Since 13, a Chubby ***** on the Scene

Background information: Parents use to both lift weights actively and met at Golds Gym in Southern California. Dad used to roid and be into bodybuilding, so I figure I have decent genetics. Started lifting in football when I was around 13/14 and wasn’t very serious about it. Chubby/fat at this point. Ended up fracturing my pelvis twice which ruined any chance at a future in sports. Bought a weight set in senior year of high school. Got decent gains but still was chubby/fat. Got serious (diet down check, lifting routine, not drinking). First 2 years of college I drank a shit ton and didnt eat right which led to very little progress being made.

Now: 20 years old, 5’11 202 pounds, ~13-14% bf. Been cutting for approx. a month with a few drinking days put in (Baltimore Ravens fan).

Bench: 275x3
Squat: 365x5
Deadlift: 405x4

Goal: Get to 10% and finally not be chubby/fat.

Average daily diet (trying to increase):
Meal 1: 3 Eggs/3 Egg white, 1 cup oats, 1 banana (648 cal)
PWO sup (C4, 10 cal)
Whey PostWO (240 cal)
Meal 2: 5oz turkey breast or chicken, 1 cup brown rice 1 cup green veggie (443 cal)
Snacks: 1.5 cup cottage cheese (240 cal), Apple or Banana (90 cal), 1 cup oats (300 cal)
Meal 3: 5oz turkey breast or chicken, 1 cup brown rice 1 cup green veggie (443)

Total: ~2319 Cal, ~275g Carb, ~200g Protein, ~50g Fat

*Varies on if I have groceries certain days (college student, no car)

Pics:

Note I’ll try to get more up to date picture soon. And bonus points to whoever can understand the title.

purpose of thread (LOL): recommendations/tips/help etc etc

Post some recent pics.

Your daily calories are low…very close to what I would consider the floor.

I don’t see any vascularity in the Oct. 12 pics, what bodyweight are expecting to be at when your done?

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:
Post some recent pics.

I don’t see any vascularity in the Oct. 12 pics, what bodyweight are expecting to be at when your done?

[/quote]
Yeah I have been adding cal in. Those numbers were taken from my log about 2 weeks ago. I’m slowly increasing up to 2400-2500. Yeah Ill get some new pics this weekend when I have some time. I plan to be at 190ish when done. Yeah Oct 12 I was probably around 195 but I’m bigger now and around the same BF. I want dat vascularity.

[quote]HotShot818 wrote:

Post some recent pics.

[/quote]
Yeah I have been adding cal in. Those numbers were taken from my log about 2 weeks ago. I’m slowly increasing up to 2400-2500. Yeah Ill get some new pics this weekend when I have some time. I plan to be at 190ish when done. Yeah Oct 12 I was probably around 195 but I’m bigger now and around the same BF. I want dat vascularity.[/quote]

My guess is you will need to get down to at least 180 to see the vascularity I suspect you are after.

[quote]HotShot818 wrote:

Post some recent pics.

[/quote]
Yeah I have been adding cal in. Those numbers were taken from my log about 2 weeks ago. I’m slowly increasing up to 2400-2500. Yeah Ill get some new pics this weekend when I have some time. I plan to be at 190ish when done. Yeah Oct 12 I was probably around 195 but I’m bigger now and around the same BF. I want dat vascularity.[/quote]

My guess is you will need to get down to at least 180 to see the vascularity I suspect you are after. [/quote]
Sweet thanks for the estimate. I dont really care about weight all that much just about how I look. I just want to not feel “fat” anymore if you understand what I mean.

[quote]HotShot818 wrote:
Background information: Parents use to both lift weights actively and met at Golds Gym in Southern California. Dad used to roid and be into bodybuilding, so I figure I have decent genetics. Started lifting in football when I was around 13/14 and wasn’t very serious about it. Chubby/fat at this point. Ended up fracturing my pelvis twice which ruined any chance at a future in sports. Bought a weight set in senior year of high school. Got decent gains but still was chubby/fat. Got serious (diet down check, lifting routine, not drinking). First 2 years of college I drank a shit ton and didnt eat right which led to very little progress being made.

Now: 20 years old, 5’11 202 pounds, ~13-14% bf. Been cutting for approx. a month with a few drinking days put in (Baltimore Ravens fan).

Bench: 275x3
Squat: 365x5
Deadlift: 405x4

Goal: Get to 10% and finally not be chubby/fat.

Average daily diet (trying to increase):
Meal 1: 3 Eggs/3 Egg white, 1 cup oats, 1 banana (648 cal)
PWO sup (C4, 10 cal)
Whey PostWO (240 cal)
Meal 2: 5oz turkey breast or chicken, 1 cup brown rice 1 cup green veggie (443 cal)
Snacks: 1.5 cup cottage cheese (240 cal), Apple or Banana (90 cal), 1 cup oats (300 cal)
Meal 3: 5oz turkey breast or chicken, 1 cup brown rice 1 cup green veggie (443)

Total: ~2319 Cal, ~275g Carb, ~200g Protein, ~50g Fat

*Varies on if I have groceries certain days (college student, no car)

Pics:

Note I’ll try to get more up to date picture soon. And bonus points to whoever can understand the title.

purpose of thread (LOL): recommendations/tips/help etc etc
[/quote]

You might want to up your protein. closer to 300. seems odd that when cutting your protein would be so low in comparison to your carbs. And as already mentioned, you’re at a really low level of calories.

Regardless, you’ve made fantastic progress over the years and should be really proud of yourself.

Yeah I guess I’ll up the portions of lean meat I’m eating. Hopefully going grocery shopping tomorrow. I’m getting most of my protein macros today from eggs and whey :expressionless: (ran out of turkey and chicken).

[quote]HotShot818 wrote:
Yeah I guess I’ll up the portions of lean meat I’m eating. Hopefully going grocery shopping tomorrow. I’m getting most of my protein macros today from eggs and whey :expressionless: (ran out of turkey and chicken).[/quote]

Eggs and Whey all day lol…sounds like a recipe for the shits

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]HotShot818 wrote:
Yeah I guess I’ll up the portions of lean meat I’m eating. Hopefully going grocery shopping tomorrow. I’m getting most of my protein macros today from eggs and whey :expressionless: (ran out of turkey and chicken).[/quote]

Eggs and Whey all day lol…sounds like a recipe for the shits[/quote]
It’s not ideal I’ll tell you that. Hopefully getting a ride to the grocery store tomorrow. Hate days like this, really hard to hit the macros.

Today I’m at 2400 cal 275 carb 210 protein and 55 fat. Might eat a couple eggs or something, I’m starving atm and will probably be up another 2 hours (damn accounting)

[quote]HotShot818 wrote:

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]HotShot818 wrote:

Eggs and Whey all day lol…sounds like a recipe for the shits[/quote]
It’s not ideal I’ll tell you that. Hopefully getting a ride to the grocery store tomorrow. Hate days like this, really hard to hit the macros.

Today I’m at 2400 cal 275 carb 210 protein and 55 fat. Might eat a couple eggs or something, I’m starving atm and will probably be up another 2 hours (damn accounting)[/quote]

I feel ya man. I finished my carbs for the day post work out, and I’m up doing econ and polysci homework. All I have left on the menu is some cottage cheese or whey. I already had steak and chicken today and I’m trying to make my groceries last lol.

IMO That much additional protein would be unneccesary.

I would just increase in small increments evenly across the board with all macros until you were hitting a good maintenance number of cals (usually about bwx15) before you started dieting, this would put your carbs at a good number to start dieting with while still giving you a really good amount of protein and fat.

I took vasodilators that helped with the vascularity for a short time. of course not permanent. it worked.
Just dont buy nitrix. soooo expensive.

[quote]Swolatron420000 wrote:
I took vasodilators that helped with the vascularity for a short time. of course not permanent. it worked.
Just dont buy nitrix. soooo expensive.[/quote]
Maybe Ill look into that once I lose about 10 or so more pounds. Still got about a month of 2 for that.

Maybe I’ll buy some for spring break haha

Been having an issue with my lower back and got it checked out. Something about pelvic muscle imbalance or a twisted pelvis. Basically have to stretch more. Gonna take a couple weeks off squat/deadlift (caused the pain).