Simple Living

Have any of ya’ll gotten into the whole simplicity way of living? I know it’s kind of a hippie/bullshit thing, but some of it makes a lot of sense.

[quote]SouthernGypsy wrote:
Have any of ya’ll gotten into the whole simplicity way of living? I know it’s kind of a hippie/bullshit thing, but some of it makes a lot of sense.

[/quote]

I don’t think there’s anything hippy about living simply. I’d love to be able to grow and hunt some of the food I eat. Also, I think most people waste too much and don’t take good care of their stuff. I try to be frugal because my parents and grandparents still had that depression era “waste not want not” ethic.

The people at that site seem to be big on raw vegetables, nuts, etc. I think people were probably roasting nuts, and cooking vegetables since they discovered fire. If it aids digestion, how could it be bad?

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
SouthernGypsy wrote:

I don’t think there’s anything hippy about living simply. I’d love to be able to grow and hunt some of the food I eat. Also, I think most people waste too much and don’t take good care of their stuff. I try to be frugal because my parents and grandparents still had that depression era “waste not want not” ethic.

The people at that site seem to be big on raw vegetables, nuts, etc. I think people were probably roasting nuts, and cooking vegetables since they discovered fire. If it aids digestion, how could it be bad?[/quote]

Fire = good

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
Fire = good

[/quote]

RAAAAAH! FIRE BAD!!!