Simple Low Carb Cookies

Came across a low carb peanut butter cookie recipe earlier. Very simple and Ive tweaked it only marginally:

250g natural peanut butter
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup splenda

Cook at 175C for 12-17 mins

I havent tested but the original recipe I have heard is tasty if a little dry… any thoughts on what I can add to add to get a little bit of chewyness/softness other then slightly cutting cooking time?

Ideally I would like to avoid butter/flours (grains)/etc.

Oils perhaps? More egg? Ground almonds?

Im not much of a chef!

No exotic ingredients please =] Im making these with the intention of being quick, fast, fairly healthy and most of all - cheap.

And of course share any other little recipes like this you may have stumbled across!

Berardi has a recipe for peanut butter cookies in his gourmet nutrition desserts. Pretty similar to above, except with some olive oil and a bunch of scoops of protein powder. I made it, came out dry and hard and I got a pretty good jaw workout eating them. I gave them a 4/10 on tastiness and 1/10 on the pain in the assness of making them. Especially scooping about a jar of peanut butter and then mixing it by hand. Then when I baked em, a bunch of oil came out of the cookies and made a huge mess on my baking sheet.

One thing I have been making is flax cake/flax muffins. I don’t know who to credit for the original source of the recipe but I make them more than occasionally. They are extremely easy.

1/4 c. milled flax
1 egg
2 tsp oil (i use coconut)
1 tbsp water
1 scoop protein (i use chocolate)
1 tsp cacao powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
liberal amount of cinnamon
maybe some splenda depending on desire for sweetness

Mix in a bowl and microwave for 1min 30 sec.

I’ve made it without the baking powder and cacao and it works out fine. It will dry out quick so if I am not eating it right away I’ll wrap it in plastic wrap or put it in some semi airtight food storage apparatus.

You’ve just missed this:

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_supplements/peanut_butter_eggs_try_it?id=1956416&pageNo=1

Sure beats baking.