T Nation

Simpsons Voice Actors Get Pay Raise

http://tv.yahoo.com/show/211/news/urn:newsml:tv.reuters.com:20080603:simpsons_dc__ER:25186

Alright, which one of you assholes is still watching The Simpsons? The last time this show was funny, I was riding the big yellow school bus.

Wow! I stopped watching this years ago. It’s been on for 20 years and they signed a four-year deal? Haven’t they run out of ideas already?

The show while not totally hilarious is still funny and amusing. I don’t tune in every week (haven’t for years), but catching an episode on fox.com can be entertaining.

Unfortunately for the Simpsons, Family Guy is light years ahead and so much funnier that I lost a lot of interest in the Simpsons.

I could watch Family Guy all day :smiley:

More importantly,
$400k per EPISODE?!?!?! that is unreal just to speak into a microphone with no acting involved.

I wish I could impersonate a voice perfectly, I’d be happy to settle for $100k an episode.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
More importantly,
$400k per EPISODE?!?!?! that is unreal just to speak into a microphone with no acting involved.

I wish I could impersonate a voice perfectly, I’d be happy to settle for $100k an episode.[/quote]

I wouldn’t go that far to say there’s no acting involved. There is some acting involved and you do have to have vocal talent to do voice work like that. I’m not sure about the amount they are getting though. That’s pretty crazy.

I agree about Family Guy though. I can’t get enough of that show right now.

The show while not totally hilarious is still funny and amusing. [/quote]

I just can’t do it. I can turn on the TV right as an episode is starting and can tell within 2 seconds whether it’s a “new” one or not. Not because of recognizing the intro. It’s just a feeling…a totally unfunny feeling.

Something changed, I think it was the episode when Homer goes online and makes a website. Number one, it was a modern-day pop culture reference which was never done before. And then the second half of the episode crumbled into unfunny nonsense when the family gets repeatedly gassed and kidnapped to same strange island.

[quote]Natural Nate wrote:

Something changed, I think it was the episode when Homer goes online and makes a website. Number one, it was a modern-day pop culture reference which was never done before. And then the second half of the episode crumbled into unfunny nonsense when the family gets repeatedly gassed and kidnapped to same strange island.[/quote]

I still watch it sometimes. Though the characters have been exhausted and the story lines have gone to shit, they occasionally throw in few really good jokes to prove that they still got it. The episode you are referring to is one of the greatest ever. The repeated gassing and strange island is a reference to 60’s TV show The Prisoner. As usual with obscure references it is hysterical when you know what is going on.

jehovasfitness wrote:
The show while not totally hilarious is still funny and amusing.

I just can’t do it. I can turn on the TV right as an episode is starting and can tell within 2 seconds whether it’s a “new” one or not. Not because of recognizing the intro. It’s just a feeling…a totally unfunny feeling.

Something changed, I think it was the episode when Homer goes online and makes a website. Number one, it was a modern-day pop culture reference which was never done before. And then the second half of the episode crumbled into unfunny nonsense when the family gets repeatedly gassed and kidnapped to same strange island.[/quote]

Horrible episode. They jumped the shark a few years ago. I still haven’t seen the movie.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
I still haven’t seen the movie.[/quote]

Just imagine any recent episode, but three times as long and not that funny. There, now you’ve seen it.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
I still haven’t seen the movie.

Just imagine any recent episode, but three times as long and not that funny. There, now you’ve seen it.[/quote]

I could tell just from the commercials.

Homer walking a pig on the ceiling and singing “Spider Pig” is NOT funny.

And as far as episodes, having a brand new special guest voice for every episode is NOT funny. Especially when the guest is…NOT funny.

AngryVader wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
I still haven’t seen the movie.

Just imagine any recent episode, but three times as long and not that funny. There, now you’ve seen it.

I could tell just from the commercials.

Homer walking a pig on the ceiling and singing “Spider Pig” is NOT funny.

And as far as episodes, having a brand new special guest voice for every episode is NOT funny. Especially when the guest is…NOT funny.[/quote]

I actually fell asleep about 20 minutes into it. So yeah, it was really holding my interest.

i used to be the biggest simpsons fan when i was 10 a decade ago, south park, family guy and the boondocks are much more funny and entertaining than the simpsons

i think the day the simpsons died for me was when the show pretty much changed two things

1. bart was really no longer the show’s main character instead homer
  2. bart really lost his bad boy image, now he’s know longer dennis the menace, he is a watered down version of what he once was

the show went from something that was relate able with story lines that could seem plausible in real life too something that is way overblown with unbelievable story lines

Fuck you Simpson haters. If not for the Simpsons, there would be no family guy. At least South Park and Simpsons tend to have a set story that leads into something else. A majority of Family Guy is this:

Lois: Peter, you’re bleeding from your ears.

Peter: Holy cow, you’re right. Reminds me of the time I played strip poker with Mr.T and Green Goblin

Green Goblin, Mr.T, and Peter are playing poker. Peter only wearing underwear while the rest are fully clothed.

You know the rest. Family Guy is funny, but let’s see it run for 10 plus seasons.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Fuck you Simpson haters. If not for the Simpsons, there would be no family guy. At least South Park and Simpsons tend to have a set story that leads into something else. A majority of Family Guy is this:

Peter: Holy cow, you’re right. Reminds me of the time I played strip poker with Mr.T and Green Goblin

Green Goblin, Mr.T, and Peter are playing poker. Peter only wearing underwear while the rest are fully clothed.

You know the rest. Family Guy is funny, but let’s see it run for 10 plus seasons.[/quote]

I don’t hate The Simpsons. It just isn’t that funny anymore. They’ve run out of ideas. They should have quit a few years ago and let it go out on a high note.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

You know the rest. Family Guy is funny, but let’s see it run for 10 plus seasons.[/quote]

Who cares how long something is on the air? FG is still the funniest shit ever.

who cares how long something is on the air? FG is still the funniest shit ever.[/quote]

So… hows that novel you’ve been working on?

[quote]Makavali wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
who cares how long something is on the air? FG is still the funniest shit ever.

So… hows that novel you’ve been working on?[/quote]

huh? got some enemies that become friends, some friends that become enemies?.. yeah, you got nothin!

lol, I can quote that show all day.

one of the best scenes ever was “where’s my money man?”

Hey everyone! Democracy just kicked in!

If you dont’ want to go to war, then you’re gay.

i want to go to war. I was the first that wanted to go to war.

If you dont’ want to go to war, then you’re gay.

I want to go to war. I was the first that wanted to go to war.