Simo - The Red Shoe Diaries (Part 1)

Can you get that sweaty bloke out the way please? Trying to admire the view.

3 Likes

Managed to get in some burpees yesterday and today. Haven’t been on here because you know… vacation :smile:

5 Likes

So vacation is over and we are back home. Got in 200 burpees today in just over 20 mins. It was HOT today and this was horrible. Got it done anyway.

7 Likes

Monday 24th January -week 1

Squat
Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 3
110 x 2
130 x 2
135 x 4 x 3 sets (297 lbs) RPE 7, 7, 7
Felt good to be back under the bar. Felt heavy but moved ok. Pretty good for a week off.

Leg ext
135 x 20 x 3 sets
Big quad pump.

Dumbell bench
35 x 8 x 4 sets
Left shoulder a bit cranky, hurt on squats too. Didn’t really effect the pressing though.

Pull ups
Max x 3 sets
Reps - 10, 8, 6
Hot and sweaty tonight so grip was slipping.

Great first session back. Hips were a little cranky from the week off and too much driving. But everything moved well. Good to be back in the gym.

6 Likes

Squats from tonight and random beach shot from holiday

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZG5nmhr9ik/?utm_medium=copy_link

2 Likes

Love it when you talk filthy.

2 Likes

About the only filthy fun I get :joy:

2 Likes

Feeling the session from last night today. Legs have that deep muscle pain in them that comes from heavy squats. I will still get some burpees in today but expecting them to be ugly.

2 Likes

Are burpees ever not ugly? (ChongLord’s graceful moves not withstanding…)

LOL you are right mate. I keep fooling myself that as I do more and more of them they will get easier but they just dont.

1 Like

Got in 200 - 2 Pump burpees today and it was a great session. Mindset was completely different today and it really helped.

2 Likes

Wednesday 26th January - week 1

Deadlift
Bar x 10
70 x 5
110 x 3
140 x 2
145 x 6 (319 lbs) RPE 5 (first rep flew up)
145 x 6 RPE 5
145 x 6 RPE 5
145 x 13 RPE 6 - these were good

Hot in the gym tonight so these really got the lungs pumping. Pushed the last set for a few more reps but stopped when lungs had enough. Still moving quite quick at the end. Felt good.

Oh press
Bar x 10
40 x 5
60 x 4 x 4 sets (132 lbs) RPE 7, 7, 7, 7

Shoulders fried from yesterdays 400 push ups. These were slow but still good old hard work.

Dumbell supported row
30 x 8 x 3 sets

Dips BW
Max - 3 sets
Reps - 20, 17, 13
Grip slipping from sweaty hands.

Happy Australia Day everyone. Great session tonight, deadlifts flew up and everything else was just good old work. Quality

7 Likes

Deadlift from tonight. Vids are last and first sets

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZL-xYyrRRx/?utm_medium=copy_link

7 Likes

Nice mate, explosive/quick on the DL’s here. Solid work.

1 Like

Thanks mate. Yes they felt really good yesterday. Looks like the week off relaxing (and doing buprees), was good for me.

1 Like

Was feeling surprisingly good today after the deadlifts yesterday. Got in a quick burpee session this afternoon. 120 burpees with 200 push ups. Good chest pump and got some blood through the legs and back. Nice

3 Likes

Friday 28th January

SSB (no sleeves or belt)

Bar x 10
70 x 5
100 x 8 x 3 sets RPE 6, 6, 6
Right knee groaning a bit. Longs huffing and puffing

Bench
Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 3
95 x 5 x 3 sets (209 lbs) RPE 5, 6, 6
All reps with a solid pause. Right shoulder a little buggy!!

Pull ups
BW
3 x 5 sets EMOM

Prowler 80 then 50kg
13 runs
Did the first run with 80kg but the carpet was damp from the humidity and it was like it was stuck to the floor. Dropped the weight to 50kg. Added 3 runs to still make it hard work

Good Friday night session. Everything moving well and prowler worked up a great sweat.

7 Likes

Strongman Saturday -

Sandbag pick and carry’s- 30m (100’feet) there and back.
10 carry’s going every 2nd minute- 20 mins

Then I did a 1 to 30 pump burpee challenge.
Start with 1 pump burpee followed by 1 squat chaser
Then go 2 and 2, then 3 and 3. Keep going up until you can’t complete the push ups.
I got to round 20 and stopped there. I had to pause a couple of times at the top of the push ups and figured
I could maybe keep going but there would be lots of pauses and that wasn’t in the spirit of the challenge.
Was happy with 20, got a good pump and gives me a number to beat next time.

12 Likes

Was feeling pretty beat up today after the first week back to full training, still needed to do some work today so just went or a straight 100 - 1 pumps. Tried to get it done quicker today and was happy with finishing a bit under 9 mins. No exactly the flash but quick for me so was happy after. Well I was happy once I stopped gasping for breath and trying not to puke!!

4 Likes

Monday 31st January - week 2

Squat
Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 3
110 x 2
130 x 2
140 x 4 x 4 sets (308 lbs) RPE 7, 7, 7. 8
Felt like hard work but not too heavy on my back. Last couple of reps were a little good
morningish but back plenty strong enough to get the job done.
It was like a sauna in the gym tonight. Sweating just thinking about squatting.

Leg ext
135 x 20 x 3 sets
Painful pump

Db bench
37.5 x 8 x 4 sets (83 lb)
Solid reps getting hard but all reps were good.

Pull ups
Max x 3 sets
11, 7, 6
Was totally spent, no breath and no power

So hot in the gym tonight. Had a great session but really can’t wait for a cooler day.

7 Likes