinking of giving up getting to single figure body fat. I sorely need advice on how to get to single figures (9% would be amazing). I will list my diet as follows. If anyone see anything wrong please let me know and reply.

First I am very sure I am getting enough protein, (around 200g a day)

Meal 1 - 70g Pure whey shake (skimmed Milk)

Meal 2 - Chicken breast and 3 bacon rashers, with broccoli and a low fat dressing. (1.5 average size breast)

Meal 3 - Chicken breast and 3 bacon rashers, with broccoli and a low fat dressing (1.5 average size breast)

Meal 4 (Pre Workout, usually dinner) - 2 Chicken Breast with broccoli and a low fat dressing.

During Workout 70g pure whey shake (skimmed milk)

This is the diet I have Monday to Thursday, on Friday I have The same as the other days up until dinner, I have a cheat meal, usually pizza, and a dessert.

Saturday and Sunday are as follows;

Meal 1 - 70g pure whey shake with skimmed milk

Meal 2 - 4 Egg Omelette, served with broccoli

During workout - 70g pure whey shake with skimmed milk

Meal 3 another 4 egg omelette, no broccoli

Meal 4 (dinner) 2 Chicken Breasts, with broccoli and a low fat dressing

My training is 4 days lifting, usually 2 days back and biceps, one day chest and tris and one day shoulders and tris, I do squats and dead lifts spread over the 2 back and biceps days.

I recently exchanged the chicken wings for breast for the dinner time meal, only been like this for a week.

I also do HIIT training 3 days (my non lift days) a 10 minute warm up then as follows;

1 x 300m sprint
2 x 200m sprints REST PERIODS OF APPROX 2 MINUTES
5 x 100m sprints

5 ft 11 in. 156 lb.

Maybe do something different till you would actually look decent at 9%…instead of anorexic.

[quote]el torito wrote:
5 ft 11 in. 156 lb.

Maybe do something different till you would actually look decent at 9%…instead of anorexic. [/quote]

The answer you will receive here is… WHY do you want single digit body fat? There’s nothing special about the number.

yup, the difference between 12% and 9% isn’t that big

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
yup, the difference between 12% and 9% isn’t that big[/quote]

Amen.
Post a pic.

You do know your body has the ability(and will) turn protein into sugar for energy if it doesn’t get the proper energy sources from your diet.

You have 137 lbs of LBM (assuming your 12% is correct)

That is absolutely TINY. On a 5’11" frame?

Upping lean mass will help with BF%, i.e., same amount of fat will be less of a percentage of your body weight. You might want to focus on that for a while.

[quote]squinn57360 wrote:
I am male, 25, roughly 5 ft 11 in. 156 lb.
[/quote]

Sorry to hear that.