Simo - The Red Shoe Diaries (Part 1)

A little more strongman Saturday with a burpee chaser, channeling my inner @T3hPwnisher and @ChongLordUno

12 sandbag carries going every second minute. Last one was a longer one.

Followed by 50 x 2 pump burpees

15 Likes

Nice videographer, haha.

1 Like

Yer my son likes to do the videos which means i never quite know what I am going to get. This is real dad life no editing :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Managed to get some burpees done today. Just 110 done in the afternoon. Went out for a bbq lunch at the park with some family. Ate way too much meat which made the burpees much harder.

12 Likes

Looking yoked dude!

1 Like

How heavy is that bag?

1 Like

Thanks @T3hPwnisher thats massive coming from you.

@jdm135 the bag is 60kg (132 lbs). It can take 80 so I will be adding another bag of sand soon.

1 Like

Cool.
I just filled a bag today and intend to add it to my training. At the moment just picking it up is quite a task so I’ll have a few sessions just learning to handle it.
Any recs for getting started or just pick it up and put it down in different ways?

1 Like

Maybe reach out to @Koestrizer or @T3hPwnisher as they will be better placed to help with ideas on progression or what to do. I just pick mine up and walk up and down with it. It did feel pretty heavy the first few times but you get used to it. The shape of the bag will also impact how handle it, mine is quite compact to it is a simple case of getting my fingers under it and then picking it up.

1 Like

Fanboy plug, there’s a couple of techniques in this video shout half way through:

4 Likes

These sweaty ‘old men’ video’s cropping up all over now, brilliant work rate here mate. Double fist-bump from across the border.

3 Likes

Picks, squats in a bear hug, extensions (from the lap to the chest - like the second part of an atlas stone load), carries of course, shouldering… Really no wrong answers. Sandbags are an incredible vertisile tool.

1 Like

Great work Simo when is your SM comp heheh

1 Like

Monday 29th November

Squat
Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 3
110 x 3
135 x 4 x 4 sets (297 lbs) - RPE- 7, 7, 7, 7
Moved pretty well. Tiny bit of soreness in the legs from last week but didn’t slow me down.

Leg ext
105 x 20 x 3 sets
Great pump and burn.

Db bench
35 x 8 x 4 sets
Nice reps

Pull ups
3 x max - 13, 8, 7
These are still hard. Tried to channel @Bagsy to get more reps but this old body wasn’t having it.

A little warm tonight so worked up a great sweat. Happy with how everything moved. Wouldn’t say feeling strong but definitely not broken. Quality

9 Likes

Squats from tonight, happy with these

https://www.instagram.com/p/CW2xuswvU2c/?utm_medium=copy_link

4 Likes

No SM for me yet. I do love SM but with my poverty overhead I don’t think I will compete :joy::joy::joy:

Love it mate. So happy that you’ve turned to the burpee for some tender loving care

1 Like

I don’t know if they are giving me care but they are definitely not tender!! :joy:

1 Like

@ChongLordUno it might be a little early to call
It but tonight I got my session done in 60 mins flat. I don’t know if it is the conditioning or I just felt good tonight but I will take this as a little win.

1 Like

And you weren’t arrested??

1 Like