Simo - The Red Shoe Diaries (Part 1)

I assume this is a living in lock down city reference ? It felt so good to do something simple like go to a park.

2 Likes

It was, just because it looks like we may trend back that way. And I’m glad to hear it!

Yes with this new variant there is already talk about what will happen next and if another lockdown is on the cards. I don’t think it will happen but you never know.

1 Like

Get some leg drive in there and you’ll put up decent numbers mate. Those calves must have some power!

That would take practice which takes time.

I’ve been keeping on up Insta but gonna check in here anyways. I’m in Melbourne most weekends now and have a membership at Melbourne Strength Culture if you wanna get in a sesh together there.

Is that in Moorabbin? I need a passport to go that far :joy::joy::joy:. What happened to iron revolution ?

First 300 burpees tonight. It was 30c so I was more than a little warm doing these. Paced myself to make sure I got them done. Wasn’t quick but happy with the reps. Left elbow a little cranky afterwards but that’s the joy of being crusty.

4 Likes

You’re an absolute legend man.

Really proud of you and also honoured that you’ve decided to jump on board the burpee express.

People need to take note of this. Your progression is admirable

2 Likes

Highlights

https://www.instagram.com/p/CW5LUZwvlXR/?utm_medium=copy_link

Full 310

8 Likes

A big part of this is down to you my friend. Passion creates momentum. Thank you

3 Likes

I’ll need some grass growing tips next pls.

Enjoying a morning coffee at work listening to all this huffing and puffing. 300 woot.

3 Likes

You look like an absolute unit Simo!

3 Likes

I don’t have any tips other than food and water mate. Also Now that the dog has gone off to the army, the grass is much healthier :joy:

2 Likes

Thanks Alex, my body weight hasn’t really changed much and I don’t feel like there is much progress but I will take that compliment.

1 Like

I’ve got two German Shepard mixes. We’ve been in this house 6 months, back yard is already completely destroyed. Great.

1 Like

I’m finding myself in the south east of Melbourne most weekends these days since everything has opened up after COVID restrictions. In the region I’ve a few friends, am dating someone and training at Strength Culture.

1 Like

That makes sense. The next few weeks are crazy for me but would deff like to do something in the new year.

1 Like

Wednesday 1 December

Deadlift
Bar x 10
70 x 5
110 x 3
140 x 2
150 x 6 x 4 sets (330 lbs) - RPE 6, 6, 6, 6
Nice pulls. Lungs puffing hard but body felt good.

OH press
Bar x 10
40 x 5
62.5 x 4 x 3 sets (138 lbs) - RPE 7, 7, 7
62.5 x 7 good kept one in the tank
These never feel great, just need to keep doing them.

Bench supported Db row
27.5 x 8 x 3 sets

Dips
BW +10kg
3 sets - max
18, 14, 12

I was expecting to be shattered today after the 300 burpees yesterday but other than a little general tiredness (which I call being a parent) I felt pretty darn good.

9 Likes

Vids from tonight sets are first and last

https://www.instagram.com/p/CW73t1Ev_nk/?utm_medium=copy_link

4 Likes