T Nation

Simple Test Only Cycle

Lately the topic of steroids has caught my attention and I’ve been doing some research in this and other sites. The more I read, the more I’m convinced a simple Test cycle similar to the one posted on the “Steroid newbie cycle planning” stickie would be the best choice for an unexperienced user. For those unfamiliar with it, the proposed cycle is as follows (I will only post the simplest version plus the optional ancillaries):

"W 1-10 Test Enth 250mg E3D
W 1-12 Adex 0.25mg EOD (reduce to 0.125mg EOD in last week)

Optional Ancilliaries
W 1-12 Nolva 20mg/d if gyno symptoms (itchy/tender nipples) start to show
W 1-10 Caber 0.5mg 2x/w if you are having prolactin issues (difficulty getting an erection when on tren or deca)
W 3-10 HCG 250iu 3x/w if you want to prevent your nuts from shrinking and make recovery easier"

Regarding this cycle, however, I’m left with a couple of questions based on what I’ve learned so far:

1. Would Test Prop be a suitable, even better substitution if one doesn’t mind injecting more frequently? I ask because I have encountered many users who claim that Prop is a more “pleasant” compound. Is this true? if so, why? Is it because it takes less time to build up in the system and clears more rapidly? Does it “feel” different? Are side effects less likely or less pronounced compared to longer esters?

2. Would adding Nolvadex during the cycle be useful/advisable? I remember from reading one of the stickies that this would not be necessary given that an AI is already being used and there is basically no theoretical excess of estrogen that needs to be blocked by the SERM. However, wouldn’t the SERM’s antagonist properties on breast and fat tissue and it’s capability to reduce water retention be of use should the AI dose prove insufficient? And, wouldn’t it’s agonist properties on bone tissue and it’s capability to improve blood lipid profile be an asset during the cycle?

3. Would the addition of a 5-alpha-Reductase inhibitor such as Dutasteride be advisable if one is concerned about DHT related side effects? I ask because i have read that reducing DHT too much could result in short term impotence for most and long term impotence for some (this would obviously outweigh the benefits of protecting against DHT) and also because reducing DHT would diminish the androgenic effect of the drug (Testosterone) and it is my understanding that this could affect the gains experienced. So, given these drawbacks, would this be a good addition to the cycle or would one be best served by just enduring the DHT related side effects? Experience based responses would be of great value here, I think. Also, If this addition is indeed advisable, what should the dosing schedule be?

This is, at this point, a learning exercise for me but I appreciate your time and your responses.

E

you won’t need the nolva on cycle, save it for PCT. You won’t need the caber either as you’re not running a 19-nor.

I wouldn’t touch the dutasteride if you value your boner.

I wouldn’t bother with prop, test E is fine.

I assume you have PCT all sorted?

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
you won’t need the nolva on cycle, save it for PCT. You won’t need the caber either as you’re not running a 19-nor.

I assume you have PCT all sorted?[/quote]

Well, as I said, this is more a learning exercise at this point. I suppose that if I were to do a cycle like this the best option would be to use nolva as instructed by the sticky? In regards to this, I have read somewhere that while Nolva and Clomid are very similar, they also have some differences. Would this make it worthwhile to run both on PCT or would one of them be enough for optimal recovery? If both were used would the doses for both be lower than they would be if used alone or would one just stack one on top of the other?

Would you mind elaborating a bit more on your responses please?

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

Also, could your recommendation be extended to other 5-AR inhibitors such as Proscar or is it particularly Dutasteride that you wouldn’t recommend? Thanks.

[quote]eaboadar wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

Well, as I said, this is more a learning exercise at this point. I suppose that if I were to do a cycle like this the best option would be to use nolva as instructed by the sticky? In regards to this, I have read somewhere that while Nolva and Clomid are very similar, they also have some differences. Would this make it worthwhile to run both on PCT or would one of them be enough for optimal recovery? If both were used would the doses for both be lower than they would be if used alone or would one just stack one on top of the other?

Would you mind elaborating a bit more on your responses please?[/quote]

you can use one, the other or both for PCT. I personally like to use both.

[quote]eaboadar wrote:
Also, could your recommendation be extended to other 5-AR inhibitors such as Proscar or is it particularly Dutasteride that you wouldn’t recommend? Thanks.[/quote]

I dunno man, I heard the finasteride can cause permanent bonerlessness, so I’m not going to fuck about with any of those chemicals.

Just so you know, 95% of people can run a low dose test cycle without losing hair