Since im on the topic anyways.....

since im asking about aching knees in my other post i might as well ask why after I went ice skating my knees ached like a bitch. I think squat might be responsible…i stand shoulder width and go ass to calves but never let tension go. tempo is around 4 sec down, 2 sec up. I’m not doing an enormous amount of weight either…just 200lbs for 8 reps right now for HST. any input would be appreciated as i could REALLY feel an injury lurking about after i ice skated.

Dude, I don’t think squatting is responsible. I squat at least 205lb, and my knees never hurt after a legwork session. Cardio does that for me. If you run or go on the stairmaster or somesuch, that might be the cause. Maybe it’s even skating. Just some thoughts.

Dude – ice skating is one of the WORST things on knees. Usually you use rental skates, which have broken down so much that they have virtually NO ankle support. Then, people rarely lace them tight enough to do any good. Now balance all that on a blade that’s less than 1/8 inch thick. Man, your knees take the brunt of your ankles caving.

It’s the skating, not the squats.