Simple ZMA Questions

Must I take ZMA before night? Can I take it at other times of day?

Wouldn’t it get in the system faster if you emptied the capsules into your mouth and downed with water?

I’m almost 100% positive I’m severly deficient. I have the symptoms of zinc deficiency. Can I take more than the suggested “3 capsules” daily? Like five or six capsules? Would there be additional benefit or would it be a waste? Like a couple in the morning, a couple pre and post workout, and a couple before bed? I need to get my levels up ASAP.

[quote]Lejes wrote:
Must I take ZMA before night? Can I take it at other times of day?[/quote]

ZMA can be taken any time of the day.

[quote]Lejes wrote:
Wouldn’t it get in the system faster if you emptied the capsules into your mouth and downed with water?[/quote]

No, the capsules breakdown easily once the product enters the GI tract.

[quote]Lejes wrote:
I’m almost 100% positive I’m severly deficient. I have the symptoms of zinc deficiency. Can I take more than the suggested “3 capsules” daily? Like five or six capsules? Would there be additional benefit or would it be a waste? Like a couple in the morning, a couple pre and post workout, and a couple before bed? I need to get my levels up ASAP.
[/quote]

Don’t use more than the recommended dosage of ZMA. As long as you use it consistently, 3 capsules daily should be plenty to restore and maintain zinc and magnesium levels.

What is up with the “avoid taking with foods and supplements containing calcium”?

My protein shake has calcium and I like to take my ZMA at night with my night shake…

What am I losing out on? Would it be better to take them 2 hours or so before my bedtime shake?

[quote]IFR Pilot wrote:
What is up with the “avoid taking with foods and supplements containing calcium”?

My protein shake has calcium and I like to take my ZMA at night with my night shake…

What am I losing out on? Would it be better to take them 2 hours or so before my bedtime shake?

[/quote]

I believe calcium interferes with the absorbtion of zinc and magnesium. I’m not exactly sure what the process chemically is there, but I can tell you, it is a noticeable difference. Take the ZMA or the shake earlier would be my advice.

The recommended dose of ZMA is plenty. That’s a lot of Zinc and Magnesium. Your body will get rid of excess, so taking extra is a waste of money. Take the ZMA 3 hours after food or calcium or you’re wasting your money.

The pills dissolve almost too quickly.

I made the mistake of putting them in my mouth, then taking my time going to the 'fridge for some water.

They started dissolving in my mouth, and I felt/tasted the powder on my tongue. Nasty.