T Nation

Simo - The Rebuild 2021

Thanks @Cyrrex and @dagill2 I am sorry I haven’t been round much. I will try and log sessions but probably won’t be checking in on too many logs for a little while. Hope everyone is well and training hard.

4 Likes

Great work simo

1 Like

Managed to make time to get a little sandbag work in on Sunday.
Set the timer for 10 rounds of 1 min work 1 min rest
Carry was 20m (65 ft), carries took a little under 30 secs, which have me 90 sec rest.
Ended up doing 11 runs and then added a longer one for the 12th about 35m (115 ft).
Add two sets of push ups at the end for that all body pump (40 reps and 20 reps)

Great to get moving and do some work. Need to get my shit together and train properly next week.

12 Likes

Holy bicep doms Batman!! Those sand bag carries are seriously hard work on the biceps. A few more weeks of this and I’ll have arms like @TrainForPain :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Thanks again for posting the beef-n-squash recipe! I slightly tweaked it and had a bowl for dinner tonight - delicious.

Glad you liked it mate, that looks bloody good.

1 Like

It definitely is. I went with twice the squash/pumpkin and broth ingredients, as well as a quarter cup of orange liqueur, which worked well with my chosen meat; the buffalo is quite gamey but, to me, tasty. I’m eating it as soup without rice to decrease carbs and my waistline.

If you have any more recipes you want to share, I’m all ears and taste buds.

I will have to ask the cook mate, she does amazing stuff.

1 Like

I’ve no doubt she does - the food pictures you’ve posted throughout the the years attest to her skills. You can tell her this recipe has received acclaim in 'Murica.

Especially if I keep going backwards! We’ll meet in the middle

Lmao let’s hope it’s a lot closer to your end mate

2 Likes

Tuesday 19th October

Squat
Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 3
110 x 2
135 4 x 4 sets (297 lbs) RPE 8, 8, 9, 9
I wish these were easier. Glad to get them done.

Sissy squat
3 sets - 20 reps

Push up ( on handles) BW + 5kg
3 x max - 40, 23, 16

Alternate with
pull up - close grip hands facing
3 x max - 12, 8, 8

Massive pump tonight,right pec was a little sore. Don’t know of this is from the sandbag carries or just the push ups.

Great session, felt good to just get it done.

13 Likes

Vids from tonight just because I know @Cyrrex loves them :wink:

7 Likes

Do you squat in wrestling shoes?

1 Like

They do look like that. They are actually gym shoes with a very thin flat soles.

1 Like

It’s really a battle of being turned on by your gorgeous, shapely calves and absolutely disgusted by your faux red wrestling shoes.

4 Likes

Great smooth movements on those pullups fella. killing it here.

Thursday 21 October

Trap bar deadlift
Bar x 10
70 x 5
110 x 5
140 x 8 x 4 sets RPE 5, 6, 6, 6
Had a headache all day and higher reps deadlifts definitely didn’t help!! No belt on these. Reps were touch and go, not too tough but got me breathing hard.

Bench
Bar x 10
70 x 5
90 x 5 x 4 sets RPE 7, 7, 7, 7
Good sets nice solid pause on all reps, just feeling the movement tonight.

Pull up - wide grip
BW+6kg
3 x 5 sets full stretch dead stop every rep
Super set with
Dips
BW +10kg
5 sets - reps 12, 12, 8, 7, 7 total 46
Short rests, Great pump

Left lat was a little sore tonight. Think I pulled it a little doing that sandbag work on Saturday. Nothing to worry about just another ache or pain!!

It’s spring time here and today was a warmer day. The shed had heated up real good. Melts all the tests on the short side (for me), Deff worked up a sweat tonight.

11 Likes

Vids from tonight

4 Likes

Since when do you have a stankin trap bar?