Simo - The Red Shoe Diaries (Part 1)

For sure. I didn’t react to the first two doses, but the booster hit me pretty badly.

1 Like

Friday 7th January

SSB
Bar x 10
70 x 5
100 x 8 x 3 sets RPE 6, 6, 6
These weren’t hard but they also were. Really feel them in my lower back and right knee is still cranky.

Bench
Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 3
95 x 5 x 3 sets (209 lbs) RPE 5, 5, 5
Long pause and felt light. Really good.

Pull ups
BW
3 x 5 sets (EMOM)
Nice and easy but felt it in my sore shoulder

Prowler 80
10 runs- these we be get any easier

Had my third jab today so shoulder was a little sore but other than that all good.

7 Likes

Did you have all three the same flavour?

All mine were Pfizer and I had no side effects on any. Everyone I know that had a different booster to their original doses have had reactions.

All three Pfizer for me mate. Sore shoulder from the jab but that’s it.

Vids from tonight. Really happy with bench

https://www.instagram.com/simosim74/p/CYbEvObrCK-/?utm_medium=copy_link

4 Likes

Same. Although I trained immediately after on all three, so hard to say where the soreness was from.

1 Like

Are you finding all those burpees helping your Bench?

No idea if they are helping but they are not negatively impacting it. This is week 1 of a new block so the weight is light and should feel light. I will see what it feels like in 3 weeks time :wink:

1 Like

Looks smooth and easy!

Yeah, all of mine were Pfizer.

1 Like

Yes they were. Definitely the best bench has felt for a little while. Hopefully that means I might actually progress bench this year :crossed_fingers:t2:

2 Likes

Shoulder is a little sore today but other than that feel ok. Went for a walk with my son (he rode his bike) this morning just to get moving and it felt good to be out in the fresh air before my morning coffee. Will do some more conditioning later with the sand bag and probably some burpees too.

3 Likes

Decided to do one of @T3hPwnisher bad idea sessions today. Chose to do Juarez Valley and use the 60kg sandbag for the squats and do 10 burpees between sets of squats.
I started at 15 squats and worked down and up as per the workout plan.
This was an absolutely terrible idea and it totally trashed me. I trained 3 hours ago and I still feel like I am on fire. Thanks Pwn for the idea but please don’t give me any more ideas like this ever ever ever again :joy:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYdcc6crho9/?utm_medium=copy_link

9 Likes

Am I the only one who directly fast-forwards to the end of these videos to watch and enjoy the suffering?

5 Likes

Hah! You’re killing it for sure. Juarez is a unique beast on it’s own. Whereas the Tower is this slow creeping death that suddenly becomes like a firehose at the end, Juarez kicks you square in the nuts at the start and you’re just reeling from it for the rest of the workout, trying to hold on like it’s a bucking bronco. Good on you dude!

2 Likes

No you are definitely not!

Is that 300 total burpees? Mate, insanity.
Also, I noticed you are getting real depth on those sandbag squats. Mine are definitely half-squats. Is it leg spread, holding it higher, sandbag shape… maybe I’m subconsciously finding ways to cheat and make it easier, because it lands on my thighs before hitting depth.

1 Like

Mate when I first though about this session I was going to start at 10 squats.
But on paper 55 squats and 100 burpees just didn’t seem like much so I decided to do 15.
You are so right about this kicking you straight in the nuts from the start. My heart was beating so fast it was all I could hear pounding in my ears, like when my son practices his drums.
By then 4th set of squats I felt nauseous and just had to somehow talk myself into finishing.

1 Like

No mate it was 15 sets of squats so 15 x 10 burpees for 150.
With regards to squat depth the secret is to have the legs a little wider and the toes angled out and open the knees as you squat to allow the bag to go down between. This also uses a lot more glutes which is always a good thing when your ass is as big as mine :joy:

2 Likes

No you are not we all like to skip to the ending because that’s where the fun part is. I fully expect people to do that because 40 mins of me heavy breathing is really not that interesting :joy: