Simo - The Red Shoe Diaries (Part 1)

Thats the burpee effect.

Glad to see you on the mend mate

1 Like

Actually feeling worse but not much I can do about it.

I’ll give you the same advice your doctor gave you: Stop being a whiny little bitch.

2 Likes

Pretty sure he called me a BIG bitch !

That’s even worse, mate.

Yer but at least I’m not small

1 Like

I feel like that last comment was directed at my arms and legs and other un-muscly bits.

2 Likes

Lol it really wasn’t but what ever motivates you to train arms like @TrainForPain is a good thing :wink:

2 Likes

Still feeling like crap today so no training. Spent some time planning out the next training block. Going to still be strength focused on the big 4 with accessory work. But adding in the conditioning with prowler, sandbag and of course burpees. It is going to be very interesting to see how the increased conditioning effects my body as well as my strength work. Looking forward to staying strong but hopefully also feeling more mobile.

9 Likes

Feeling a little better today. Throat still sore and voice sounds like I have been smoking 40 a day for 20 years. Managed to drag my ass outside and wash and wax the car. It felt good to be out in the fresh air and moving about but I was constantly out of breath. Feels like someone sitting on my chest. Used the inhaler the doctor gave me but it only help a small amount. Hopefully moving about and fresh air will help clear it and I will feel a bit better tomorrow.

6 Likes

Do you have allergies or bronchitis or maybe the dreaded no diagnosis? You’ve had a rough run.

Essentially no diagnosis but Dr thinks allergies with seasonal asthma leading to throat infection. Never had breathing this restricted before, or sucks.

2 Likes

Sorry man. I’m sure that’s incredibly uncomfortable

1 Like

Mate there is a brutal cold going about. I’ve had the same symptoms for a month

Only just started to feel normal the last couple of days :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Thanks @ChongLordUno and @TrainForPain
I will be fine I am just a very grumpy sick person who hates not being able to move. If it was just a head cold I would train but when it is on the chest I feel it is better to let it heal first. It is nothing really but it is frustrating.
Got out in the sun again this morning and washed the wife’s car. Was soaked in sweat and aching all over by the end but still good to be moving.

2 Likes

Treated myself to some new knee sleeves and a set of figure 8 straps today. Getting in on some early black Friday sale action. Quality

8 Likes

Its the misses birthday today so no gym. Managed to sneak in a little burpees Instead. Did 50 x 3 pump burpees. Breathing was pretty hard after the infection last week. The pec pump was awesome though.

3 Likes

Look it is some burpees !!

8 Likes

Tuesday 23rd November

Squat
Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 3
110 x 3
130 x 4 x 3 sets (286 lbs) RPE 7, 7, 7
These felt good after a week off.

Leg ext
90 x 20 x 3 sets

Db bench
32.5 x 8 x 4 sets
Pecs were sore AF from the 3 pump burpees. Weights moved real easy though.

Pull ups
3 max - 10, 9, 7

Felt good to be back in the gym. Deff going to be sore for the rest of the week but that is the price you pay for a deload.

11 Likes

Some squats

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CWnNxaVFi7E/?utm_medium=copy_link

3 Likes