Simpsons or Futurama

The Simpsons will eventually eclipse ‘I Love Lucy’ as the most watched TV show of all time. Our children and grandchildren will, if they don’t watch it, at least have heard of it.

‘Futurama’? ‘Family Guy’? They will forgotten forever.

To add to my earlier post on this, I started watching the family guy and saw some blatant rip offs of Simpson jokes… therefore I boycotted it entirely. I’m sure it’s really funny… it had some real promise… but the rip off left a sour taste in my mouth… and i hold grudges… what can I say.

One in particular is when that fat guy goes to vegas and keeps on saying “hit me” while playing blackjack… even after he gets 21… Total Homer rip-off. Way too blatant to be considered flattery or homage.

wow!? there’re still people who consider the simpsons better than family guy!? give it a few seasons.

don’t forget to watch the family guy premiere on may 1st. ive already seen it, fuckin hilarious.

Definitley the Simpsons, even though I do like Futurama alot. The humour in Futurama is a little dry and I think that is why most people don’t like it as much as the Simpsons. Family Guy is right up there too, and I thought the first episode of American Dad was pretty good too, especially the French toast line. Classic. If you are up late check out Adult Swim when they have run Harvy Birdman Attorney at Law, it is hilarious.

shit I was pissed I saw that there was going to be something on called “adult swim” and I thought there’d be nudity and sexual situations.

Well… it’s official. In my opinion, Family Guy has officially STOMPED The Simpsons. Even though the writers did as I suggested in my last post (focus more on Homer for better plots / more humor), it still fell drastically short. The first two minutes of Family Guy was funnier than the entire Ray Romano episode of the Simpsons. (That list of failed Fox shows KILLED me; and when Flint of GI Joe showed up in the boy’s room I lost it completely.)

And since this thread was originally about Simpsons vs. Futurama, I’ll digress. If new Futurama’s were still being made, I would definitely pick it over the new Simpsons. You had a good run, guys.

Again, this is all just my opinion.

[quote]Joe Daley wrote:
The Simpsons was the best show on TV for a long time, but has sucked much ass for about the last 3 years as every character just acts “WACKY” in every episode. You get the real impression that they are just flogging a dead horse and Matt Groening was much more interested in doing Futurama.

Futurama was a brilliant show, in the same vein as The Simpsons, but with more room for new ideas and above all, it had Bender.

I feel however, that Family Guy beats them both. Much more offensive and ridiculous, and you can’t beat that.[/quote]

EXACTLY how I feel. Except last night’s new episode of FG seemed a little stranger (ie. wackier) than the old episodes. But I’ll give it time. They also seemed to be using Futurama’s background animation style.

“you can’t eat all those hamburgers you silly, silly man.”

“oh, he’s gonna do it. you ridiculous man. you’re so ridiculous.”

[quote]veruvius wrote:
They also seemed to be using Futurama’s background animation style.[/quote]

Yeah, I noticed the cg backgrounds and stuff too. that’s a good thing.

Family Guy is great, but I think the Simpsons is the greatest! Gratned the last few seasons have been sub-par, but I feel that the earlier seasons more than make up for it, plus I have found this season to be much better than the past few.

I love Futurama, and watch it on AS often, but I don’t feel it is better than simpsons. And who ever said that TV is horrible these days is right on. Realtiy bull shit as far as the eye can see.

To sum up:
Simpsons > Futurama = Family Guy

FG last night was a blast.

Flint popping out of the toilet stall for the PSA was absolutely classic.

The look that Stewie gave Brian after “upside down faced”, absolutely killed me!

“Christians don’t believe in gravity.” LMAO

Cheers

[quote]LowfatMatt wrote:
Well… it’s official. In my opinion, Family Guy has officially STOMPED The Simpsons. Even though the writers did as I suggested in my last post (focus more on Homer for better plots / more humor), it still fell drastically short. The first two minutes of Family Guy was funnier than the entire Ray Romano episode of the Simpsons. (That list of failed Fox shows KILLED me; and when Flint of GI Joe showed up in the boy’s room I lost it completely.)

And since this thread was originally about Simpsons vs. Futurama, I’ll digress. If new Futurama’s were still being made, I would definitely pick it over the new Simpsons. You had a good run, guys.

Again, this is all just my opinion.[/quote]

Seems to me that the Simpsons has been focusing more on Homer and less on Bart for about the last 8-10 years of the show probably one of the reasons for its longevity. With that being said I still prefer both the Family Guy and Futurama but I still like watching the Simpsons.

[quote]David Barr wrote:
The look that Stewie gave Brian after “upside down faced”, absolutely killed me!

“Christians don’t believe in gravity.” LMAO

Cheers[/quote]

Agreed, the gravity one was without a doubt my favorite moment of last night’s show

Peter: “Stop it . . . stop it . . . stop it . . .”

Ancient Roman: “Okay”.

My favorite part of last night’s FG was “Let He who is without sin…kick the first ass!”
Also notable, Stewie’s knitting of “Die Lois” while in bed with Brian. Brian and Stewie are great.

Futurama was great, much better than the Simpsons. We don’t get The Family Guy over here, but from the episodes that I have seen, it is the second funniest cartoon around. Happy Tree Friends gets my vote for the funniest cartoon around.

Simpsons = respected but needs some change.

Futurama = had potential but not groundbreaking enough.

Family Guy = Kick ass characters and entertaining! One of the few shows I would make time to watch. Appeals to my taste in humor more than the others.

How, HOW can any fan of the Simpsons watch Family guy? Do you enjoy seeing Homer in another, unfunny form? They ripped off the concept of Homer. A talking baby? wow, to quote Mr. Burns, HI-LARRIOUS. A talking dog, well there’s no stopping them now. In sum, an episode of Family Guy is gayer than hearing about Powda hit his chin with his own semen.

Simpsons all the way