Simple Chest Sessions?

well it does work both, but preferentially the chest as you move torso further to parallel with ground; if you tuck your elbows close to body and move torso closer to upright, or perpendicular to ground, then you’ll be working tri’s primarily. If you want to do that, try putting feet out in front and it’ll keep torso from swinging back.

[quote]matttchew wrote:
well it does work both, but preferentially the chest as you move torso further to parallel with ground; if you tuck your elbows close to body and move torso closer to upright, or perpendicular to ground, then you’ll be working tri’s primarily. If you want to do that, try putting feet out in front and it’ll keep torso from swinging back.[/quote]

Okay, so basically same movement, but elbows less flared? I can check it out on youtube anyway I’m sure! Thanks for all the help. I’ll start DB flyes this week, but will go flat on the ground on a matt so I can not injure my shoulders at all - that is the only reason as to why I have not done it in a while.

Go to the gym and try it out, you will instantly figure it out unless you’re half retarded because it will either be a deep burn in the chest, or triceps depending on what you’re trying to accomplish. Within a couple reps you’ll know what muscle you’re working the most, and if you want to focus on the other, just slightly shift your body like matt has mentioned.

I like to stay away from dips because it almost always seems to flair up my elbow.

[quote]Hazza1989 wrote:
Thanks guys, all great replies. I love this forum (no homo). But yer, I can see why Flat and Incline may not be enough exercise, but what if you varied the reps and sets every 6-8 weeks, would that not be enough to shock the muscles into even greater growth? Anyway, what would be the best third exercise to add? Flyes or decline? [/quote]

It’s not about “shocking” the muscles by way of using different rep schemes, volume, or exercise variations. It’s about consistently exposing them to greater amounts of stress/load.

Just keep adding weight to the bar and eating enough to keep the scale moving in the upwards direction and you’ll grow plenty.

I have a pretty fuckin simple chest session haha… Decline bench, work up to a top set of 6-8, and incline bench, work up to a top set of 8-15, then pec deck as a finisher to get a good pump. I’ve usually done a little more volume but I’ve enjoyed this. I hit triceps after with smith reverse grip benches after that so that’s one reason for keeping the volume down but yeah, just do it.