T Nation

Simplest Strength in Beyond 5/3/1?

I'm sure this has been answered before, but i have a few questions regarding template rotation and if they are different in one program or the other.

First of all , i wish to thank you because your program is great and i am having great results with it. I only completed my first 6 week cycle of 5/3/1 and i already added 10 kg to my OHP RM. Going from 72 kg to 82 kg. My Deadlift also sky rocketed. My bench and squat, not so much.

Anyway, since my first 6 week cycle was with BBB assistance work i was thinking i could rotate every 6 weeks with the Simplest Strength template, making something like 6 weeks hyper - deload - 6 weeks strength.
I'm not sure if this is a good idea.

Will the SS template remain the same as it is on your first book, but increasing the weights each time along my TM every third week?
Also, does FSL and it's variations count as assistance work or could they be done along with Simplest Strength?

TM for SSL changes every 3 weeks.
Please don’t do SSL, BBB and FSL in same session. This has been asked too many times for it to be a joke. Choose one supplemental movement per workout.

Thank you for taking your time for answer me. Will do.

How did you improve that much in OHP within 6 weeks?
Please share your secret!

No secret to be honest.

I was pressing 65kgx5 on Madcow when i made the switch for 5/3/1 because i just started a new job and i had a shorter ammount of time to train.

I’m now pressing 60x12 and recently 65x10.

However the rest went to complete ***** and i can show you.

Workout B video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu1Iuy3HBFA

This is where i improved a lot, the deadlift and the press. Shattering my previous best. The pres starts at 55 secs - 65kg x5

Workout A video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM1OT_MvwH4

And here is where i’m regressing with 5/3/1. In this video i squat 140 x3 (which i know it’s baby weight but hey, i “just” started) But i ended up squatting 140x5 before the switch.
I can now barely squat 135x2.
You also se me bench 100 kgx6 and i ended up benching that weight easily for 8 reps.
I can now barely bench 95x5 kg.